Ultimate Ways for iOS 17 Namedrop Not Working, Fix Now!
I have updated my iPhone 13 to iOS 17.0.1, but in air drop setting I can't see "bring devices together". NameDrop is not working on my phone, please help me.
It is one of the interesting things to know what's New in Apple's latest iOS 17. NameDrop is one of the stunning features in iOS 17 that makes the process of sharing contact details and other data quick. If you're facing a problem with NameDrop not working on your iPhone just after updating to iOS 17, you're not the only user feeling frustrated. In this detailed guide, we have listed several tested fixes that you can try to solve iOS 17 NameDrop not working.
- Part 1. What Is NameDrop in iOS 17
- Part 2. Why Is NameDrop Not Working in iOS 17
- Part 3. How Do You Make NameDrop Work in iOS 17
- Fix 1: Make Sure Your iOS Device And iOS Version Are Supported
- Fix 2: Make Sure Bluetooth, WiFi and AirDrop are Enabled for Everyone
- Fix 3: Reboot Your iPhone And Try Again
- Fix 4: Contact Apple Support For Further Analysis
- Bonus Tip: How to Share/Backup/Manage Your Contacts And Everything in iOS 17 [Quick & Easy]
Part 1. What is NameDrop in iOS 17
NameDrop is a new feature of AirDrop in iOS 17 that allows users to bring their iPhone closer to other iPhones and Apple Watches to share contacts. NameDrop is a powerful and efficient tool designed to simplify the process of sharing contacts between Apple devices. Plus, if you have two compatible iPhones nearby, you can share content, start SharePlay to play games, watch movies, and listen to songs.
Part 2. Why Is NameDrop Not Working in iOS 17
Due to some problems, this feature does not always function as expected. It's important to know the common issues that can occur and how to solve them before you can use NameDrop to seamlessly share your contact photos and posters. Here is the reason your NameDrop not working in iOS 17:
- Compatibility: The other phone may not use iOS 17, which is necessary for the NameDrop feature. So, both device compatibility is an important thing.
- Connectivity issues: Seamless transfer of contact information may not be possible because neither device has WiFi or Bluetooth enabled.
- Disable AirDrop: If AirDrop is disabled on either device, iOS 17 namedrop not working smoothly.
- Temporary Bugs: iOS bugs may affect the functionality of NameDrop. You should also consider it as a reason.
Part 3. How Do You Make NameDrop Work in iOS 17
Fix 1: Make Sure Your iOS Device And iOS Version Are Supported
Another important thing to make NameDrop work is to make sure that all devices are running the supported version. When it comes to NameDrop compatibility, don't worry too much. The iPhone requires iOS 17 or later, but the Apple Watch cannot transfer or receive contact information unless it is watchOS 10 or later.
iPhone models that support NameDrop:
- iPhone 14/mini / Pro/ Pro Max / Plus
- iPhone 13/mini / Pro/ Pro Max / Plus
- iPhone 12/mini / Pro/ Pro Max / Plus
- iPhone 11 Pro Max / 11 Pro
- iPhone XS Max/ XS/ XR
Apple Watch model for NameDrop:
- Apple Watch Series 4
- Apple Watch Series 5
- Apple Watch Series SE
- Apple Watch Series 6
- Apple Watch Series 7
- Apple Watch Series 8
- Apple Watch Series Ultra
Fix 2: Make Sure Bluetooth, WiFi, and AirDrop are Enabled for Everyone
Because NameDrop works with Bluetooth and WiFi connections, you must ensure both are enabled. To turn on Bluetooth and WiFi, open the iPhone and go to the control center. Tap both icons and if they are blue, they are turned on. Do the same on the other device when NameDrop does not share contacts in iOS 17
NameDrop is a new integrated feature of AirDrop that permits you to share files with friends. To do so, go to iPhone Settings > General > AirDrop and select the Everyone for 10 Minutes option. Do the same on the other device.
Fix 3: Reboot Your iPhone And Try Again
If you are still experiencing problems with iOS 17 Name Drop not working properly, the last resort may be to reboot your iPhone. Sometimes, the reboot works wonders to solve some miscellaneous problems. So, let's look at a simple but very effective troubleshooting.
Step 1: On iPhones with Face ID: Press and hold the side button and the volume up/down button simultaneously → drag the power off slider to turn off the device.
Step 2: On iPhones with Touch ID: Press the side button → Power off. Slide the slider to lock down the device.
Fix 4: Contact Apple Support For Further Analysis
For personalized assistance in resolving your iOS 17 Name Drop not working issue, you can also contact Apple Support . Their support team can provide tailored troubleshooting steps specific to your iPhone model and software version, effectively addressing the problem.
However, if your NameDrop problem is due to system or other issues that require sending your device to Apple for repair, please be aware that this may take some time. Before considering this option, we strongly recommend trying UltFone iOS Data Manager as an alternative solution to share your contacts and more. UltFone can provide a faster and more convenient way to manage your iOS data without NameDrop, saving you time and hassle.
Bonus Tip: How to Share/Backup/Manage Your Contacts and Everything in iOS 17 [Quick & Easy]
With the arrival of iOS 17, it becomes a priority to take control of contacts and safeguard our sensational data. But to simplify these tasks and ensure your iOS experience remains seamless, we present you with the most reliable tool, UltFone iOS Data Manager . This versatile tool is the best solution for managing, sharing, and securing your contacts on iOS 17. With its user-friendly features and powerful capabilities, it's designed to enhance your iOS experience in various ways.
Key Features of UltFone iOS Data Manager:
- One-click to back up everything, including contacts in iOS 17
- Share contacts and everything between iOS devices, the best alternative to NameDrop and iTunes
- Backup iOS 17, including contacts, then view/export/import/restore backup to computer or iPhone
- Automatically delete duplicate contacts or photos, etc.
- Enable iPhone Developer Mode in iOS 17 within 1 click
- More fantastic functions to manage your iOS devices, including iPhone and iPad
Easy steps to back up data, including contacts in iOS 17:
- Step 1 Download and install UltFone iOS Data Manager. Connect your iPhone running iOS 17 to computer, tap "Backup Records" on the Home page, and tap Backup & Restore in the next page.
- Step 2 Click "Backup" button to back up iOS 17.
- Step 3 Congratulations! You've successfully backed up everything, including contacts for your iOS 17.
After that, you can easily manage and transfer your contacts and everything.
In conclusion, resolving issues with iOS 17 NameDrop not working is crucial to ensure a smooth user experience. But please remember it's not working in the first iOS 17 developer beta 1. If you're using this version, it's advisable to avoid it. Additionally, for effective contact management and data security, UltFone iOS Data Manager is the most suitable option, which simplifies these tasks, enhancing your overall iOS experience.