How to Counter and Catch Mewtwo in Pokémon Go Today
I have been a Pokemon Go player since its beginning, and have been pretty much successful at raiding other players. But nowadays, I would usually fail in my attempts as the players at the top level have strong defenses. On the other hand, my defense has been pretty much non-existent in front of a Mewtwo, who would always be a decisive Pokemon in my defeat. I was wondering if I could somehow get one with me too so that winning in raids could be a lot easier.
Does your situation relate to the one above? Are you also looking for a way to get Mewtwo in Pokemon Go? Well, if the answer is yes, your search has come to an end. The article considers multiple methods to counter and catch Mewtwo in Pokemon Go so that you can enjoy the game with the legendary Pokemon on your side.
- Part 1: Full Analysis of Mewtwo in Pokémon Go
- Part 2: How to Counter Mewtwo in Pokémon Go 2021
- Part 3: How to Get Mewtwo in Pokémon Go Let's Go
- Part 4: Tips for Catching Legendary Pokémon
Part 1: Full Analysis of Mewtwo in Pokémon Go
Pokemon Type: Mewtwo is regarded as a “psychic” Pokemon. It has high vulnerability to “Bug, Dark and Ghost” moves while a high resistance towards “Fighting and Psychic” moves.
Mewtwo Raid Guide: The Pokemon has been a Raid Boss at the tier “5” and “Ex”. It has a boss CP of 54148 and suggested players varying from 5 to 10.
Evolution: There are no available evolutions for Mewtwo in Pokemon Go. However, people are often confused regarding the evolution of Mew into Mewtwo, which is a wrong myth, as Mew and Mewtwo are two separate Pokemons that can't evolve into each other.
Best Movesets for Mewtwo: The best moves for Mewtwo is to use Confusion and Psystrike together during attacks on Pokemons in the gym. The combination produces the highest total DPS and is one of the keys to win player vs. player battles.
Part 2: How to Counter Mewtwo in Pokémon Go 2021
Method 1. Participate in the Mewtwo Quest
Mewtwo is a legendary Pokemon that is amazing in raids. Nevertheless, only a few could get a Mewtwo, as it is challenging to catch it and might take a while to make it yours. This method makes use of completing the Mewtwo quest to unlock it. All you have to do is join Dr. Willow in his research and complete the tasks that come with it. The step below shall guide you further.
- Step 1: On the main screen, tap on the flashing image on the right-hand side.
- Step 2: "An Inter-egg-sting Development" research would show up, it would present you with some tasks.
- Step 3: Complete those tasks, and it would turn into a shadow Mewtwo encounter. The research isn't going to be easy and might need some time to complete, but the reward is worth waiting.
Method 2. Spot Mewtwo in the Right Place
Really, it is hard to spot Mewtwo because they are spread all over the world. Also, it would not be feasible for you to explore the real world to spot Mewtwo. So, the best alternative way to locate Mewtwo is spoofing your device location. To do that, you can take the assistance of UltFone iOS Location Changer. With this amazing tool, you can change the GPS location on your iPhone to any corner of the world and search for Mewtwo. Some of the incredible features of UltFone iOS Location Changer are:
- Change GPS location to anywhere in the world.
- Control the speed of your trip.
- Fake location without jailbreaking your iPhone.
- Support the latest iPhone 12 Series and the iOS 14 version.
Here is the stepwise guide on how to spot Mewtwo in Pomemon Go without physically moving.
Step 1 Download and install UltFone iOS Location Change on your PC/laptop. Then open the software and switch to Single-Spot/Multiple-Spot Movement. Tick the Disclaimer and hit the "Enter" button to proceed.
Step 2 Attach your iPhone/iPad to the computer via a cable.
Step 3 On the following screen, select different locations to customize your moving route. You can also customize the speed and mode of travel.
- Step 4After selecting the locations, click on the "Start to Move" button and you can now start to encounter more Pokemons without any efforts.
Part 3: Tricks to Get Mewtwo in Pokémon Go Let's Go
The EX-Raid Pass
A Pokémon Ex Raid is a special kind of raid that is offered to those players who participate and win the Raid battles. The Ex-Raid passes are given out within 48 hours after the end of the Raid Battle. Participating in Ex-Raid is an excellent way of hatching rare and legendary Pokémon in your Pokedex, just like Mewtwo, Deoxys, Regigigas, and Genesect.
Mewtwo is the only EX-level Pokemon in the game. Since it is an EX-level Pokemon, it can't be beaten by a single trainer. Therefore, you will need to team up with at least 6-7 trainers to beat Mewtwo and win the battle. That group shall put their best efforts into winning the fight against Mewtwo.
Best Pokemons Against Mewtwo
In order to combat Mewtwo, I would recommend using a bug, ghost, or dark type Pokemons as only they can do maximum damage to Mewtwo. Here are the Pokemons that can be the right choice to battle with Mewtwo.
Armored Mewtwo is the most preferred Pokemon for fighting against Mewtwo. Its iron tail and confusion moves shall help to beat Mewtwo.
Gengar is a ghost-type Pokemon that you can pick to fight against Mewtwo. Gengar has some great moves that can do significant damage to Mewtwo.
If you have a trained Houndoom in your Pokemon collection, then it would also be a great option to battle with Mewtwo as it can do 160 damage to Mewtwo.
Pinsir is a powerful bug-type Pokemon. You can use its bug bite and x-scissors moves to defeat Mewtwo.
Part 4: Tips for Catching Legendary Pokémon
While we have already come across several easy hacks to catch a Mewtwo, here are some tips when attempting to catch Mewtwo.
- Every time you defeat a Mewtwo in a battle, you are rewarded with some premier balls that should only be used to catch it. If you battle alongside your friends, the chances of getting rewarded with more balls increase.
- Make sure to use the razz berries before attempting to catch the Mewtwo, the berries improve the chances of a perfect throw.
- Having found a Mewtwo, don't throw the ball until the target ring is smallest, try curving the ball as it increases the chances of a successful catch.
- Wait until the Mewtwo slows and starts acting up, once that happens, time your throw keenly as the Pokemon stops.
- When attempting to catch a Mewtwo, make sure that you are having all the provisions such as a max potion, max revives etc., these items ease the catch for you.
Catching a legendary Pokemon isn't going to be easy, thus don't get disheartened if some of your attempts don't bring the best results.
This brings us to the end of this extensive guide on how to get Mewtwo in Pokemon Go. Well, it's hard to spot and capture Mewtwo as it's an ultra-rare Pokemon. However, if you are an iPhone user, then try UltFone iOS Location Changer. With it, you can explore every corner in Pokemon Go by changing your device location and will surely end up catching Mewtwo. Also, if you have questions or doubts, feel free to comment. We would love to help you out.