Top 5 Solutions to Fix iPhone Can’t Make or Receive Calls Error After Updating to iOS 17
After updating to iOS 17, iPhone immediately shows "call failed" without any ringing when I make phone calls. When others call my number, they report that my phone is "disconnected". What is wrong? How can I fix this?
Why is My phone Not Allowing Me to Make Calls iPhone?
Actually, iPhone not making calls issues are frequently related to signal, network settings, and SIM card.
In order to make sure that your iPhone can receive signals, you should avoid making or answering calls in places such as elevators and stairwells. Especially after updating your iPhone to iOS 17 version, certain of your personalized iPhone settings may be altered, rendering the relevant iPhone functions inoperable. A locked iPhone frequently experiences SIM card difficulties.
How Do I Fix My iPhone If It Won't Make or Receive Calls?
Try to make a call and iPhone is totally mute, especially happens after updating to a new iOS version. This is one of the things that I hate most. A number of variables could be at work, if your iPhone won’t make or receive calls. Generally, the reasons can be sorted into 5 categories. Read on to find fixes for each causes.
- 1. iPhone Settings
- 2. Software Update
- 3. SIM Card Error
- 4. Network Problem
- 5. iPhone Operating System Issue
1. iPhone Settings
Checking iPhone settings is the first thing I would do if my iPhone won’t make or receive calls. Certain features like Airplane Mode and No Not Disturb mode silent calls, alerts and notifications when the device is locked. Go through the following guide to see if these settings prevent you from making or receive calls.
- 1). Go to Settings and turn on Airplane Mode, in about 10 seconds, turn off airplane mode.
- 2). Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb.
- 3). Check to see if there’s any blocked numbers by going to Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Identification.
- 4). Make sure Call Forwarding is turned on. Go to Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding.
2. Software Update
It’s possible that the outdated carrier version and iOS that accounts for “iPhone won’t make or receive calls” issue. Make sure you have internet or Wi-Fi connection when doing the following update.
- 1). Update carrier settings: Navigate to Settings-> General-> About-> and then view the information next to Carrier.You’ll see the option to update your carrier settings if yours is not the newest.
- 2). Update to the latest iOS: Go to Settings-> General -> Software Update-> Download and Install on your iPhone. Or connect your device to your computer and update through iTunes by going to Summary->Check for Update->Download and Update.
3. SIM Card Error
Remove SIM card from your iPhone, reposition it and put it back to iPhone. If repositioning won’t work, try to get a new SIM card from your carrier. You can also look for this guide to fix SIM card not detected after iOS 17 Update
4. Network Problem (including Outrage)
If you find your iPhone, for example, iPhone 14 won’t make or receive calls after update, make sure it is not a billing-related block, and your calls don't have errors on the carrier system. Maybe there’s an outrage in your areaor you have a weak cellular signal.To confirm, you should see if other people in your area have the same problems and make calls in another location. If iPhone is not able to make or receive calls after all these, you can move forward with the following attempts.
Reset network settings: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will erase your iPhone settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, preferred networks, and VPN settings.
Switch to a different network band: Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE and turn off Enable LTE, 4G, or 3G (this option will depend on your carrier and device model).
5. iPhone Operating System Issue
If you’ve tried all the above solutions, still call failed on iPhone, there’s a great chance that iPhone is suffering from some operating system issues. To dealing with such tricky problems, it’s better to get help from the professional UltFone iOS System Repair. This tool could download firmware (baseband code, and the Boot ROM) and then repair iOS system without causing data loss.
- Repair more than 150 iOS system issues including you can't make or receive calls on iphone, the reboot loop, ios 17 not showing up, stuck on Apple logo, and blank screen without losing data.
- Single Click to enter and exit recovery mode on iPhone/iPad/iPod.
- Reset iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch even if you don't have password/iTunes/Finder
- Downgrade from iOS 17 without iTunes.
- Support all iOS versions and iPhone models, including the latest iPhone 15 series and iOS 17.
Video Guide to See How to Fix iPhone Won't Make or Receive Calls
Let's see how to solve iOS 17 can't make or receive calls on iPhone using UltFone iOS System Repair step-by-step.
- Step 1Download and launch UltFone iOS System Repair on your PC or Mac. Then, connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch to the computer. Click "Start" to enter the iOS system repair module.
- Step 2On the following screen, click "Standard Repair" to proceed.
- Step 3Before performing the system repair, click the "Download" button to download the firmware package that is automatically matched with your device.
- Step 4Once the firmware package is downloaded successfully, click "Start Standard Repair" to fix the iOS issues on your device.
- Step 5After the iOS system recovery, your device will automatically reboot, and your iOS 17 can make or receive calls normally as before.
If you are having trouble with "why can't i receive calls on my iphone" issue, the above tips should help you get it working again. It is recommended to use UltFone iOS System Repair to fix all iOS 17 issues, including iPhone can not make or receive calls. It is a user-friendly tool and can quickly and effectively get out of iOS 17 problem. Try and experience the new version right now!