How to Retrieve Deleted Call Log on iPhone 11/X/XR after Update
Apple has introduced iOS 14; a lot of iPhone users can't wait for a second to try out the new iOS to have all new features access. While updating your device to the newest iOS version, some people encountered some iOS 14 bugs and problems. The iOS update could even result in important data missing from your iPhone. So, if you found the deleted call log on your iPhone after the iOS 14 update, then you're in the right place. Here, we'll help you learn how to recover deleted call logs on iPhone in several ways. But, let's first find out - is it really possible to recover deleted call history.
- Part 1: Can I Recover Deleted Call History
- Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Call Logs On iPhone With No Backup
- Part 3: How to Retrieve Deleted Call History On iPhone from iTunes Backup
- Part 4: How To Retrieve Deleted Call Log On iPhone From iCloud Backup
- Part 5: FAQ About iPhone Call History Recovery
Part 1: Can I Recover Deleted Call History
The short answer to the question - can I recover deleted call history on iPhone is Yes!!
As a rule, Apple specialists will suggest you restore your iPhone you had made with iCloud or iTunes before to retrieve your deleted call history. So, if you haven't created a backup before you found deleted calls from your device, then you'll never recover them.
Indeed, this is not completely true. Deleted data on the iDevices won't be erased from your device database until they're overwritten with newly added files. What it means is that you can locate and get them before them being overwritten. So, how exactly it would happen? Continue reading to find out and learn how to get back deleted call logs on iPhone without backup.
Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Call Logs On iPhone With No Backup
When there's no backup at hand, all you need is a powerful iPhone data recovery solution. That's when UltFone iOS Data Recovery comes in very handy to help you get back call logs without backup. This tool is specially designed to offer you a quick, easy, and safe way to recover deleted or lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.
Outstanding Features of UltFone iOS 14 Data Recovery:
- Recover lost call logs without backup after accidental deletion, jailbreak, update, restore, etc.
- Not just calls logs, it can retrieve more than 30 types of files including photos, music, messages, and much more.
- Retrieve deleted call logs from iTunes backup file.
- Lets you preview data before recovery and choose only what you like to recover.
- All-in-one iOS data recovery solution that can recover from any data loss scenarios including software update, accidental deletion, and much more.
- Fix iPhone stuck/error/crash before data recovery.
Let's now learn how to use Ultfone iOS Data Recovery to get back deleted call logs on iPhone without backup:
Step 1 After getting Ultfone iOS Data Recovery software, run it, and connect your iPhone to the computer with the help of a digital cable. From the main interface, you can select the "Recover Data from iOS device" feature.
Step 2 Once the software detects the device, select the target file types you like to recover, click on "Start Scan" and let the software scans your device.
Step 3 Upon a successful scan, preview the data and select the deleted call history. Click Recover to recover your call history to computer.
Part 3: How to Retrieve Deleted Call History On iPhone from iTunes Backup
If you have created an iTunes backup beforehand, then you can retrieve deleted call logs by simply restoring the device from iTunes backup.
Method 1: Restore From iTunes Backup Via iTunes
The first way to retrieve deleted call log on iPhone from iTunes backup is through the assistance of iTunes itself. Just follow the below steps to learn how to do so:
- Step 1: Launch iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
Step 2: Let iTunes detects the device. Once it detects, tap on your device icon and the move to the "Backups" section. Here, click on the "Restore backup".
- Step 3: Look at each backup's date and select the most relevant. Click "Restore" and let the restore to complete.
- Restore all data including call history to iPhone.
- Your device data will be replaced with iTunes backup files.
- You can't preview data in the iTunes backup file.
- Unexpected iTunes restore error can occur.
Method 2: Recover Data From iTunes Backup Using Ultfone iOS Data Recovery
The above restore method brings some downsides. As you can see that it restores the whole backup in order to help you get back your deleted call logs. Moreover, it erases the devices in order to restore a backup on your iPhone. Isn't it inconvenient? No worries! There is another way out you can opt and it is simply using UltFone iOS Data Recovery. As mentioned above also, this tool can even help you recover deleted call logs whether you have a backup or not.
Ultfone iOS Data Recovery comes with a feature - recover data from iTunes backup you can use to recover deleted calls logs from iTunes backup without erasing the device. Moreover, you can preview the data before recovery. Doen't it sounds great? If so, then let's learn how to get the job done:
- Step 1: Run Ultfone iOS Data Recovery and connect your device to the computer. From the main interface, select the "Recover from iTunes backup file".
Step 2: Select your desired backup file and hit on "Start Scan".
- Step 3: After the scan, you can preview the data and select your desired data. Finally, hit on "Recover" button and specify the location where you would like to save recovered data on your system.
Part 4: How To Retrieve Deleted Call Log On iPhone From iCloud Backup
If you've created an iCloud backup and it includes the deleted calls logs, then you can retrieve them by simply restoring from iCloud backup.
To restore from iCloud backup, follow the below steps:
- Step 1: First, erase your device by going to "Settings">"General">"Reset">"Erase All Content and Settings".
Step 2: Now, set up your device and follow the on-screen instructions until you get to "Apps & Data Screen". Here, click on "Restore from iCloud backup".
- Step 3: Login to iCloud using your Apple ID, and select the target backup file to restore.
Part 5. FAQ About iPhone Call History Recovery
1. Does iPhone delete call history automatically?
Yes, the iPhone deletes call history automatically. iDevices adopts the iOS system that can only store 100 records of call history. So, if new call history is generated, then the old records will be overwritten automatically. Both the outgoing and incoming calls are compromised in 100 call records. If your iPhone is often used for making calls, then the iPhone will erase call history automatically when the call logs stored on the iPhone are more than 100.
2. Why Did My Recent Calls Disappear On My iPhone?
There could be several reasons behind that - updating to the new iOS version, improper backup from iTunes or iCloud or iPhone settings. From iPhone settings, we mean to check your device settings are accurate and correct. Check your available storage space, time zone, and network connection.
3. What Are The Advantages Of Using Ultfone iOS Data Recovery To Recover Call History?
There are numerous advantages of using the Ultfone iOS Data Recovery for recovering deleted or lost data, which include:
- You can perform selective recovery
- Preview before recovery
- It won't erase your device to recover the data.
The Bottom Line
So, how to retrieve deleted call log on iPhone is easy and quick when you rely on solutions like UltFone iOS Data Recovery. Whether you have backup beforehand or not, the software helps you retrieve deleted or lost data after an update or any data loss scenario in a few clicks. Try it and get your important data deleted in no time.