5 Ways to Take A Screenshot on iPhone without Home Button
- Jerry Cook
- Updated on 2022-05-05 to  iPhone
Taking screenshots is most important for everyone. A screenshot helps you capture anything you see on your device screen. They act as proof, and also they help to archive past happenings. What if you cannot screenshot due to an issue with the home button in your iPhone? So here in this article, we will discuss how you screenshot on an iPhone without a home button in 5 different and accessible ways.
- Part 1: 5 Ways to Take A Screenshot on iPhone without Home Button
- Way 1: Take A Screenshot without Home Button via Siri
- Way 2: Take A Screenshot without Home Button Using AssistiveTouch
- Way 3: Using Back Tap to Take A Screenshot without Home Button
- Way 4: Using the Shortcuts App to Take A Screenshot without Home Button
- All-round Way: Using UltFone [More than Taking Screenshot without Home Button]
- Part 2: FAQs about Taking Screenshots on iPhone
Part 1: 5 Ways to Take A Screenshot on iPhone without Home Button
Way 1: Take A Screenshot without Home Button via Siri
As we all know, Siri, powered by artificial intelligence, is Apple's assistant. It uses voice recognition, and people can use it in any language. Also, it comes with some other good features, such as navigating directions, scheduling events, and reminders, and now we will learn how Siri helps us take a screenshot without using the home button. Its interface in iOS 15 made it possible to take hand-free screenshots. Now let us discuss the steps that how to screenshot on iPhone without the home button:
- Step 1: At first, make sure the Siri feature is enabled.
- Step 2: Begin by saying, “Hey Siri" to the voice assistant.
- Step 3: Ask her to take a screenshot, and it will take a screenshot instantly, so there is no need for the home button.
iOS 15 has built many other options to take a screenshot without using the home button.
Way 2: Take A Screenshot without Home Button Using AssistiveTouch
People frequently face many issues with a broken home button, so the question may arise: Can I screenshot if my home button is broken? Here is the answer: the only possible way to take a screenshot without using the home button is by using the "Assistive touch". Also, there are many other ways, but they are way too complicated for daily use. The "Assistive touch" feature can be enabled regardless of the age of your device.
Now let's take a look at how to activate the Assistive touch by the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Open your phone and go to the “Settings” option.
- Step 2: Tap on the "Accessibility" option.
- Step 3: Go to the "Touch" option, and there you will see the AssistiveTouch option.
- Step 4: Go to the "Touch" option, and there you will see the AssistiveTouch option. Tap on the “AssistiveTouch “option.
Step 5: You will notice a toggle button at the top. Tap on the button to activate the feature.
After activating the AssistiveTouch option, let's learn how to take a screenshot using AssistiveTouch by following some easy steps such:
- Step 1: At first, tap on the little circular dots.
- Step 2: Select the “Device” option from the menu.
- Step 3: After selecting the device option, tap on the "More".
Step 4: Finally, you will see the "Screenshot" option. Tap on it to take a screenshot. Remember the Assistive touch menu, and the little dots won't be visible, so there is no need to worry.
Way 3: Using Back Tap to Take A Screenshot without Home Button
After the launch of iOS 14, Apple introduced "Back Tap", which is a new accessibility feature. This feature allows you to perform the set action by double-tapping the backside of your phone. Now the customers may doubt if this feature works perfectly or not. This feature works undoubtedly well, and it can still work even if you are using a case.
This feature was introduced after the launch of iOS 14, so if you are using the iPhone 8 series or the later and latest versions of the iPhone, then you can use the "Back Tap" method by following the steps given below:
- Step 1: Open the settings of your phone and select the accessibility option.
- Step 2: Tap on the “Touch” option.
Step 3: Select the “Back Tap” option from the bottom.
Step 4: Then choose “Double Tap” or “Triple Tap” of your choice and then select “Screenshot”.
Just check and confirm the process by taking a screenshot by double or triple tapping the backside of your phone.
Way 4: Using the Shortcuts App to Take A Screenshot without Home Button
Some shortcut apps let you perform various tasks with single or few taps on iPhone, iPad, and even it's available on Mac now. Here, you will get to know, how to build an easy and simple shortcut that will help you to take a screenshot immediately.
- Step 1: First, make sure you are in the My Shortcuts tab after opening the Shortcuts app.
Step 2: Tap the plus icon (+) in the top right corner, selecting the “Add Action” option.
- Step 3: Go to the search bar and type "Take Screenshot", and tap on it from the search results as it appears.
- Step 4: Then tap on the sharing button, and go with the regular share option.
- Step 5: After that, the iOS share sheet opens up from where you can choose any app of your choice.
- Step 6: Then tap on the next, give a shortcut name, and finally tap on done. Now the shortcut is ready, and you can ask Siri to run the shortcut name.
Now also, you can set the shortcut as assistive touch by the following steps:
- Step 1: Go to your phone settings and search for accessibility and select it.
- Step 2: Click on the “Touch” option.
- Step 3: Then select the "AssistiveTouch", and from the bottom, tap on the shortcut name.
You can also set this shortcut as Back Tap by the following steps:
- Step 1: Again go to your phone settings and select accessibility.
- Step 2: Tap on the “Touch” option and then select Back tap.
- Step 3: You can tap either on Double Tap or Triple Tap or after tap on the shortcut name from the bottom.
All-round Way: Using UltFone [More than Taking Screenshot without Home Button]
We all know how important and useful it is to have a secure and fast multitasking app on our devices, so here I have found the best companion for our iOS devices, the "UltFone iOS Data Manager", which is an all-in-one file manager that helps you to backup & restores, transfer and manage all the data on your iOS devices.
The UltFone iOS Data Manager tool provides us with great features such as:
- Take a screenshot without home button
- One click to export/import/delete/add photos
- Convert HEIC to JPG at one time [1,000 Photos max]
- Backup/transfer/restore iOS data without using iTunes
- Run a diagnostic test to know whether your phone is assembled or not
This app is a multitasking app, so it comes with an awesome feature of taking a screenshot without using the home button. Let's have a look at how to take a screenshot using the UltFone app by following some simple steps:
Step 1 At first, launch the tool on your computer and connect your iPhone to your PC with the help of a data wire.
Step 2 Tap on the “More Tools” option appearing on the left sidebar. Then select the "Real-Time Screen" tool, after which the UltFone will begin to load the plugin.
Step 3 As soon as loading the plugin is finished, your iPhone screen will appear, and then you can click on any app and take a screenshot.
Note: It also allows you to save the screenshots according to your choice of location simply by clicking the “Change” button and tap the “Open” button to check your Screenshots.
You can also rotate your screen and take a screenshot.
Part 2: FAQs about Taking Screenshots on iPhone
1. How to Take A Scrolling Screenshot on iPhone?
Apps like Safari and Notes, which are inbuilt Apple apps, allow you to take scrolling screenshot and save them as PDFs. It captures everything on the webpage, and when the app shows a separate tab called "Full Page", you can take scrolling screenshots.
2. How to Take A Screenshot on iPhone? [For iPhone with/without Home Button]
Taking a screenshot on iPhone depends on what kind of iPhone you are using.
If you are using an iPhone with a home button, then the steps are mentioned below:
- Step 1: Before taking a screenshot, make sure the screen displayed shows the page you want to screenshot.
- Step 2: After that, press the power button on the right side of your phone and the home button simultaneously.
And if you are using the latest version of iPhones without a home button, then:
- Step 1: Make sure the screen is displaying whatever you want to screenshot.
- Step 2: Press the power button on the right side and the volume up button simultaneously.
This article discussed 5 easy ways to take Screenshots on iPhone without the home button. The five ways discussed above in the article are taking a screenshot using Siri, where we discussed how to enable the Siri feature and ask her to take a screenshot using a voice assistant. Taking a screenshot using AssistiveTouch and how to enable it, using the back tap method and how to make it work perfectly while taking a screenshot, using shortcuts app to take screenshots and at last, the UltFone, which also allows us to take a screenshot on iPhone with any iOS versions.