[Fixed] Pokemon Go Error 12: Failed to Detect Location
In recent years, Pokemon Go has gained immense popularity, and it is a new trend among today's generation. The game has fantastic graphics and unparalleled animations, which contribute to an amazing game play. Additionally, it occupies less space and supports both lower-end and higher-end devices, which makes it the preferred choice for most of the users. Besides all that, one of the common issues users face is Pokemon Go Failed to Detect Location 12. Therefore, in this article, we'll discuss why Pokemon Go fails to detect the location and various methods in fixing the problem so that it won't ruin your game experience.
- Part 1. Why Did Pokémon Go Fail to Detect Location
- Part 2. How to Fix Pokemon Go Failed to Detect Location 12 on Android
- Bonus Tip: How to Fake/Spoof Pokémon Go Without Being Detected [Free Trial]
Part 1. Why Did Pokémon Go Fail to Detect Location
There are numerous reasons behind Pokemon Go failing to detect the location. However, the most widely recognized reasons include the ones mentioned below:
- Reason 1: Error 12 might arise in your game if the Mock Location is not disabled on your smartphone's settings.
- Reason 2: GPS service is turned off on your device, or you're under shelters, like buildings, thus your device is unable to receive the GPS signal.
Part 2. How to Fix Pokemon Go Failed to Detect Location 12 on Android
- Fix 1. Check and Enable Location Services
- Fix 2. Enable Mock Locations in Developer Options
- Fix 3. Restart/Reboot Your Device
- Fix 4. Log Out and Log in Again
- Fix 5. Reset Pokemon Go Data
Fix 1. Check and Enable Location Services
The first method to fix the "Pokemon Go Failed to Detect Location" error 12 is to check the location services settings. It is important that the location services are enabled for accurate movements. If the location services are disabled, then here is how you can enable the location services.
- Step 1: Launch "Settings" on your Android device.
- Step 2: Go to "Location" under Passwords & Security tab.
Step 2: Now, tap on "Mode" and then choose "High Accuracy" to set GPS to high accuracy mode.
Fix 2. Enable Mock Locations in Developer Options
Have you enabled the "Mock Locations" option on your Android device? When the mock locations feature is disabled, it leads to GPS location errors on Android devices. Enabling Mock locations is relatively simple. You can enable it by following the steps given below.
- Step 1: Locate Build Number in your phone. In most cases, it can be found in Settings > About phone.
Step 2: Tap Build Numver seven times to make you a developer. Then go for Developer options.
- Step 3: Now, look for Allow mock locations option and enable it.
That's all. Now, try playing Pokemon Go and see if the error gets fixed or not.
Fix 3. Restart/Reboot Your Device
Another helpful solution to fix the problem is by restarting the device. Restarting the device looks simple, but it can be efficient in fixing such errors. When the Android device is restarted, all background operations and services will be refreshed. This clears all the tiny errors or apps that are misfunctioning.
Step 1: Long press the power button and tap on the reboot button.
- Step 2: Enable GPS service and the launch Pokemon Go again.
Fix 4. Log Out and Log in Pokemon Go Again
If Pokemon Go still fails to detect the location, then there might be an error in your account. Therefore, you would be required to log out from the Pokemon account and then login again. Doing this will possibly remove what is falling behind in the game and resolve the issue. Here is what you need to perform.
- Step 1: Launch Pokemon Go on your device, and then tap on the Poke ball button.
- Step 2: Now, click on "Settings".
Step 3: Scroll down to the bottom and click on "Sign Out".
- Step 4: Once you sign out, exit the application.
- Step 5: Relaunch it and log in to your account.
Fix 5. Reset Pokemon Go Data
If none of them worked for you, then the last resort is resetting the Pokemon Go data. After resetting the Pokemon Go data, all of the data and cache would be cleared. It would probably work for you because all the parameters and data of Pokemon Go will be initialized. You can reset the Pokemon Go data by following the steps stated below:
- Step 1: Launch Settings and navigate to Storage.
- Step 2: Look for Pokemon Go from the list and tap it.
Step 3: Tap on "Clear Storage". Wait for a few seconds until the data is cleared.
That's it. The issue "Failed to detect location Pokemon Go spoofing" shall be fixed now.
Bonus Tip: How to Fake/Spoof Pokémon Go Without Being Detected [Free Trial]
If you are looking for a more powerful, secure, and reliable tool for changing GPS location on Pokemon Go, then try UltFone iOS Location Changer. Unlike Fly GPS and Fake GPS, UltFone iOS Location Changer gives users plenty of options to change their current location as they wish. It offers a one-click solution to change location on your iPhone. Additionally, it supports Two-Spot and Multi-Spot movement that is very helpful while playing Pokemon Go.
Outstanding features of UltFone iOS Location Changer include:
- It works on all GPS-based apps.
- It supports a wide range of devices.
- You can draw the paths and simulate movements.
Follow the stepwise guide to spoof location on Pokemon Go:
- Step 1 Launch Ultfone iOS Location Changer on your computer and connect the iPhone to the computer via USB cable.
Step 2 Switch to Single-Spot movement, tick the disclaimer, and then click "Enter" to proceed to the next screen.
Step 3 Enter your desired locations and then hit the "Search" icon.
Step 4 Confirm the locations from the left panel, set a speed and click "Start to Move"
Note: You can also switch to the Multi-Spot Movement option and move freely in multiple places.
The Final Words
To sum up, in this post, we've introduced various likely causes and methods in detail. Additionally, we recommended to you the ultimate tool for the Pokemon Go Failed to Detect Location 12 error-UltFone iOS Location Changer. The best thing about UltFone iOS Location Changer is that it will fake GPS location on iPhone without jailbreaking. Let us know what your experience was after reading this post. Make sure to drop a comment below to encourage us for more topics. Thanks!