How to Update from iOS 14 Beta to Official Release
Now that Apple Inc has released the latest iOS version, every user is upgrading their device software. If you also want to update iOS 14 beta to the public final version and need some help doing that, then we have a detailed guide for you. You don’t have to use the beta version of the software anymore as we are letting you know how to update from beta to official iOS 14.
Before we begin, please check and confirm that your device is still compatible with iOS 14. The new iOS 14 is only compatible with iPhone 6s and later models, iPod touch 7th generation, iPad Air 2, iPad Air (3rd generation),iPad mini 4 and 5, iPad (5-7th generation) and All iPad Pro models. Let’s start now.
- Way 1 1: How To Update From iOS 14 Beta To Official Release Without Computer
- Way 2. How To Update From Beta To Official iOS 14/iPadOS 14 via iTunes
- Way 3: An Easy Way to Remove iOS Beta and Goes Back to Official iOS without Data Loss
Part 1: How To Update From iOS 14 Beta To Official Release Without Computer
Just like any other software update, to update iOS beta to official release, you don’t need the help of a computer. With a strong and stable internet connection and full battery, you will be able to accomplish your goal easily. To get the original iOS 14 version, you will have to remove the beta profile from your device and create a backup of your device. These steps will be helpful for you:
- Step 1: Launch the Settings app and open General Settings. Tap on the Profiles & Device Management.
- Step 2. Tap the iOS Beta Software Profile.
Step 3. You will see the Remove Profile option. Tap on option and enter your passcode if prompted.
- Step 4. Restart your device.
After removing the beta profile successfully, you can go to Settings > General > Software Update to check for an official update.
Part 2. How To Update From Beta To Official iOS 14/iPadOS 14 via Finder or iTunes
Users can also choose iTunes to learn how to update from iOS beta to the official version. The process is a little bit complex than that of the regular method but it will still do the job. To update your device, you will have to put your device in recovery mode. The steps are given below:
Step 1: Get the latest version of iTunes and connect your iPhone with the system. While the device is connected to the system, follow the steps below to put your device in recovery mode:
- For iPhone 8 and later - Press the volume up button and release it, press the volume down button and release it, then press the Power button. Hold the power button until you see the recovery mode screen on your iPhone.
- For iPhone 7/7Plus - Press the Volume down button and the Power button together and hold them until you see the Recovery mode screen.
- For iPhone 6 and older models - Press the home button and the power button at the same time and wait as the recovery mode screen appears on the device.
Step 2: Once the device enters the recovery mode, iTunes will detect it and prompt you to either update or restore your device. Click on the Restore option and wait for iTunes to restore and install the non-beta version to your device.
Have patience while the new software version is installing. If the connection gets interrupted then you will have to go through the process once again.
If you are using Finder on your Mac, the steps are the same. You just need to connect your device to computer using USB cable and put it in recovery mode. Once it is in recovery mode, a Finder window for your device will pop up on your Mac automatically. Click Update option on the prompted window.
Way 3: An Easy Way to Remove iOS Beta and Goes Back to Official iOS without Data Loss
The above two methods seem a little complex especially using iTunes or Finder on Mac. Is there an easier way to remove iOS beta and roll back to public official version? Yes of course. The users who are currently using the iOS 14 beta version on their iPhone might get confused with the update. Technically, when you are trying to upgrade from iOS 14 beta to the final version, you will have to downgrade your iPhone.
So, an reliable iOS downgrade tool is helpful. UltFone iOS System Repair is able to downgrade from iOS 14 beta easily. Follow the steps below:
- Step 1 Download and launch this program on a PC or Mac, and connect your device to computer via Apple cable. From the main interface, choose Repair Operating System.
Step 2 In the next screen, please choose the Deep Repair>> to continue.
Step 3 Then, this program will detect and automatically display the latest offiical version that the connect device supports. Click the Download button to download the latest iOS firmware package.
Step 4 Once the firmware package is downloaded successfully, click Repair Now to start installing the official iOS to your device. The beta profile will be removed during the process.
If you have a backup file before hand, you can follow the video guide below to learn how to restore iPhone from old backup file after downgrading.
Apple Inc has introduced unlimited new features with this new update of iOS 14. So, if you want to learn how to update from iOS beta to official release, then this guide will surely ease up the process for you. Apple claims this update to be the best one yet. So, try this update and explore the features all by yourself.