[2022 Updated] iPhone Stuck on Hello Screen [6 Fixes]
Seeing your iPhone Stuck on Hello Screen is an experience that is mostly dreaded by most iPhone users. Your frustration starts to grow when hello screen problem refuses to go away despite everything you have tried. Have you been Googling How do I fix my iPhone stuck on the Hello screen? Then, you are at the right place. This post will explain six ways you can solve the above problem. But, before diving into the solutions, let’s find out the possible causes of the problem.
- Part 1: Why does iPhone Stuck on Hello Screen?
- Part 2: How Do I Fix My iPhone Stuck on the Hello Screen? [6 Fixes]
Part 1: Why does iPhone Stuck on Hello Screen?
Your iPhone Stuck on Hello Screen can be attributed to several factors. The reasons can be numerous, but this article will only focus on the most common factors. Outlined below are the most popular factors behind the said problem.
- You probably just finished updating your iPhone, and that could be one of the spillover effects of the process.
- It is possible the update did not go as expected, making it difficult for your iPhone to move beyond Hello screen.
- A corrupt hardware or software file may prevent your iPhone from starting as it ought to.
- Perhaps, you tried using iTunes to restore your iPhone, and something went wrong.
- Your iPhone has been physically damaged or corrupted, and that is making it impossible to boot correctly.
The above reasons can make your iPhone stuck on its Hello screen. But, no need to be alarmed about this because there are different ways you can resolve the problem.
Part 2: How Do I Fix My iPhone Stuck on the Hello Screen? [6 Fixes]
The subsequent sections will guide you on how you can solve the problem. We will begin with our very first fix on the list.
Fix 1: Run out Battery & Plug iPhone
You should try this first whenever your iPhone stuck on hello screen after bypass. This is not difficult, as all you are expected to do is let the phone battery drain completely. In other words, the battery must become completely empty. When that happens, the iPhone automatically turn itself off. The moment you discover it has gone off, plug it to any power source to infuse some power into it. Wait for some time, and check if iPhone is still experiencing hello screen issue.
Fix 2: Remove The SIM Card and Restart iPhone
This may sound too easy and straightforward, but I can assure you it has worked for many people that had this problem. This fix is as simple as taking out your SIM Card before rebooting the iPhone afterwards. The catch here is that you have to be careful enough not to cause any damage to the SIM Card carrier. Finally, if does not work for you, you can go on to our next fix.
Fix 3: Force Restart iPhone
It will amaze you to learn that an iPhone stuck on hello screen after update can be fixed through this method. This is particularly effective for iPhone 11, 12, and 13 versions. With this method, you are required to:
- Hold the volume (+) and volume (-) buttons at the same time. You are to release the two buttons one after the other after a quick press. Then press the side button till Apple’s logo comes up on your screen (iPhone 8 and later versions).
- Press the volume (-) and power buttons together till Apple’s logo comes up on your screen (iPhone 7 and iPhone 7+).
- Hold down power button and Home button till the Apple logo comes up on your screen ( iPhone 6 & older versions).
Fix 4: Fixing iPhone without Data Loss via UltFone [REC]
With the UltFone iOS System Repair, it’s pointless trying to find out how do I fix my iPhone stuck on the Hello screen? This tool helps you address the problem effortlessly. The beautiful thing about this tool is that you can use it to solve other issues plaguing your iDevice. The UltFone iOS System Repair features will be outlined below;
- Access and exit recovery mode on your iDevice with just one click.
- Besides hello screen issues, fix other 150 iOS system problems such as reboot loop, Apple logo, as well as black screen issues.
- Reset your iPad/iPod/iPhone without iTunes/Finder/password.
- Works seamlessly with every iOS version and iPhone model, which includes iOS 15 and the most recent iPhone 13 series.
Steps to fix iPhone stuck on Hello screen without any data loss
Anytime you are fixing a problem on your iPhone, you need to apply extreme caution so you do not lose the data in the phone. Well, you do not have to bother about losing your data when you are fixing the iPhone stuck on hello screen no home button problem with the UltFone iOS System Repair tool. A tool like this one is particularly perfect for individuals who are new to iPhone. Follow the steps below to use the tool correctly.
Step 1 Download & Install UltFone iOS System Repair
As expected, you need to download the UltFone iOS System Repair and have it installed on your MacBook or PC. When you are done, launch the program. Connect whatever iDevice you have to the PC. Click on Start to access the iOS system repair module.
Step 2 Choose Standard Repair
Click Standard Repair when you see it on the next screen.
Step 3 Download Firmware Package
You need to download a firmware package which matches your device’s before proceeding with the system repair. Click Download to get your firmware package downloaded. If you are not comfortable with the default storage location, you can choose another one by clicking on Browse.
But, if you already have the said firmware package somewhere in your PC, click on import local firmware to navigate to where it is.
The firmware’s package size is large, 2.5G precisely. It will take a while for the process to complete. Please, wait for it.
Step 4 Repair Operating OS System
When you are sure your firmware package download has finished, click Start Repair to fix iPhone stuck on hello screen after update.
Step 5 iOS System Repair completed
Your iDevice will reboot itself when the repair process is complete. By then, Hello screen issue will be gone.
Fix 5: Restore iPhone using iTunes
Here is another fix that can help you overcome Hello screen problem on your iPhone. iTunes’ Recovery mode is one way to resolve the issue. Back up data before using this method because it will erase everything on the device.
- Step 1: Have the iPhone connected to your MacBook or PC with a USB cable. Load iTunes when you are through.
- Step 2: Force your iPhone into recovery mode through the regular forced restart procedures. Do not remove your hand from the buttons till you see that recovery mode screen.
Step 3: Choose Restore from the iTunes options to fix the problem.
Fix 6: Put iPhone in its DFU Mode
Lastly, this issue can also be resolved by restoring your iDevice via Device Firmware Update’ or DFU mode.
- Step 1: Launch iTunes & connect your iDevice to your computer.
- Step 2: Have your iPhone put in its DFU mode.
iPhone 8 & later versions, press the volume (+) button quickly and release it. Repeat the step for the volume (-). Then press the button by the side till iPhone screen changes to black. When you see that black screen, press volume (+) button and power button simultaneously for 5secs. Then let go off the power button, and let your hand remain on the volume (+) button for another 5secs.
iPhone 7 & iPhone 7+, press the volume (-) button and button by the side for between 8 and 10 secs. Then leave the button by the side, and keep pressing the volume (-) button for another 5secs.
iPhone 6 & earlier, press the button by the side and Home button together for between 8 and 10 secs. Remove your hand from the button by the side, and press home button 5sec longer.
- Step 3: If the black screen remains that way, it’s an indication that your iDevice is in its DFU mode. Click OK and Restore to finalize everything.
You can use any of the above methods to fix your iPhone Stuck on Hello Screen. But, if you are not comfortable with the steps explained in the other methods, you can always leverage UltFone iOS System Repair to help you fix the issue. The tool is simple to use and reliable. More importantly, you can back up your data and restore them when you are done with single clicks.