How to Fix iPad Stuck on Charging Screen [iPadOS 17 Supported]
My iPad is stuck on the low battery/ plug to charge screen. It won't take a charge from any source. It also isn't recognized by iTunes on my PC. I need help please I've tried everything that I know.
Picture this frustrating scenario: you've plugged in your iPad, expecting it to charge smoothly, but instead, it's stuck on the charging screen, leaving you wondering what's gone wrong. In this article, we'll delve into the common reasons behind ipad stuck on charging screen issue and guide you through effective solutions to break free from the charging screen limbo and restore your iPad's normal operation. Don't let this setback hold you back; we've got the answers you need to get your iPad back in action.
- Part 1: Why is My iPad Stuck on the Charging Screen?
- Part 2: How to Fix iPad Stuck on Battery Charging Screen? - 5 Basic Ways
- Part 3: What Else Do You Do When iPad Stuck on the Charging Screen - 3 Deeper Ways
- Part 4: How Long Does It Take for Your iPad to Charge 1 Percent?
Part 1: Why is My iPad Stuck on the Charging Screen?
Some people are curious about why is my ipad only showing the battery sign. For several reasons, your iPad shows battery with red line but won't turn on. Sometimes, a bug or glitch is making it stuck on the charging animation, or your device's iOS firmware package is corrupted with malware.
However, there can also be hardware issues, such as your device battery isn’t calibrated, not charging properly because of hardware problems, and overheating can also cause such issues.
Part 2: How to Fix iPad Stuck on Battery Charging Screen? - 5 Basic Ways
Here’s how to fix ipad stuck on battery screen with simple solutions. We’ve listed the number of them; you can try them one by one or jump on them immediately if you are certain about the issue.
Way 1: Check the Charging Cable and Adapter
First, you should ensure that your charging cable and adapter are properly operational. Check it out by plugging any other iOS device or changing the wall outlet. If none of these seems to work, your iOS device’s battery isn’t the issue.
Way 2: Simple Restart the iPad
A software bug or glitch can make your iPad stuck on low battery screen. Restarting your iPad can solve minor software errors. Here’s how to restart your iPad:
Follow the steps below to restart the iPad with a home button. Press and hold the Home Button and the Power Button. Release both when you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Follow the steps below to restart an iPad without the home button. Press and hold the Volume Up, Down, and Power simultaneously, and don’t let go until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Way 3: Drain the Battery to Let the Device Gets Turned off
- The battery calibration is built-in software in the batteries that reads the battery percentage. There can be a possibility that the battery calibration is imbalanced.
- Try fixing your iPad stuck on charging screen issue by draining the battery to its lowest and letting your iPad get turned off. You can quickly drain your device's battery by turning on the Bluetooth, Data Connection, Wifi, GPS, and Flashlight.
Way 4: Heat the iPhone Battery if Necessary
Heating the device battery can increase the flow of voltage in the battery. If you haven’t used your device in a while, try resolving your iPhone/iPad stuck on the charging screen issue by disconnecting your iPhone/iPad from the charging cable and heating it.
The simplest way to heat your device battery is using the hair dryer. Blow the air on the phone's backside to target the battery effectively. Keep heating it for 30 to 40 seconds, and then try charging it again.
Way 5: Connect Your iPad to a Computer
This method might seem strange, but connecting your iPad to the PC or Mac can move your device past the charging screen. Connecting your device with the computer will detect the prompt sent by the computer and get unstuck on the charging screen.
Part 3: What Else Do You Do When iPad Stuck on the Charging Screen - 3 Deeper Ways
Don’t worry, if you haven’t been able to resolve the issue with the methods mentioned above, there’s still hope to fix an iPad stuck on the charging screen. Try fixing the problems with the advanced method discussed below.
Way 1: Fix iPhone/iPad Stuck on the Charging Screen via iOS System Repair (Most Effective)
A stubborn glitch or bug can make your iPad stuck on red battery screen, and you’ll need a power tool like UltFone iOS System Repair to remove them from your device’s system. UltFone iOS System Repair is a professional tool that lets you resolve up to 150+ iOS problems on your iPhone/iPad device without seeking the help of any experts. It can resolve issues like the iPad stuck on charging screen, frozen screen, black screen, stuck on the Apple logo, and all other common iOS problems.
- Fix 150+ iOS/iPadOS system issues like charging screen, apple logo, reboot loop without data loss.
- Downgrade from iOS 17 without iTunes.
- Support all iOS versions and iPhone models, including iPhone 15 series and iOS 17.
- 1-Click to enter and exit recovery mode on iPhone/iPad
- Reset iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch without password/iTunes/Finder.
Step 1Download and install the software from your computer. After that, run the software and use an USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer. Once the iPhone is detected, click “Start”.
Step 2click "Standard Repair" to proceed. Before performing the system repair, you need to click the "Download" button to download the automatically matched firmware package for your device.
Step 3With the firmware package downloaded successfully, please click "Start Standard Repair" to fix the iOS issues on your device. After that, please wait for a few minutes to repair iOS system. Wait a moment, your iPad stuck on 1 percent have been fixed.
Way 2: Enter the Recovery Mode on Your iPad
Another effective and advanced method to resolve iPad charging symbol when dead is to boot it into the Recovery mode and then force restarting or factory resetting it to resolve the issue.
To avoid the complex iTunes method to boot your device into recovery mode, use UltFone iOS System Repair software. It’s much easier and simpler to get your device into recovery mode - just by one click process.
Way 3: Restore Your iPad via iTunes or DFU Mode [Data Loss Risk]
- If still your iPad stuck on dead battery screen, try fixing the issue by upgrading or downgrading the iOS version. The iOS beta version mainly causes problems like iPhone/iPad stuck on the charging screen, and if you have recently installed the iOS beta on your iOS device, downgrading the iOS firmware version might resolve the issue.
- However, it’s worth noting that there’s a risk of getting your device’s data lost; if you deliberately restore the device to the factory settings in the DFU, you’ll lose all of your data on the device.
- After booting your device into DFU mode, you’ll have to interface it with iTunes to upgrade or downgrade. You can also use the UltFone iOS system repair tool to do so.
Part 4: How Long Does It Take for Your iPad to Charge 1 Percent?
When your iPad’s battery is completely dead, it won't turn on immediately untill you put it on charge. Connect it with the charger, wait for it to charge for 15 minutes and then check it out.
There can be several reasons behind the persistent iPad stuck on charging screen. We discussed the top 9 ways to resolve the issue. Mainly these are caused by software-related glitches, and bugs cause them. UltFone iOS System Repair can help you resolve all types of iOS software-related issues with a one-click process.