5 Proven Ways to Recover Deleted Photos from Snapchat on iPhone
- Jerry Cook
- Updated on 2021-12-01 to  iPhone Data
Snapchat is undoubtedly one of the most popular social media app that allows users to send snaps to their friend circle and build streaks. The unique thing about Snapchat is that the snaps (photos or videos) shared with the other person automatically get deleted from the server as well as the recipient’s device as soon as he opens them. And, in case someone doesn’t see these snaps for 30 days straight, the server again removes them from everywhere.
But, what if you want to recover Snapchat photos on your iPhone? In today’s article, we’ll walk you through a few of recovery solutions and explain how to recover deleted photos from Snapchat on iPhone in case they are already deleted.
- Way 1: Recover Recently Deleted Photos from Snapchat on iPhone
- Way 2: Recover Snapchat Pictures on iPhone using iTunes Backup
- Way 3: Recover Snapchat Pictures on iPhone without Computer via iCloud Backup
- Way 4: Best Snapchat Data Recovery Tool-Recover Deleted Snapchat Photos with/without Backup
- Way 5: Recover Snapchat Photos on iPhone from Temp Folder
- FAQs about Snapchat Photo Recovery
Way 1: Recover Recently Deleted Photos from Snapchat on iPhone
The easiest way to recover deleted Snapchat memories on iPhone is to use the “Recently Deleted” folder in the “Photos” app. This is a dedicated space that’s designed to store deleted photos for up to 30 days. However, this method will only work if you had downloaded the Snapchat photos on your device and they were deleted manually. In other cases, you won’t see deleted Snapchat photos inside the “Recently Deleted” folder.
- Step 1: Open the “Photos” app on your iPhone and go to “Albums”.
Step 2: Click on the “Recently Deleted” tab and then, look for the photos that you want to recover. Finally, tap the “Recover” button to restore them on your device.
Way 2: Recover Snapchat Pictures on iPhone using iTunes Backup
If you are someone who frequently backs up their data to iTunes, it’ll be quite convenient to recover deleted photos from Snapchat on iPhone. However, there’s one downside of restoring data from the iTunes backup, i.e., it’ll erase all the existing files on your device. So, only proceed with this solution if you are willing to lose a few current files.
- Step 1: First of all, connect your iPhone to the PC and launch the latest version of iTunes.
- Step 2: Once the iPhone gets detected, tap its icon on the left side panel and click the “Summary” tab.
- Step 3: Then, click the “Restore Backup” option and select the backup file from which you want to restore the deleted Snapchat photos.
Step 4: Finally, tap the “Restore” button to complete the process and wait for iTunes to restore the selected backup on your device.
Way 3: Recover Snapchat Pictures on iPhone without Computer via iCloud Backup
Like iTunes, you can also use the iCloud backup to recover Snapchat pictures on iPhone. Since the majority of iPhone users have configured their iDevices to automatically back up data to the iCloud, it’s safe to say that this will be another convenient way to get back deleted Snapchat pictures. But, again, if you choose to recover pictures from an iCloud backup, you’ll end up losing all the existing data on the device.
Here’s how to recover Snapchat pictures on iPhone without computer using the iCloud backup.
Step 1: First of all, go to “Settings”, click on “General” and select “Reset”. In the “Reset” window, click on “Erase All Content & Settings”.
- Step 2: Enter the iCloud credentials and again click “Erase All Content and Settings” to factory reset your device.
Step 3: At this point, your iPhone will restart automatically and prompt you to the “App and Data” screen. Click the “Restore from iCloud Backup” option and select the iCloud backup file.
- Step 4: Wait for the device to automatically restore data from the backup. Once the process completes, you’ll be able to access all your Snapchat photos easily.
Way 4: Best Snapchat Data Recovery Tool-Recover Deleted Snapchat Photos with/without Backup
Now, all the three solutions we have discussed so far have unexpected hurdles of their own. For instance, if you try to recover data from iCloud/iTunes backup, there’s a huge probability you’ll end up losing the recent files on your device. So, if you want to avoid this scenario and recover files without having to deal with new data loss, we recommend using UltFone iOS Data Recovery.
It’s a professional data recovery solution that’s designed to recover deleted files on any iOS device. The tool supports 35+ different file formats, which means you can use it to recover almost everything including deleted Snapchat photos. Here are some of the key features of UltFone iOS Data Recovery that make it the most suitable recovery option for recovering old Snapchats on iPhone.
- Recover data from any iPad/iPhone with or without backup.
- Support 35+ different file formats.
- Recover data from any iPhone/iPad, even if it’s unresponsive.
- Compatible with the latest iOS 15 and the iPhone 13 lineup.
- Support different messengers data recovery such as Whatsapp, Kik, Line, etc.
Now, let’s move on how to recover permanently deleted photos from Snapchat using UltFone iOS Data recovery.
Step 1Install and launch the tool on your system and select “Recover Data from iOS Devices” on its home screen.
Step 2Now, connect your device to the computer and wait for it to get recognized.
Step 3At this point, you’ll have to select the files that you want to restore. Since you want to restore photos only, select the “Photos” option and click “Scan”.
- Step 4UltFone iOS Data Recovery will start scanning your device for deleted files and display them on the screen.
Step 5Once the scanning process completes, browse through the results and select the Snapchat pictures that you want to get back. Finally, click “Recover to PC” at the bottom-right corner to complete the process.
Way 5: Recover Snapchat Photos on iPhone from Temp Folder
Another way to see deleted snaps is to use the Temp Folder. In this situation, all you’ll need is a third-party file manager such as iExplorer or iManager. So, install either one of these tools on your system and follow these steps to recover the Snapchat photos on your iPhone.
- Step 1: Connect your iDevice to the computer and launch the file manager you’ve just downloaded.
- Step 2: You’ll see a list of different Snapchat folders on your screen. Click on the “Snapchat” folder and then tap “Temp”.
- Step 3: Here you’ll see a list of all the photos shared within Snapchat. Simply click the pictures that you want to restore and then, restore them on your computer instantly.
FAQs about Snapchat Photo Recovery
1. Can Snapchat snaps be recovered?
The answer is Yes! Snapchat data recovery is possible, regardless of what you may have heard in the past. However, this is only possible in a few selected situations. For instance, if you can screenshot the snap as soon as you open it. This way even when it gets deleted from the Snapchat history, you’ll still be able to access it. Similarly, you can also restore Snapchat snaps by saving them and Snapchat memories. As compared to normal snaps, Snapchat memories aren’t deleted after a selected time period.
2. How to recover deleted Snapchat memories on iPhone?
You can recover deleted Snapchat memories from the “Memories Backup” - a dedicated backup that Snapchat automatically creates on all iDevices. To do this, open “Snapchat” on your iPhone and click “Settings”. Inside the “Settings” menu, click “Memories” and check if “Backup Progress” is completed or not.
So, that concludes our guide on how to recover deleted photos from Snapchat on iPhone using different solutions. Even though all these solutions can help you recover the lost Snapchat photos, we recommend using a snapchat photo recovery tool i.e. UltFone iOS Data Recovery due to its high recovery rate and zero chances of new data loss.