Apple iPhone Passcode Thieves: What You Need to Know
Your iPhone passcode is supposed to protect your device and your data from unauthorized access. But what if someone steals your iPhone and your passcode at the same time? You might think that's impossible, but it's not. In fact, it's a growing trend among thieves who target iPhone users in public places. They watch you type your passcode, then snatch your phone and use it to unlock and steal your identity. It is a serious threat that you need to be aware of and take measures to prevent.
In this guide, we will explain how iPhone passcode thieves operate, how to safeguard Apple iPhone passcode thieves from them.
- Part 1: Apple iPhone Passcode Thieves Exposed
- Part 2. Practical Measures to Safeguard Your iPhone Passcode from Thieves
- Part 3. How to Unlock iPhone if the Correct Passcode not Working [Extra Tip]
- Part 4. FAQs about Apple iPhone Passcode Thieves
Part 1. Apple iPhone Passcode Thieves Exposed
According to a recent report by The Wall Street Journal, iPhone passcode thefts have increased in the past two years in the US and other countries.
These thieves often work in groups, using various tactics to get your passcode and your phone. Some of them might distract you, while another one records your passcode over your shoulder. Some of them might befriend you and ask you to open a social media app or take a picture with your phone. Some of them might even assault you or drug you and force you to give up your passcode and your phone.
Once they have your phone and your passcode, they act fast. Within minutes, they can reset your Apple ID password, locking you out of your account.
iPhone Thief Explains How He Breaks Into Your Phone | WSJ
Part 2. Practical Measures to Safeguard Your iPhone Passcode from Thieves
The best way to avoid iPhone passcode theft is to prevent it from happening in the first place. Here are some practical measures that you can take to safeguard your iPhone passcode from thieves:
Secure Your iPhone Passwords
The first and most basic measure is to use a strong and unique passcode for your iPhone. Avoid using common or easy-to-guess passcodes, such as 1234, 0000, or your birthday. Use a longer passcode, preferably six digits or more, and change it regularly.
Boost iPhone Security Measures with Screen Time
Another measure is to use Screen Time, a feature that lets you monitor and limit your iPhone usage. Screen Time can also help you protect your iPhone from passcode thieves by enabling two options: Erase Data and Recovery Key. Erase Data will wipe your iPhone after ten failed passcode attempts, making it useless for thieves.
Activate Advanced Security - Stolen Device Protection
The third and most advanced measure is using Stolen Device Protection, a new feature Apple introduced in iOS 17.3. Stolen Device Protection creates a second layer of security for your iPhone, making it harder for thieves to use your passcode to access your device or your data. When you allow this feature, your iPhone will require your Apple ID password or your Recovery Key to unlock it, in addition to your passcode.
Part 3. How to Unlock iPhone if the Correct Passcode is not Working [Extra Tip]
If you have taken the above measures to safeguard your iPhone passcode from thieves, you might wonder what to do if your correct passcode is not working. It can happen if you forget your passcode or if your iPhone is disabled after too many incorrect attempts.
In this case, you need a reliable and effective tool to unlock your iPhone. That’s where UltFone iPhone Unlock comes in. UltFone iPhone Unlock is a powerful software that can help you bypass any lock screen on your iPhone, whether it’s a passcode, Face ID, Apple ID, or iTunes.
Why Choose UltFone iPhone Unlock to unlock iPhone?
- Fast: Bypass any lock screen without a passcode, Face ID, Apple ID, or iTunes in minutes.
- Effective: Works on all iPhone models, including the latest iPhone 14, and supports all iOS versions, including iOS 17.
- Easy: No tech skills are needed; just follow simple steps on the user-friendly interface.
- Reliable: High success rate thanks to advanced unlocking techniques and a professional support team.
- Safe: Get a clean and unlocked iPhone, guaranteed. No data loss, no virus, no damage.
- Bonus: Bypass Screen Time (no data loss) and MDM restrictions, even recover saved passwords.
How to unlock iPhone if your correct passcode is not working?
- Step 1 Download and install UltFone iPhone Unlock on your computer, then click "Start" to unlock your iPhone.
- Step 2Connect your iPhone to your computer and the software will detect it automatically. Click "Next" from the main interface.
- Step 3Choose a path and click "Download" to download the lastest firmware package.
- Step 4Click "Start Remove" to unlock your locked iPhone without passcode.
- Step 5Congratulations! You've successfully unlocked your locked iPhone without passocde.
Free download UltFone iPhone Unlock and unlock your iPhone, without any passcode required!
Part 4. FAQs about Apple iPhone Passcode Thieves
Q1: Is the iPhone passcode secure?
Your passcode is devised to keep your iPhone and its data safe, but it's far too weak to be considered truly secure. As we have seen, iPhone passcode thieves can easily steal your passcode and your phone and use them to access your Apple ID, your iCloud Keychain, your financial accounts, and your personal information. You should also use other security measures, such as Face ID, Touch ID, Screen Time, and Stolen Device Protection, to enhance your iPhone security.
Q2: What to do if your iPhone is lost or stolen?
If, for some reason, your iPhone steal, you should act quickly to minimize the damage and increase the chances of recovering your device. Here are some things you can do:
- You can use Find My iPhone to find, lock, or erase your iPhone remotely if you have enabled it.
- If you have enabled Stolen Device Protection, you can use it to prevent thieves from unlocking your iPhone with your passcode.
- If you have enabled Screen Time, you can use it to erase your iPhone after ten failed passcode attempts.
- If you have backed up your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes, you can use it to restore your data to a new device or to your recovered device.
Apple iPhone passcode thieves is a serious and growing problem that can cause you a lot of trouble and loss. You should use a strong and unique passcode to protect your iPhone and your data from passcode thieves. If your correct passcode is not working, you should useUltFone iPhone Unlock to bypass any lock screen and regain access to your iPhone.It's fast, easy, and safe to use, with no tech skills required.