Top 2 Ways to Restart A Frozen or Stuck iPad
- Jerry Cook
- Updated on 2020-03-11 to  iPad
Help, My iPad Air screen is frozen. i cannot do anything. I tried turning it off but i it won't, anyone can help me?
Have you ever face the situation that your iPad became unresponsive, even completely freezing when you try to open/install an App, or iPad frozen on Apple logo, black screen, etc during iOS upgrade/jailbreak. In these cases, a simply restart cannot reboot your iPad. Here we share 2 easy ways for you to restart a frozen iPad Pro/Air 2/Air/4/3/2/ and iPad mini 4/3/2.
- Part 1: Forcely Restart Frozen iPad
- Part 2: Restart Frozen iPad with Free iOS Reboot Tool
- Part 3: Tips: How to Avoid iPad Freezing Up
Part 1: Forcely Restart Frozen iPad
Sometimes, your iPad becomes frozen or stuck may due to apps conflicts or corrupted memory left by apps. In this case, a force restart can easily close apps that causing issues and flush the memory the iPad uses for active applications.
Force restart iPad with Face ID such as iPad 2018 iPad Pro, you need to:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Top button until your iPad restarts.
Force restart an iPad with Home button such as iPad Air, you need to press and hold both the Home and Side (or Top) buttons for at least 10 seconds, untile you see the Apple logo.
Part 2: Restart Frozen iPad with Free iOS Reboot Tool
In most cases you fix frozen iPad by force restarting it, but some more complex problems like iPad gets bricked after iOS 13 update can't be solved by a simple force restart. In this case, a professional iOS reboot tool like Free UltFone iOS System Repair can easily fix your iPad frozen problems with two simple clicks.
Download and install this free iOS reboot software to your PC or Mac, and follow the instructions to force restart an frozen iPad.
1. Connect your iPad with computer via USB. Launch this software, you will see "Enter Recovery Mode" option. Just click it and wait for a few seconds. Your iPad will get into recovery mode. If your iPad has already stuck in recovery mode, skip it.
2. When your iPad get into recovery mode, the "Exit Recovery Mode" button will be highlighted, click it and your iPad will restart without losing data.
By two simple clicks, your iPad will be forcely retarted. The screen freezing up problem can be solved in most cases. However, if the above two methods still can't get your iPad out of frozen issue, try to use "Repair Operating System" feature on iOS System Repair. This feature is aimed to fix complicated iOS system issues, including iPad stuck in recovery mode, iPad frozen on Apple logo, iPad can't restore, even iPad error in iTunes. What makes it more outstanding than iTunes is that your data are reserved after repair.
Once UltFone iOS System Repair detect your device, Click "Download" button to start downloading the firmware package online.
After the firmware package is downloaded completed and successfully. Click "Start Repair" to start system recovery.
The whole process takes a few minutes. Your iPad will be restarted and back to normal after the repairing is completed.
Part 3: Tips: How to Avoid iPad Freezing Up
Still, it might be good for you to know how to reduce the probability that iPad lack of reaction.
- Clear caches and useless files regularly.
- Use reliable software (Apple Store) to download Apps, try not to install Apps which have been modified;
- Jailbreak users try not to install overmany Apps, in order to avoid plugins conflict, and install plugins from official sources;
- Regularly restart your devices to release memory.
The Last Words
Now you can choose a suitable method to fix your frozen or stuck iPad easily. We hope that the solutions outlined here would help you solve your problem. UltFone iOS System Repair can help you solve iPad freezing up issue by simple two clicks.