How to Sync iPhone Over Wi-Fi without Cable
Apple Inc. has made it easier for the users to sync their iPhone with the computer using a Wi-Fi connection. There are several problems users have to face while syncing their devices with the computer using a cable. Fortunately, when you can sync iPhone over Wi-Fi without cable, things get easier. By using the same account in your iDevices, you can sync them all with the computer that is authorized and linked to the same Apple account.
In this guide, we will describe the process of how to sync the iPhone over Wi-Fi without cable by breaking down every step for you in detail. Just take a look at this guide, and you'll know what to do precisely.
Part 1. Before You Start Syncing iPhone Wirelessly
Before we begin the syncing process, there are some things that you must know. Wireless syncing must be done when your device fulfills the prerequisites mentioned here. After learning about the requirements, we will move ahead to learn how to sync iPhone with iTunes over Wi-Fi without cable.
The minimum requirements include:
- Whether you are using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod, it must be running on iOS 5 or higher version. Making sure that you have the latest version of iOS installed on your device guarantees a seamless process.
- The iTunes version installed on your computer must have 10.6 or a higher version for wireless syncing.
- Before starting the process, ensure that your iDevice and computer on which iTunes is installed are connected to the same network.
Once you have everything you need, we can move on to the next section.
Part 2. Steps of How to Sync iPhone Over Wi-Fi iOS 14/13
Before you throw the cable away, we must tell you that you will need it to change the sync settings. As the default sync option is set to wire connection, to go wireless, you will have to connect your device using a cable. Here's what you need to do:
1. Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone with the computer using a lightning cable. Select the iPhone and go to the Summary tab.
2. In the Options tab, you will see the option "Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi." Check the box and click on the "Apply" button to save the changes.
Then eject the iPhone carefully by clicking on the Up Arrow icon next to your iPhone name. After that, you can unplug your iPhone with the computer. As soon as the Wi-Fi Sync feature is enabled, you can follow the steps on how to sync iPhone over Wi-Fi without using a cable.
- 1. Connect both the system and the iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network. If the devices are connected to a different network, then the sync feature won't work.
2. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone and open General Settings. Scroll down and look for the "iTunes Wi-Fi Sync" option. As you click on the Sync option, the list of computers that you can sync your iPhone with will be displayed on the screen.
- 3. On the same screen, you will also see a "Sync Now" option. Tap on it, and the process will be initiated.
A progress bar will appear on the screen that will mark the progress. When the sync is finished, a message will be displayed, and you'll know that the devices are synced with iTunes.
Part 3. Troubleshoot iPhone Won't Sync Over Wi-Fi
You have to understand that syncing iPhone with iTunes over Wi-Fi is a slightly slow process. You can't hurry up the sync, but the good thing about Wi-Fi sync is when your computer and your iPhone is on the same network, it will automatically get synced. Even though it is easy to learn how to sync iPhone Wi-Fi without cable, still users run into some common problems. So, here are some troubleshooting methods that can help you resolve such issues.
Restart your iPhone
The simplest way to fix the syncing issue is to restart your iPhone.
Restart your iPhone X or 11
Press and hold the Power button and either Volume up button or Volume down button until the slider appears on the screen. Drag the slider to the right, and your iPhone will turn off.
Restart your iPhone 8/7/6
Long Press the Power button until the Power off siders appears. Drag the silder and wait it to turn off.
Restart your iPhone SE/5 or earlier
Press the Top button until the Power off sider appears. Drad this slider to make it turn off.
Confirm that both computer and iPhone are in the same Wi-Fi network
Sometimes, during sync, we forget to turn on Wi-Fi on the computer and iPhone. So, before you decide that there is a problem with the process or feature, check and confirm that both the computer and iPhone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Check your Firewall
Sometimes, the system firewall settings interrupt the Wi-Fi sync with iPhone thinking that it might be harmful. So, you can change the firewall settings so that it will allow connections on TCP ports 123 & 3689 and UDP ports 123 & 5353.
In case the Wi-Fi is having some issues, consider using UltFone iOS System Repair tool to fix the software issue instantly. And you'll be able to sync your device with iTunes over Wi-Fi once again.
Use iTunes alternative tool to sync iPhone
iTunes is complicated and can easily get errors or problems when syncing iPhone. You can also use iTunes alternative tool to sync iPhone, like iOS Data Manager. This iOS transfer tool can transfer data between iPhone and computer in a more flexible way.
The main functions that you can use to replace iTunes are:
- Transfer music, playlist, movies, ringtones, and other media data to iTunes.
- Transfer iTunes media to iPhone by one click.
- Transfer files from iPhone to computer, and vice versa.
Backup iPhone data and restore selectively to your iPhone.
In this guide, we briefly explained the process to sync the iPhone with Mac over Wi-Fi without cable. Nowadays, users have a better option than iTunes to manage their device data such as UltFone iOS Data Manager. If you think that iTunes makes it complicated to protect your device data, then you can use this tool for data management, backup, restore, and file transfer.