How to Fix iPhone Group MMS Not Working
Group messaging is a great feature that comes in iOS devices builtin to send one message that everyone can see in the group. Where this feature is so convenient, it’ll be frustrating for the users who rely on it.
However, several users have reported the issue and filled the online forums with questions like “Why won’t my group MMS send?” or, “Why are my group messages not coming through?”.
If you have been asking similar questions to Google or Youtube, here’s how to fix the iPhone group MMS not working issue.
Here’s the complete guide on how to fix the iPhone group MMS not working issue. We have curated a list of 11 practical ways to resolve the issue. Learn them all and try one by one to resolve the issue on your device.
- Part 1 Why Is iPhone Group MMS Not Working?
- Part 2 How to fix iPhone Group MMS Not Working?
- Part 3: What Else Can I Do to Fix iPhone Group MMS Not Working
- Way 1: Directly Use UltFone System Repair to Fix iPhone Group MMS Not Working
- Way 2: Erase the Old Group Conversation and Check if It Works
- Way 3: Ensure the Enough Space on iPhone
- Way 4: Update to the Latest iOS Version
- Way 5: Update the Carrier Settings
- Way 6: Hard Reset iPhone
- Way 7: Restore Your iPhone with iTunes
Part 1 Why Is iPhone Group MMS Not Working?
Several factors make it impossible for you to send or receive group MMS on your iPhone. Below we’ve mentioned the possible factors causing the issue.
- The device’s Storage is full.
- Unstable Internet Connection.
- MMS option disabled in settings.
- Glitches or bugs in the iMessage App.
Part 2 How to fix iPhone Group MMS Not Working?
Here’s how you can fix it if the iPhone group MMS is not working. In this part, we have only listed the most common solutions that’ll immediately resolve the issue.
Way 1: Restart the Messages App
Continuously using the messaging app on your phone can cause glitches or errors. Closing the iMessage and restarting it will launch it from scratch. Try restarting the iMessage to resolve the issue.
Here’s how you can restart the iMessage app on your iPhone:
- If you have an iPhone without a home button, swipe from up the bottom bar on the screen to open up the recent apps and remove the iMessage app. Open it up the way you usually do it and check if your iPhone group MMS is working again.
- For iPhones with the home button, double press the home button to open up the recent app lists and repeat the closing steps mentioned above.
Way 2: Ensure You Haven't Disabled Group Messaging
If you have disabled the group messages in iMessage settings, you won’t be able to send or receive the group messages. Make sure you have enabled the group message toggle in the iMessage settings.
It's quite easy to enable the group messaging feature on your iPhone. Open up the settings app, and tap the Messages to proceed to messages settings. In the message settings interface, enable the Group Messaging toggle.
Way 3: Restart Your iPhone
Almost every smartphone has glitches and bugs in its operating system, and restarting the device can make things work properly. If your group's MMS isn’t being sent or received, chances are glitches are probably playing their role.
Restart your iPhone to refresh its operating system and get it back working properly. iPhones with and without the home button have different ways to restart. Make sure you know the authentic way to restart your iPhone. Here’s how you can restart your iPhone.
Follow the steps below to restart your iPhone without the Home Button (iPhone X to iPhone 14).
- Press and hold the Volume button and Power button until you see a slider on the screen. Drag the slider to switch off your iPhone.
- To turn your iPhone, press and hold the Power/Side button until you see the Apple logo.
To restart your iPhone SE /6/7/8, follow the steps below.
- Press and hold the Side/Power button until you see a slider on the screen, and drag the slider to switch it off.
- Press and hold the Power button to switch it on.
Way 4: Reset Network Settings
The message services need to use your device's network settings to function properly. If you think your iPhone’s network settings aren’t configured correctly, you should reset them by following the steps below.
Open up the Settings app >> General >> Reset Network Settings >> Tap on Reset to restore them to default.
Part 3: What Else Can I Do to Fix iPhone Group MMS Not Working
If you haven’t been able to fix the iPhone group MMS issue on your device, don’t panic. There's still hope to get it back working again. Try fixing it with the advanced method we’ve listed below.
Way 1: Directly Use UltFone System Repair to Fix iPhone Group MMS Not Working
Most of the time, when smartphone features function abnormally, there are chances of bugs and glitches happening at the backend in the OS. You can easily remove them from your iPhone’s OS with the help of a powerful tool like UltFone iOS System Repair.
It’s a powerful program that can resolve up to 150+ software-related issues on your iPhone, like boot loop, frozen screen, black screen, annoying bugs, and glitches that can make things frustrating for you.
The best part is; it's a one-click process to fix iOS issues on your drive. Try running the simple troubleshooting process on your iPhone using UltFone system repair to fix your iPhone group MMS not working issue.
- Downgrade from iOS 16 beta without iTunes.
- Fix 150+ iOS system issues like Apple logo, reboot loop without data loss.
- Support all iOS versions and iPhone models, including iPhone 13 series and iOS 16 beta.
- 1-Click to enter and exit recovery mode on iPhone/iPad
- Reset iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch without password/iTunes/Finder.
Step 1Download the software from your computer. Install and run it. After that, use an USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer. Once the iPhone is detected, click “Start”.
Step 2click "Standard Repair" to proceed. Before performing the system repair, you need to click the "Download" button to download the automatically matched firmware package for your device.
Step 3When the firmware package is downloaded successfully, please click "Start Standard Repair" to fix the iOS issues on your device. Then wait for a few minutes to repair iOS system.
Way 2: Erase the Old Group Conversation and Check if It Works
Another way to fix if your iPhone group MMS isn't working; is to get rid of the problematic group conversation by simply deleting it. Delete the group conversation you are facing the issue with, and create a new group conversion with the group members and see if it’s working properly.
Way 3: Ensure the Enough Space on iPhone
- If your iPhone’s storage is full, it can cause some severe problems, such as app crashes, sluggish performance, and apps not working properly. Make sure your device has some empty storage to utilize for app services.
- Navigate to Settings >> General >> iPhone Storage and see if your device has enough space.
Way 4: Update to the Latest iOS Version
When Apple rolls out the new update, developers configure their apps accordingly to make them compatible with the latest iOS version. Otherwise, it can make things problematic for you, like your iPhone group MMS is not working. Make sure you have updated your device to the latest iOS version.
Go to Settings >> General >> Software Update. Update your device to the latest iOS stable version if there’s any available.
Way 5: Update the Carrier Settings
- The messaging app needs to make use of the network settings in order to send and receive messages. If your network isn’t stable, your iPhone group MMS service would be disrupted on your device.
- Try fixing the group MMS issue on your device by updating the carrier settings to improve the network connectivity on your device. Before updating the carrier settings, ensure your device is connected to Wifi or a cellular data network.
- Navigate to the Settings >> General >> About. Update the carrier settings if any update appears in the about interface.
Way 6: Hard Reset iPhone
If the group MMS issue persists on your device after trying all the methods mentioned above. Try fixing it by hard resetting your iPhone. It’s a great way to refresh your iPhone’s OS and make the device turn on properly.
Different iPhone models have different methods to hard reset the iPhone. Follow the steps below to hard reset your iPhone.
For iPhone 8 and later models, press and quickly release the Volume Up, Down button, and then immediately press and hold the Power/Side button until you see an apple logo on the screen.
For the iPhone 7 lineup, press and hold the Power and Volume Down button.
For iPhone 6 and early lineup, you can hard reset it by pressing down the Power and Home button. Release both buttons when the Apple logo appears.
Way 7: Restore Your iPhone with iTunes
Last but not least, restoring your iPhone with iTunes is also an effective solution to make features function properly on your device. However, it’s worth noting that it’ll cause data loss, so make sure to create a backup of your important data before applying this fix.
Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone with iTunes:
- Step 1: Connect your device to the computer using the lightning cable, and launch iTunes on your computer.
- Step 2: In the iTunes interface, click on the iPhone icon on the top left side of the window. Click Summary from the left side of the window.
- Step 3: Click on the Restore option and wait for a while until your iPhone restarts.
In this article, we discuss the top most effective ways to fix your iPhone group MMS issue. System glitches and bugs mainly cause such issues, and they can be easily removed with the tools like - UltFone iOS system repair.