5 Effective Ways to Fix iPhone Stuck on Lock Screen
Dealing with an iPhone that's stuck on the lock screen can be incredibly frustrating. Whether you've forgotten your passcode, your Touch ID or Face ID has stopped working, or your iPhone screen is just frozen, not being able to get into your phone prevents you from accessing all of your apps, data, and features.
The good news is that with the right tricks, you can usually fix an iPhone stuck on the lock screen or an iPhone stuck in zoom mode on lock screen fairly easily. In this article, we'll outline 5 proven methods that you can try yourself to get your iPhone unlocked and working again.
- Part 1. Why is My Phone Frozen on the Lock Screen and Won't Turn Off
- Part 2. How to Fix iPhone Stuck on Lock Screen
- Solution 1 Force Restart iPhone
- Solution 2 Use Professional Tool to Fix iPhone Stuck on Lock Screen [100% Working]
- Solution 3 Hard Reset iPhone
- Solution 4 Restore iPhone via iTunes
- Solution 5 Restore iPhone in Recovery Mode
- Part 3. People Also Ask about iPhone Stuck on Lock Screen
Part 1. Why is My Phone Frozen on the Lock Screen and Won't Turn Off
There are a few main culprits for this frustrating issue. Software bugs, especially glitches in third-party apps, are a very common reason iPhone 14 stuck on lock screen and won't reset.
The iPhone 13 and iPhone 14 Pro Max running the latest iOS versions seem particularly prone to this. Insufficient storage space can also cause system errors that freeze the device and prevent accessing or powering it off.
Additionally, hardware problems like an unresponsive sleep/wake button or faulty display could result in the iPhone being frozen on the lock screen.
Identifying whether software bugs, full iPhone storage, or hardware defects are the trigger can help troubleshoot the specific cause and get your phone working again.
Part 2. How to Fix iPhone Stuck on Lock Screen
Solution 1 Force Restart iPhone
Force restarting your iPhone is one of the quickest and simplest ways to fix an iPhone 14 pro stuck on lock screen or any other iPhone stuck on locked screen. This method essentially reboots your iPhone operating system, refreshing the software and clearing any glitches.
The force restart should help iPhone models exit the frozen lock screen, refreshing the entire system. Give it a try before moving to the next steps.iPhone X/11/12/13/14/15
- 1. Press and hold either the Volume Up or Volume Down button and the Side button at the same time until you see the slider power off.
- 2. Drag the slider to turn your iPhone completely off.
- 3. After the device shuts down, hold the Side button again until you see the Apple logo to turn it back on.
- 1. Press and hold either the Side button at the top (older models) or the larger Side button on the right side (newer models)until you see the slider power off.
- 2. Drag the slider to turn your iPhone completely off.
- 3. After the device shuts down, press and hold the Side button again until you see the Apple logo to turn it back on.
Solution 2 Use Professional Tool to Fix iPhone Stuck on Lock Screen [100% Working]
UltFone iOS System Repair is a professional-grade software that can truly fix iPhone issues like a stuck lock screen when basic resets fail. With its advanced repair technology, UltFone System Repair makes it easy to fix even stubborn iPhone lock screen issues that standard resets cannot address.
Key Features of UltFone iOS System Repair
- Successfully repairs lock screen issues in over 99% of iPhone devices. The advanced system scan identifies deep iOS problems that Apple tools cannot.
- A risk-free repair process will never cause data loss or overwrite your iPhone contents.
- It is much faster and more effective than trying to force restart or reset your device multiple times manually.
- Resolves not just stuck lock screens but also other stubborn issues like black screen, Apple logo freeze, recovery mode loop, etc.
- Works reliably on every iPhone model and iOS version, even the newest iPhone 15 running iOS 17.
Here are the steps to fix the iPhone stuck on lock screen won't turn off.
- Step 1Download and install UltFone on your computer, then connect your iPhone via USB cable. Click "Start".
- Step 2Next, click on “Standard Repair.”
- Step 3Click "Download" for the correct firmware file to prepare for system repair.
- Step 4Once the firmware is downloaded, click "Start Standard Repair". UltFone will now analyze and fix all system issues responsible for lock screen problems.
- Step 5The automated repair takes several minutes. Your iPhone may reboot and display progress. Do not disconnect it.
Solution 3 Hard Reset iPhone
Force restarting, also known as hard resetting, your iPhone essentially cuts power and boots the device back up - refreshing software processes. It's an effective fix for any iPhone stuck on the lock screen.
Here are the steps to fix “iPhone frozen on lock screen won't restart”
- iPhone 8 or later - Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Then, immediately press and release the Volume Down button. Finally, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo appear on restart.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus - Press and hold both the Volume Down and Sleep/Wake buttons together. Don't release until the Apple logo appears during restart.
- iPhone 6 or earlier - Press and continue holding both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time until the Apple logo comes up.
Solution 4 Restore iPhone via iTunes
Restoring your iPhone using iTunes on a computer is an effective troubleshooting step that can fix many system issues causing lock screen problems.
However, this completely wipes your device and deletes all contents, so only perform a restore if you have backups.
Here are the steps to fix “my iphone is stuck on the lock screen.”
- 1. Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes
- 2. Force your iPhone into recovery mode.
- 3. In recovery mode, select "Restore" when prompted by iTunes
- 4. iTunes will download software and complete the restore
- 5. Set up your wiped iPhone as new or restore an iCloud/iTunes backup
This will install a fresh, unmodified iOS system version, which should resolve many issues causing iPhone lock screen problems. Just be sure to have backups, as all data is deleted.
Solution 5 Restore iPhone in Recovery Mode
Putting your iPhone into recovery mode enables you to fully restore device software, potentially fixing lock screen problems. UltFone iOS System Repair offers an easy way to enter recovery mode.
The tool is free and makes the process safe and simple - avoiding tech headaches or the risk of data loss.
Watch the video to see how to put iPhone in recovery mode to fix iPhone stuck on lock screen.
Part 3. People Also Ask about iPhone Stuck on Lock Screen
Q1. What is iPhone touch disease?
iPhone touch disease is a hardware flaw affecting iPhone 6 and 6 Plus models where the touchscreen becomes unresponsive and stops working due to a failed chip solder connection.
Q2. How do I customize my Lock Screen?
On an iPhone running iOS 16 or later, go to Settings > Wallpaper to customize your lock screen wallpaper, photo shuffle, notifications view, widgets, text color, and more.
Q3. How do I remove lock screen on iOS 16?
You can disable the iPhone lock screen passcode by going to Settings > Face ID & Passcode and entering your passcode, then turning off the "Require Passcode" option. This will remove the passcode lock screen for unlocked use.
When an iPhone is stuck on the lock screen, it can be incredibly frustrating. There are several effective troubleshooting techniques you can try to get your iPhone unlocked again. Start with simpler force restarts and resets to refresh the operating system.
For stubborn cases, use advanced repair tools like UltFone iOS System Repair or restore through iTunes as a last resort, if you have device backups. With some strategic effort, you should be able to get your frozen iPhone off the lifeless lock screen.