Top 3 Ways to Delete iCloud Photos
Believe it or not, there is a point of time when you would want to get your photos from iCloud deleted in order to free up space. Not to mention, iCloud only offers 5GB of free storage and to have more storage, one must purchase it. Many iOS users don’t want to purchase more and so the option left is to delete iCoud photos. Are you also wondering the same? If yes, read this article. In today’s article, we will discuss about how to delete photos from iCloud storage.
Let’s move further without much ado!
- Part 1: How to Delete iCloud Photos on Both iCloud and iPhone
- Part 2. How to Delete Photos from iCloud but Not iPhone
- Part 3. How to Delete All Photos from iCloud
- Pro Tip: How to Extract Photos from iCloud Backup without Overwriting
Part 1: How to Delete iCloud Photos on Both iCloud and iPhone
To begin with, we will understand how you can delete photos from iCloud and iPhone both. Whether it is to create some space or simply remove the mess by deleting unnecessary images, you can follow this method to serve any purpose:
- Step 1: Open the “Photos” app and choose the photo you wish to delete.
Step 2: For single image deletion, you need to long tap the image until the pop-up appears. Tap on “Delete”.
Step 3: If you want to delete multiple photos, go to the “Select” option. Now, tap the photos you want to delete. After selecting the photos, hit on the Trash icon to delete them.
The photos will now remove from iCloud and iPhone.
Part 2: How to Delete Photos from iCloud but Not iPhone
It’s worth noting that if you follow the above method, the photos from both (iCloud and iPhone) will get deleted. However, not everyone wants to do it. A lot of times, users wish to delete photos from iCloud but not iPhone because their motive is just to manage iCloud storage. If you are also one of those, then reading this section will not make you regret. Follow the steps mentioned below to learn how to delete photos from iCloud storage only.
- Step 1: Head to the “Settings” and tap your name.
- Step 2: Go to “iCloud” followed by “Photos”.
Step 3: You will see “iCloud Photos” option. Turn it off.
When you do this, the photos from iCloud will be deleted but not from iPhone.
Part 3: How to Delete All Photos from iCloud
Another way to delete photos from iCloud storage is to take help of disable and delete feature in your iDevice. This method will be helpful if you wish to delete iCloud photos all at once. Read more on how to delete iCloud photos using this way.
If you are doing it on iPhone, these are the steps:
- Step 1: Open “Settings” in your iPhone and head to your name.
- Step 2: Choose “iCloud” and go to “Manage Storage”.
Step 3: For single image deletion, you need to long tap the image until the pop-up appears. Tap on “Delete”.
- Step 4: Confirm the process when the pop-up comes.
If you want to use Mac to delete iCloud photos, these are the steps to be followed:
- Step 1: Head to “System Preferences” and then “iCloud”.
- Step 2: Click on “Manage” and then “iCloud Photos”. Choose “Disable & Delete”. Now, all the photos and videos from iCloud will be deleted. In case you want to get any of the photo or video back, you will have 30 days of period for doing the same.
Pro Tip: How to Retrieve Accidentally Deleted Photos from iCloud
Now that you know all about how to delete iCloud photos, it’s reasonable to bring the topic forward and learn about how to retrieve iCloud photos if you accidentally deleted them. Many times users face accidental deletion of photos and wish to get them back. However they don’t know much about the solution and start getting panic. If you come under the same situation, we recommend you to use UltFone iOS Data Recovery. It’s quick recovery process eases the burden to much extent and assists people in recovering data without overwriting.
The features that make it a valid choice are:
- Easy data recovery from iOS device with or without backup.
- Helps fixing iOS problems (if any) before recovery.
- Full compatibility to latest iOS versions.
- Over 35 types of data can be recovered easily.
- Extract data from iCloud and iTunes bakcup without overwriting.
Here are the steps to retrieve photos from iCloud using UltFone iOS Data Recovery:
Step 1 Download and install UltFone iOS Data Recovery. Launch the tool now and choose “Recover Data from iCloud” option given on the main interface.
Step 2Now, type in the iCloud credentials to login to your iCloud account.
Step 3Choose the files that you wish to recover now. Once done, hit on “Download” button.
Step 4You can now preview the photos that you have just selected. Now, decide what photos you want and then tick them. Hit on “Recover to PC” and the photos will be recovered.
Let’s now wrap up the discussion on how do I delete photos from iCloud. Hope you got all the answers now. If you follow the steps carefully, you will be able to delete iCloud photos easily. Or if you want to delete photos from iCloud but not iPhone, you can go through the dedicated section for it too. In case you feel like you want a photo or multiple photos back from iCloud backup, you can easily and flexibly get this done by UltFone iOS Data Recovery.