How to Fix Weather Widget Not Updating on iOS 16/15/14?
Is anyone's stock Weather widget (Apple's) not updating? I'm not sure if this is iPhone X specific or not.
Weather widget offers you a quick way to know about weather condition and get access to Weather application easily. However, many iPhone users complain that weather widget doesn’t work at all or functions abnormally after iOS 16/15/14 update, which causes so much inconvenience. Here are some tips on how to fix weather widget not working on iOS 16/15/14.
- Solution 1: Turn On Background App Refresh on iPhone
- Solution 2: Switch The Location Service of Weather to Always
- Solution 3: Reinstall Weather Application
- Solution 4: Edit Weather Widget to Fix Black Weather Widget after Update iOS 16/15/14 Beta
- Solution 5: Downgrade iOS System to Fix Weather Widget Not Updating
Solution 1: Turn On Background App Refresh on iPhone
If the weather widget not updating after iOS 16/15/14 update, please check whether you turn Background App Refresh on.
- Step 1: Open Settings app on your device, and then go to General > Background App Refresh.
Step 2: If this option is disabled, please enable it and ensure Whether is toggled on.
Solution 2: Switch The Location Service of Weather to Always
First, you need to make sure you have turned on the toggle for location service. If you switch it off, the weather widget won’t show you weather condition since it cannot get your location. That’s what we say “blank weather widget”. Tap on your Settings>Privacy>Location Services. Turn on it. Then go and find Weather, choose Always.
Solution 3: Reinstall Weather Application
If weather widget doesn’t function well after you set the location service to “Always”, the problem may be caused by incompatibility of the Weather app. You can try to delete the Weather app, and reinstall it.
Solution 4: Edit Weather Widget to Fix Black Weather Widget after Update iOS 16/15/14 Beta
Some people may get black weather widget on iOS 14/15/16 beta and the widget just doesn't load information. You can follow the steps below if you have the same problem.
1. Long press the weather widget and then choose Edit Widget.
2. Set the location and this should fix your problem.
If the above steps did not work, you can tap Remove the weather widget and add weather widget again.
1. To add widget, long press the phone screen, and then you can find the Add button at the upper left corner.
2. Tap Add button and widget settings panel will pop up.
3. Select Weather widget and tap Add Widget button.
4. Confirm your location and Tap Done.
Solution 5: Downgrade iOS System to Fix Weather Widget Not Working on iOS 16/15/14
The ultimate solution for weather widget not showing correct location is that you can try to downgrade iOS once the two ways above all failed to fix the weather widget problem. Downgrading iOS with iTunes can be a total disaster. You need to search for the appropriate firmware and download. There is a great possibility that your device will stuck in recovery mode or Apple logo, even crash during downgrading. How to downgrade your iOS system in an easier and safer way? You can use UltFone iOS System Recovery tool to downgrade iOS 16/15/14 safely.
The key features of the software include:
- Just one click to enter and exit recovery mode without pressing any button.
- Easily downgrade iOS system without tech knowledge about IPSW.
- Perform factory reset on iOS devices without any password.
- Repair 150+ iOS system problems like black screen, spinning wheel.
1. Connect your iPhone/iPad to your PC and run iOS system repair tool. This software will automatically recognize your device.
2. Click "Start" in the main interface, then select "Standard Repair". It can tell the current official firmware edition.
3. Click “Download” to download iOS firmware. Or click “Import” if you already have iOS firmware on your PC, Once completed, click “Start Standard Repair” to finish the downgrading.
This passage introduces 4 ways to fix weather widget not working on iOS 16/15/14. It can be applied for your iPhone 6/6 Plus/6s/6s Plus/7/7 Plus/8/8 Plus/X/11/12 and iPad Pro/Air/Mini. If you have any other better solution for this problem, please comment below to let more people know. If any other iOS problems trouble you, please feel free to ask.