Solved: How to Find Wi-Fi Password On iPhone Without Jailbreak
Have you lost your Wi-Fi password, and now you are suffering from connectivity issues? Don’t worry; your suffering has come to an end. In this guide, we will try to resolve the problem that many users face when they forget the Wi-Fi password. It happens to a lot of people due to the automatic connect feature for Wi-Fi. As time passes by, we lost track of the password until we need it again due to some reasons. Maybe you need to tell the password to your friend, or you need to change it due to the risks of hacking.
Whatever your reasons are, we will cover how to see the Wi-Fi password on iPhone without jailbreak in detail here.
- Part 1. Find Out Three Methods To Find Wifi Password On iPhone Without Jailbreak
- Part 2. If Your iPhone Is Jailbroken, You Have Two More Choices To See Saved Wi-Fi Password
Part 1. Find Out Three Methods To Find Wifi Password On iPhone Without Jailbreak
We all know that Apple Inc uses a very strong security infrastructure for iOS devices. This means you can’t just open the settings and take a look at the password. Hence, we have gathered a list of 3 methods on how to get a Wi-Fi password from the iPhone without jailbreak.
- Method 1. Find Wi-Fi Password On iPhone using iCloud Keychain Sync
- Method 2. How To See Wi-Fi Password On iPhone via Router Settings
- Method 3. Get Wi-Fi Password On iPhone Without Jailbreak Using iOS Password Manager Software
Method 1. Find Wi-Fi Password On iPhone using iCloud Keychain Sync
For the people who don’t know this, Apple Inc has provided the users an iCloud feature that can bypass their Wi-Fi password seamlessly. You need to sync up all the saved passwords with your iCloud account. To learn how to know Wi-Fi password in iPhone without jailbreak, you need to follow the steps below:
Note: You will need a Mac for this method to work.
1. Take your iPhone and open Settings> iCloud > Keychain, and you will see the iCloud Keychain feature there. Toggle the bar to enable the feature. Now, exit the iCloud Settings and open Personal Hotspot and turn it on. Once the hotspot is active, connect your Mac with the iPhone hotspot.
2. On your Mac, open the Spotlight search panel and type Keychain Access in the space. Look for the iPhone network whose password you want to retrieve. As you select the network, the “Show Password” will be highlighted.
As you tick the option, the password will be displayed on the screen, and you will have the Wi-Fi password without having to jailbreak your device.
Method 2. How To See Wi-Fi Password On iPhone via Router Settings
If you don’t have Mac, then don’t panic; there is still another way around the Wi-Fi password. It is a clever workaround method that works out fine. This method can be used when it is the Router password that you are trying to bypass. To know how to see saved Wi-Fi password on iPhone without jailbreak, follow the steps below:
1. Open Settings and click on the “i” icon next to the network name. This will display further information relevant to the Router.
- 2. Write down the IP address of the Router and open the Safari browser on your iPhone or any other device.
- 3. As you press Enter after typing the IP address, you will see the Login section of the Router. Generally, the username and password set for the router is “admin.” If not, then do a search for default router settings for the particular model.
4. Once you are inside the Router Settings, locate the Wireless Setup or Settings option. Then you can retrieve the password for the Wi-Fi without jailbreak.
Even though this is more like a hit-and-trial method, it is worth a try.
Method 3. Get Wi-Fi Password On iPhone Without Jailbreak Using iOS Password Manager Software
If you are not willing to squander your time with the methods that may or may not work to get the Wi-Fi password. Here, we tested many products that get Wi-Fi password. It's worth recommending a tool that Tenorshare 4uKey-Password Manager is the software you need, which gives 100% guarantee to do that. Tenorshare 4uKey-Password Manager is the software you need. The software is capable of accessing passwords in iPhone, iPad, and even Mac OS. So, you no longer have to agonize about how to see the Wi-Fi password on iPhone no jailbreak. Moreover, with the help of Tenorshare 4uKey, you can recover device passcode and your Apple account password as well.
You can download and install the software from the website. As soon as the setup is finished, follow the steps below to get back the password:
1 Run the program and connect your iPhone with it. Once the device is connected, tap on the Start Scan button to allow the software to detect the saved passwords on the device.
2 The software will start scanning the available information of the accounts and the password and retrieve them in a while. If your iTunes backup that contains the passwords is password protected, then you might have to enter the passcode first to access the information.
3 Once the scan is complete, you will see the stored passwords on the screen well-sorted. Select the Wi-Fi Accounts option and stored Wi-Fi network data will be displayed on the screen. Now you can use the password to get access to the Wi-Fi anytime.
You can even export the password file for future references. So, from now on, you’ll never have to worry about bypassing any password on your iPhone.
Part 2. If Your iPhone Is Jailbroken, You Have Two More Choices To See Saved Wi-Fi Password
So far, we have discussed the methods that are available when we don’t want to jailbreak the iPhone. But what if the device is already jailbroken? You will have two more methods available to overcome the issue you are facing.
Method 1: Using NetworkList Cydia Tweak
There are many tools available for jailbroken iPhone to bypass the Wi-Fi password. As we have already discussed the ways on how to check the Wi-Fi password on iPhone no jailbreak, you must know the other way around as well. The NetworkList Cydia Tweak is such a method that can be used after jailbreak.
1. Open Cydia and look for NetworkList application. Install the app on the iPhone, and if prompted, click on the “Restart Springboard” to restart the home screen.
- 2. Then navigate to the Wi-Fi settings, and you will see a new option for “Known Networks.” Tap on the option, and you will see the previously connected network list on the screen.
The password of the network will be listed below the name in plain text. To copy the password, you can tap on it and export it wherever you want.
Method 2: Using the WiFiPasswords Cydia Tweak
If you are still looking for a method on how to get saved Wi-Fi password on iPhone without jailbreak, then be careful as this method will only work for jailbroken devices.
1. Launch Cydia and look for the Wifi Passwords List app. Install the app on your iPhone and tap on the “Restart Springboard” option if prompted.
- 2. Run the app, and on the home screen, the app will list out the Wi-Fi networks that you have connected to in the past along with the passwords.
And that’s all you need to do to retrieve your password. However, these two methods are only viable if the device is already jailbroken. If you have lost the password and then you consider jailbreaking it, then you will lose the password permanently.
The Bottom Line
From this guide, we can narrow it down that if you wish to retrieve the Wi-Fi password on iPhone without jailbreak,there are several methods to perform. If you are having a problem using iPhone, like iPhone stuck on recovery mode, or stuck on Apple logo, UltFone iOS System Repair is the best software to fix iOS to normal without data loss.