iMessage is one of the most popular instant messaging services provided by Apple for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac. Unlike other SMS/MMS services, users can send texts, videos, audio, photos over Wi-Fi or cellular data network to iOS devices for free.
Nowadays, deleting iMessages accidentally is the common data loss situation that many users face. If you're facing the same situation and want to know how to recover deleted iMessages on iPhone, then you're on the right place. In this guide, we have provided top 3 methods you can try to get back deleted iMessages on iPhone.
Part 1: Can I Recover Deleted iMessages on iPhone
If you're wondering "can you recover deleted iMessages on iPhone", then the simple answer to the question is YES. Users who regularly back up their iPhone to iTunes can easily restore their deleted iMessages from iTunes backup. Moreover, if you've activated iCloud backup option on your iPhone before you lost the messages, then you can get back the messages from iCloud backup file.
If you don't have any backup, then there is no need to worry as you can still retrieve your deleted iMessages using the iOS data recovery software. When you delete messages by mistake on your iPhone, messages aren't permanently deleted. They become invisible to you and that's why it seems like you've lost them forever. But, the good news is that iOS data recovery software can scan your device to look for those deleted messages and helps you in recovering them.
Part 2: 3 Methods to Recover Deleted iMessages on iPhone
Here, we are going to mention all possible methods that can help you to recover deleted iMessages from iPhone. Let's start rescuing your important deleted messages.
- Method 1: How to Recover Deleted iMessages on iPhone Without Backup
- Method 2: Retrieving Deleted iMessages from iPhone from iTunes Backup File
- Method 3: Retrieving Deleted iMessages on iPhone from iCloud Backup File
Method 1: How to Recover Deleted iMessages on iPhone Without Backup
UltFone iOS Data Recovery software can help you to directly recover iMessages on iPhone without backup. In fact, it is a powerful way to retrieve lost data from iPhone and other iOS devices too. Besides iMessages, you can also recover deleted photos, WhatsApp, messages, etc. It is an all-in-one data recovery tool that can restore data in various data loss scenarios, which include accidental deletion, virus attack, etc.
No matter how you lost your iMessages, just download UltFone iOS Data Recovery software and follow the below steps to learn how to recover deleted iMessages on iPhone without backup.
Step 1 Run the software on your computer, and connect the target iPhone to the computer. Once the software detects your device, you need to select "Recover Data from iOS device" option.
Step 2 After that, select the file types you want to recover and next, click on the "Start Scan" button to scan the device to look for the deleted iMessages.
Step 3 In a while, you will get the scanned results on the software interface. Here, you can preview the recoverable data and select desired one you would like to recover. Finally, click "Recover" button to get them back.
You can either choose to save recoverable data on your computer or to your device. That's how you can recover deleted iMessages on iPhone X without backup.
Method 2: Retrieving Deleted iMessages from iPhone from iTunes Backup File
Those who regularly back up their iPhone to iTunes can use the following two ways to recover deleted iMessages from the device.
Option 1. Recover iMessages from iTunes backup
You can use the iTunes feature called "Restore Backup" to get back your deleted iMessages. Keep in mind that this way only works when you have a backup before the deleting iMessages. And restoring iMessages will also restore other data in this backup to your iPhone.
- 1. Run iTunes on your computer and then, plug your device into the computer using a digital cable.
2. Once iTunes detects the device, click on the device icon and choose the "Summary" tab. Here, click on the "Restore Backup" option.
- 3. Now, choose the desired iTunes backup file from which you want to recover deleted iMessages and hit "Restore" button.
Option 2. Restore Only iMessages from Backup
UltFone iOS Data Recovery also has "Recover from iTunes backup file" feature you can use to get back messages from iTunes backup file. The advantages over iTunes of this method is that you can access iTunes backup and select what you want to recover. This means you can recover data without replacing current data in your iPhone.
Here's how the software can help you in retrieving deleted iMessages on iPhone from iTunes backup file.
- 1. Run UltFone iOS Data Recovery and connect the device to your system. And choose "Recover data from iTunes backup file".
2. Now, you will get to see all the backup files present on your computer. Next, choose the desired backup file and click on "Start Scan" button.
3. In a while, the software will show all the data including iMessages backed by iTunes. You can select your desired messages and hit the "Recover" button to get them back.
Method 3: Retrieving Deleted iMessages on iPhone from iCloud Backup File
Users who have activated iCloud backup feature on their iPhone can use following methods to recover deleted iMessages from iCloud backup file.
Option 1. Recover iMessages from iCloud backup
Here's how you can get back your deleted iMessages from iCloud backup.
1. Open "Settings">" General">" Reset">" Erase All Content and Settings".
- 2. Once the devices gets erases, you can set up the device as new. When you arrive in the "App & Data" screen, just click "Restore from iCloud backup" option.
3. Now, you need to log-in to your iCloud account to select the backup file from which you want to get back your deleted messages.
Option 2. Restore Just iMessages from iCloud Smartly
Besides recovering data from the iOS device and iTunes backup file, UltFone iOS Data Recovery can also help you restore deleted iMessages from iCloud backup file. This program does not require you to erase all contents in your device. It will download iCloud backup and allow you to restore just iMessages from iCloud.
Here's how to recover iMessages on iPhone 8 from iCloud backup file using the software.
1. Launch the UltFone iOS Data Recovery and connect the device to the computer. Then, choose "Recover data from iCloud backup file" from the menu. Next, you need to sign-in to your iCloud account with your Apple ID and password.
2. After the successful log-in, the software will show you all iCloud backup files. So, choose the desired backup file and tap "Next" to continue.
3. Now, you need to specify the file type you want to recover from the selected backup file and again hit on the "Next" button.
- 4. In a while, you can preview and select the desired data from iCloud. Finally, hit the "Recover" button to get them back from iCloud backup.
As you can now see that recover deleted iMessages on iPhone 8/X/7/6s is no more difficult. Whether you have backup or not, there is still a possibility of recovering deleted data from iPhone. All thanks go to the iOS data recovery programs like UltFone iOS Data Recovery. It's time to give a try to the software and start recovering important iMessages you lost somehow from the iPhone.