[Quick Guide] Fix iPhone Motion not Available on iOS 17
While the live wallpaper option brought back by iOS 17 is a dynamic take on traditional wallpapers, several iOS users on Reddit complain about motion not available iOS 17 text appearing on their screens whenever they attempt to utilize this feature on their devices.
If you’re one of them, here are the top 9 fixes to deal with your problem and enjoy a seamless experience with motion wallpapers on your device.
- Part 1: Why Motion Not Available on iOS 17?
- Part 2: How to Fix Motion Not Available on iOS 17? [Full Guide]
- Part 3：FAQs about Motion not Available on iOS 17
Part 1: Why Motion Not Available on iOS 17?
There are various reasons why users may face hindrances with the live wallpaper feature not working on iOS 17. Here are a few root causes:
- A low battery can halt live wallpapers from working.
- Activating the power-saving mode can also affect their usability.
- Your motion settings may require adjustments.
- Interruptions can also be caused by haptic touch duration.
- Bugs in the motion feature or iOS 17 update.
Part 2: How to Fix Motion Not Available on iOS 17? [Full Guide]
Now that you know the causes of the iPhone motion not working interruption, let’s start unveiling the fixes corresponding to each case and more.
1. Ensure The Live Wallpaper is Live
The motion feature is only supported by live wallpapers. So, if it isn’t working on your device, you must first ensure whether the live wallpaper option has been selected.
Here’s how you can activate live wallpapers on your iPhone
- Go to Settings > Wallpaper > Choose New Wallpaper.
- Now, choose the Live option and press the screen to see the animation. If it’s to your liking, tap on Set to display the new wallpaper on your home screen, lock screen, or both.
Restarting your iPhone is the traditional fix for most system issues. However, there’s no guarantee that it will work.
Here’s how you can do this:
- Press the power button until the power off slider emerges on the screen. Drag it to the right to turn off your device.
- Wait a few moments and restart your phone by holding the same button. You may notice that your device has started functioning more smoothly.
3.Use UltFone iOS System Repair
The UltFone System Repair software has become the go-to software for 150+ iOS issues without any complications or data loss. Whatever your problem may be, you can download the tool to ensure it’s taken care of, and yes, this includes motion not available on iOS 17.
Here is how to Fix Motion Not Available on iOS 17 without data loss:
- Step 1 Connect your iPhone to your computer and launch UltFone iOS System Repair. Click "Start" on the interface.
- Step 2Click "Standard Repair" to begin fixing iPhone update stuck on preparing update.
- Step 3Then, click the "Download" button to download the automatically matched firmware package for your iPhone.
- Step 4Click "Start Standard Repair" to fix the iOS issues on your iPhone.
- Step 5Wait for the tool to repair your iOS system, then your iPhone will restart automatically. Any then your problem that motion not available iOS 17 will be solved .
4. Disable Low Power Mode
The low-power mode can stop your live wallpaper from functioning to save battery. When your battery percentage reaches 20%, your system sends a notification to enable low-power mode.
If you turn it on and later realize it’s affecting your live wallpaper feature, you can reverse your selection by following the steps below:
- Go to Settings > Battery.
- There, you will spot a toggle beside the Low Power Mode option. Turn it off to avoid further interruptions.
5. Try Using Different Wallpaper
While the live wallpaper feature is designed to work on all pictures, it may face technical difficulties with some pictures. This may be the case with the image you’ve chosen. Try picking a different wallpaper to see if that’s why motion not available iOS 17 wallpaper.
You can change your device’s wallpaper with the following steps:
- Go to Settings > Wallpaper.
- Select the “+” option to pick a new wallpaper.
- Enable the Live Photo feature and browse your gallery to select your desired wallpaper.
6. Gifts from Friends
Apple enables friends to share live wallpapers as gifts. However, there are chances that the shared file is corrupted or poorly configured.
To solve this, you can analyze the image settings to ensure it’s compatible with your device. In contrast, if set-up instructions accompany the live wallpaper, follow each step carefully to set up your wallpaper.
7. Disable Reduce Motion
If you’ve gone and meddled with the accessibility settings, it may be one of the reasons why the motion feature is not working correctly on your device.
Here’s a simple fix for this problem:
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Motion.
- Turn off the Reduce Motion toggle by tapping it.
8. Check For The Software Update
An outdated version of iOS can be another reason why iPhone motion not working. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to check if an update is pending.
9. Check Haptic Touch’s Touch Duration
If your iPhone can’t perceive your touch input, it becomes impossible to control your live wallpaper. The best way to fix this is by altering your haptic touch duration through the following steps:
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Haptic Touch.
- Alter your touch duration according to what works best for you.
Part 3：FAQs about Motion not Available on iOS 17
1. Why IpadOS 17 Live Wallpapers is not supported?
iPadOS 17 update allows users to set up a live picture wallpaper and customize and further modify its appearance.
2. How to Set Live Wallpaper on iOS 17?
Here’s your guide to setting up live wallpapers on iOS 17:
- Go to Settings > Wallpapers and tap the “+” icon.
- Start browsing your Photos, but remember to filter your collection by Live Photos.
- Choose the live photo of your preference and tap Set as Wallpaper.
This concludes our list of solutions to motion not available iOS 17. With these practical and simple steps, you can set up new live wallpaper, fix issues with your existing motion wallpaper, and even handle 150+ iOS 17 system issues if you opt for the UltFone System Repair software.
Apart from being safe and easy to use, it can quickly tackle all your problems linked to iOS, saving you the effort of browsing for hours to hunt for a reliable fix.