4 Ways to Fix Liquid Detected in Lightning Connector When iPhone is Wet/Not Wet
- Jerry Cook
- Updated on 2022-12-21 to  Fix iPhone
Some users in Reddit reported that their iPhone popped up “Liquid Detected in Lightning Connector” when they tried to charge their iPhone. After seeing this, they attempted to disconnect to allow the connector to dry but it doesn’t work. Some users even said that their iPhone is wet at that time. What is wrong with this problem? This post will tell you how to fix it.
- Part 1: What Does It Mean When Liquid Detected in Lightning Connector Appear?
- Part 2: What You Can Do If You Need an Emergency Charge
- Part 3: Fix Liquid Detected in Lightning Connector When iPhone is Wet
- Part 4: 3 Ways to Fix Liquid Detected in Lightning Connector When iPhone is Not Wet
Part 1: What Does It Mean When Liquid Detected in Lightning Connector Appear?
The iPhone (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, or later) has a built-in feature that notifies users when there's liquid in either the lighting port or on your charging cable. This could happen due to moisture, not necessarily there is any liquid in the charging port, or your cable is wet.
Part 2: What You Can Do If You Need an Emergency Charge
The Liquid Detected message on your iPhone is a warning to avoid potential disaster. There are two options you can select: Dismiss and Emergency Override. If you choose to Dismiss, the warning message will be removed from your screen, and your device won't charge until it's dry. The "Dismiss" option is always the safer choice. Still, if you're confident that a bug is causing the pop-up or that the charging port is completely dry, you can use the "Emergency Override" option to allow normal iPhone charging. No problem! With the Emergency Override option, you can charge your phone without fearing water damage.
Part 3: Fix Liquid Detected in Lightning Connector When iPhone is Wet
Things You Should Do:
If your iPhone or Lightning accessory has been wet, there are a few things to do how to get water out of lightning connector.
- First of all, make sure that you unplug everything from the wall before removing it to avoid leaving any electrical currents running through either device when left unattended.
- Afterward, tap gently on both sides of its connector facing down while holding tight so you can remove excess liquid from inside and leave it to dry in the air.
- If you need to charge urgently, you can try to charge it at least after 30 minutes. Well, If you're still having trouble charging or connecting your Lightning cable, leave it in a dry area with some airflow for up to 24 hours. You can try during this period.
Things You Should Not Do:
If you have an iPhone or Lightning accessory that is wet, here are a few things not to do:
- Don't do anything crazy like drying out the device with a heat source or compressed air because both can cause damage to your precious phone!
- Don’t stick anything other than cables into that Lightning connector, especially not cotton swabs or paper towels.
- You should avoid putting them in rice. The slightest particle of the stuff could damage your phone and cause some serious problems!
Part 4: 3 Ways to Fix Liquid Detected in Lightning Connector When iPhone is Not Wet
If you see a message liquid in lightning connector iPhone but not wet then fix it in the following ways.
Fix 1: Repair iOS System
UltFone iOS System Repair is the most advanced, easy-to-use, and powerful iOS system repair software to help users fix various issues on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This software has many powerful features, and it is straightforward to use. With its user-friendly interface, even novice users can quickly repair their iOS devices with just a few clicks.
Some of the main features of UltFone iOS System Repair are:
- Fix operating system related issues on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Restore your device to factory settings or a previous backup state
- Free to enter or exit Recovery Mode
- Support all iPhone and Android phone
UltFone iOS System Repair is the perfect toolkit to have in your arsenal when it comes to repairing any issues with your iOS device. With just a few clicks, you can quickly Repair iOS System without Data Loss.
Step 1 Just download and launch the program on your PC/Mac, then connect your device (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch) to your computer and click "Start".
Step 2 Then a screen appears. Click on "Standard Repair" to continue the process.
Step 3 If you face an issue iDevice can't detect, follow these steps to put your device in recovery mode or DFU mode manually.
There are two options, Standard Repair, and Deep Repair, that can use to repair. The Standard Repair option work for minor issue without losing your data. While if your issue is not resolved, you can use the Deep Repair option to factory reset your iPhone/iPad without a password.
Step 4 Before starting the system repair process, just download the firmware package to your device by choosing any location through the browsing option.
Step 5 To fix the iOS issue after completion of firmware download, just click on "Start Standard Repair."
Step 6 After a few minutes, your iOS system automatically repairs and reboots your device. All things go to normal now.
Fix 2: Reset All Settings
If you are sure that your iPhone is dry but still facing the issue of lightning connector liquid alert, then the reason is a badly configured setting. This problem can sort out by doing default settings without losing data. Follow these steps to do
- Step 1: Go to the Home screen and access the setting tab.
- Step 2: Then tap on General and select Reset by scroll down option.
- Step 3: Now click on Reset All Settings and enter your device passcode.
Step 4: The next step is to confirm your reset setting. The step is completed check your iPhone’s screen again if it solves it or not.
Fix 3: Force Restart iPhone
More often liquid-detection alert is due to some glitch in your device when you are sure your device is dry. Just remove this glitch (liquid detected in lightning connector but no water) by force restart.
- Step 1: For this, press the volume up button and release quickly. Then press and release the volume down button.
Step 2: In the end, press and hold the side button for a few seconds until an Apple logo appears. Once the phone restarts, check your device error of about liquid detection message.
While there are several potential solutions for fixing liquid detected in a lightning connector, no certain method will work for everyone. Have you experienced water or liquid damage on your iPhone? Try UltFone iOS System Repair to fix liquid detected in lightning connector but iphone is not wet. The best way to repair your device is to use UltFone iOS System Repair. It will work for everyone without losing data.