How to Fix Airplay Not working on iPhone/iPad/Apple TV/Mac?
- Jerry Cook
- Updated on 2022-07-20 to  Mirror iPhone Tips
One of the things that connect the Apple ecosystem is AirPlay. With just a few taps, you can easily stream music or video material from your Mac, iPhone, or iPad to another compatible device, such as a smart TV, Apple TV, or smart speaker. You don't need to give AirPlay any thought because it often shows automatically in the Share menu of your media app. It occasionally fails and says Airplay unable to connect, although it's unclear why.
In this article, we will give some tips that you may use if you're having trouble using AirPlay to connect two devices or Airplay not working.
- Part 1: How does Airplay Work?
- Part 2: How to Fix Airplay Not Working on iPhone/iPad?
- Part 3: How to Fix Airplay Not Working on Apple TV?
- Part 4: How to Fix Airplay Unable to Connect to Mac?
- Part 5: Free Alternative: Screen Mirror iPhone to Computer
Part 1: How does Airplay Work?
Your devices must be close to one another and switched on for AirPlay to function. Ensure your Apple TV is active and not in sleep mode if you're trying to use AirPlay. Unless you utilize peer-to-peer AirPlay, it isn't easy to enjoy AirPlay and Apple TV mirroring without the internet.
There is a chance that an error message stating "video format not supported" would appear since AirPlay does not support all media kinds. The AirPlay unsupported video codecs are not obvious, and a fast device restart might occasionally cure the issue.
Remember that certain streaming providers, including Netflix, have stopped supporting AirPlay due to poor video quality. If you try to do it, you can notice this error. Additionally, be certain that you are only attempting to stream from one device at a time.
The amazing thing about AirPlay is that you can broadcast various media concurrently on numerous devices. Continue reading to understand how to utilize AirPlay.
Part 2: How to Fix Airplay Not Working on iPhone/iPad?
Why is Apple AirPlay not working? If your iPhone or iPad isn't connecting, try these fixes:
1. Check For Compatibility
Why is my Airplay unable to connect? Check if your gadget supports AirPlay before fiddling with your WiFi router or device settings. You might have to upgrade your iOS to utilize it.
2. Check WiFi Connection
Next, confirm that the AirPlay-compatible devices are not just connected to WiFi but also to the same WiFi network.
3. Check Audio
Turn both devices' volumes up and make sure neither is muted.
4. Turn on and off WiFi
To force your devices to re-establish a connection to WiFi, enable airplane mode and then turn it off.
5. Ensure that the Operating System is the Latest
It would be best if you had iOS 11.4 or later to use AirPlay 2, which enables you to broadcast music to numerous audio devices simultaneously. Verify that your iPad or iPhone is running the most recent version of iOS.
6. Restart Your Gadget
Restarting your iPhone or iPad is a straightforward yet effective remedy that could be what you need to solve Airplay unable to connect.
Part 3: How to Fix Airplay Not Working on Apple TV?
Why is Airplay not working on Apple TV? Although you've already confirmed that both devices support this feature and are acceptable for content broadcasting, hardware issues may exist if the Apple TV cannot connect to another device over AirPlay.
- Try restarting Apple TV by going to Settings, selecting General, and then choosing reset.
- Your Apple TV can overheat if a device reset doesn't solve the issue. Please disconnect the gadget from the power source, switch it off, and give it some time to recharge fully. When it reaches room temperature again, please switch it on.
- If these fixes haven't resolved your Apple TV issues and the indicator light is still flashing, trying a factory reset and updating your firmware could help.
- Connect your Apple TV to your Mac through a USB cable to reset it to factory defaults.
- Search for the Apple TV page on iTunes. Click Restore Apple TV, then wait as iTunes downloads the most recent software and returns the device to its default settings.
- Call Apple support or a licensed engineer if none of those resets resolved the problem.
Part 4: How to Fix Airplay Unable to Connect to Mac?
Airplay unable to connect to Mac! If you're trying to broadcast from your Mac and have a firewall configured, be sure it isn't preventing you from using AirPlay.
- Step 1: Select "Security & Privacy" under "System Preferences" while your Mac is open.
- Step 2: Ensure the "Firewall" tab is chosen before clicking the "Firewall settings" button.
- Step 3: If the item labeled "Block all incoming connections" is checked, remove it since your Firewall may be blocking AirPlay. You might also wish to check the option "Automatically enable signed software to receive incoming connections" in this menu.
Step 4: You might not have enabled the AirPlay symbol for your Mac if it didn't appear in the menu bar. Select "Displays" from the open "System settings" menu, then check the box next to "Show mirroring choices in the menu bar when available".
- Step 5: A dedicated "AirPlay" symbol will appear in your menu bar once this option is activated. Clicking this icon will show you a list of all the AirPlay-compatible devices currently in range.
Part 5: Free Alternative: Screen Mirror iPhone to Computer
You may now operate your device using a keyboard and mouse. As a result, you can launch apps on your phone, send messages, examine your picture galleries, and even play mobile games on the big screen. Furthermore, you may transfer nearly anything from your computer to your iPhone by simply dragging and dropping files onto the copy window.
The best app for mirroring your iPhone to a Windows computer is UltFone iOS Data Manager. It is quite simple to use. After installing this program on your desktop, use a USB cable to connect your phone to your computer. More surprisingly, UltFone iOS Data Manager's ideal setup enables it to be used immediately, substantially enhancing the experience, unlike other screen casting applications.
Features of UltFone iOS Data Manager:
- Photo export from iOS smartphone to PC in one click
- Manage, backup, restore, and transfer iOS data without using iTunes
- 1,000 maximum images per conversion from HEIC to JPG on Windows
- Run a diagnostic test and toggle the accessibility settings on the device. Snap a photo without pressing the Home button.
- To handle iOS data, make a virtual USB drive.
Steps to Use UltFone iOS Data Manager:
Step 1 Start UltFone iOS Data Manager on your computer, then use a data cable to connect your iPhone to your PC. The "Real-Time Screen" feature may be found by selecting the "More Tools" button from the left sidebar.
UltFone will then begin loading the plugin. It only takes a little while.
Step 2 Your iPhone screen will display when the plugin has finished loading. Now you can use your iPhone on the computer.
Apple's AirPlay casting feature lets you see YouTube on a larger screen or display videos from your iPhone onto your TV. If the device is connected to the same WiFi as your TV, you may use AirPlay to securely cast video and audio from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to an Apple TV or smart TV that supports AirPlay 2.
We've covered why Airplay is unable to connect or work on your device. We hope that the changes will assist you in fixing the Airplay cannot connect issue, but if they do not, UltFone iOS Data Manager has been mentioned as the best alternative. It establishes a direct link between the device and the display.