How to Change App Icons on iOS 14
What occupies the most space at your home screen? The answer is the app icons. Just think of the difference it would create if you can somehow change way your app icons look on iOS 14. The more different it looks like, the newer experience you would enjoy using it. Apple has been striving hard to bring modern breakthrough changes to its interface, and the launch of iOS 14 is a great practice. iOS 14 was a long-awaited upgrade, and the release of the new version has satisfied most if not all of the customers' expectations. Now, let's learn how to change app icons on iOS 14.
- Can iPhone Icons be Changed?
- Is it Recommended to Change App Icons?
- How to Change App Icons Using Shortcuts
- Free App Icons Aesthetic Download Websites
- Extra Tip: How to Fix iPhone iOS 14 Running Slow
Can iPhone Icons be Changed?
If you are someone who likes to have everything as per your preference, then Apple's iOS 14 is made for you. The ability to customize your app icons has definitely been the standout feature of this update. It is a relatively new feature which is never supported in any other phone, which also adds to another perk of having an Apple product. The ability to customize the app icon is available for the following devices:
- iPhone 11/Max/Max Pro
- iPhone X/XS/XS Max/XR
- iPhone 8/8 Plus
- iPhone 7/7 Plus
- iPhone 6S/6S Plus
- iPhone SE 1 and SE 2
Which Apps Support to Customize Icons on iOS 14?
You might now be wondering if the feature is limited to a few specific built-in apps, but it's not. The feature allows every app to be updated following the same simple procedure so that your home screen looks the same way you want it to.
Is it Recommended to Change App Icons?
While you might be pleased by having newer icons at your home screen, the newer look comes at a cost. There are several limitations to applying the new feature.
- Firstly, you might be irritated by an additional click before you open or close any app. Having a different icon would first divert you to the shortcut application and then to the original app you wish to use. Although this move might feel easy and new to you at first but you might be annoyed after a long-term use.
- Secondly, having a customized icon would prevent any notification badge from showing up at the top of the application. This would result in late replies to emails and messages while you might fail to respond to other notifications in time.
How to Change App Icons Using Shortcuts
While we have analyzed everything about the new feature, you would be feeling impatient by now, to find out "How to change app icons using shortcuts". We simplify the procedure below.
- 1. Download and open the Shortcuts app.
- 2. Press the "+" button at the top of your screen.
3. Click on add action from the screen that appears. And search for the open app in the search bar.
- 4. Select the app icon you wish to customize. Change the name of the app if you wish to, or proceed to the next step.
5. Tap on the icon of the app and a list shall appear, press on "choose photo".
6. Select the photo you wish to add and press "add" to confirm it.
That's all you need to do. Now the customized icon should then be added to the home screen.
Free App Icons Aesthetic Download Websites
Customizing the icons can significantly improve the interface of your iPhone and make it look more attractive and beautiful. The Well-designed icons shall take your iPhone's using experience to the next level. If you are also looking for royalty-free icons for your iPhone, which are free to download then check out the three websites:
From these websites, you can download millions of free icons and customize the user interface. Below are a few popular icons for your reference.
Popular Instagram icons
Popular Facebook icons
Popular YouTube icons
Extra Tip: How to Fix iPhone iOS 14 Running Slow
Are you concerned about the lagging of your iPhone? Do the applications usually crash after the iOS 14 update? Well, the most effective way to fix all these issues on your device is by using a third-party application just like UltFone iOS System Repair. Ultfone iOS System Repair is a great tool to speed up your iPhone's performance and prevent the apps from crashing. Some of its other benefits include:
- Easy to operate with a user-friendly interface.
- Capable of fixing 150+ iOS software related problems such as iPhone stuck on Apple Logo or applications go crashing on iPhone etc.
- Factory reset iPhone/iPad without a password.
- Compatible with all the iOS devices, including iOS 14/iPadOS 14 and iPhone 11/iPhone SE (2nd).
Let's see how to repair the iPhone running slowly problem using Ultfone iOS System Repair:
Step 1Run UltFone iOS System Repair on your computer and connect your iPhone to the computer via Apple lightning cable. Then, select "Repair Operating System (Fix All iOS Problems)" option from the home screen.
Step 2On the ext screen, click on the "Fix Now" button.
Step 3Now, select a location to save the firmware package and click on "Download".
Step 4When the firmware package is downloaded, click on the "Repair Now" button to repair the iOS system.
That's it. Now all the lagging issues shall be fixed on your device.
After going through this guide, you should be clear about how to change app icons on iOS 14 and fix any lag in your iPhone with UltFone iOS System Repair, which is the quickest way to fix lagging issues in iPhone with just a few clicks. Follow the stepwise guide and unlock the true potential of your iPhone!