Step by Step Guide on How to Customize Widgets on iPhone
Apple devices had never supported to personalize widgets on the home screen, but the latest update to iOS 14 is a game-changer. Customizing home screen widgets is definitely a highlighted feature of the latest update. The iOS Widgets allow you to have your favourite widget patterns at your main desk.
Widgets come in a variety of sizes and can be added to your home screen alongside your main applications. The widgets gallery has a wide variety of widgets from numerous apps on your phone so that you have multiple options to choose from. The best thing about the widgets on the iPhone home screen is the leverage to customize them as per your preference. Below we have a detailed step by step guide on how to customize widgets on iPhone.
- What Apps Offer Widgets on iOS 14
- How to Customize Widgets on iPhone iOS 14 with WidgetSmith
- Bug Fixed: What to do if iPhone Stuck on Widget Screen iOS 14
What Apps Offer Widgets on iOS 14
Many iPhone applications have come up with stylish widgets that are available to be applied to your home screen. Be it the management of your finances or having a list of your past workout session, the new iOS widgets allow you to have each of the information at your iPhone's main screen. We list some major apps of multiple sections below.
- CoPilot: the Smart Money App
- Nudget: Budgeting Made Simple
Lifestyle and Health
- Pillow Automatic Sleep Tracker
- Personal Best Workouts
- Dark Noise – White noise
- Power Player Music Player
- Nighthawk for Twitter
- Apollo for Reddit and many more
Travelling and Navigation
News and Information
- Book Track — Library Manager
- Glimpse 2
The sections above contain some of the many applications that support iOS widgets. We also expect some of the major applications to come up with widgets after the latest update.
How to Customize Widgets on iPhone iOS 14 with WidgetSmith
WidgetSmith, named after its creator David Smith, allows you to edit and customize multiple widgets. It allows you to change the font, color, size or background image of the iOS widget so that your screen looks the way you want it to. Below, we explain how to use WidgetSmith to customize iOS home screen widgets in simple steps.
- Step 1. Firstly, you would need to download WidgetSmith from App store.
- Step 2. Open the app, and it would display three widget sizes to choose from. Click on your favourite size.
- Step 3. Click on the default widget to customize it.
- Step 4. Scroll down the styles column to choose the best style: you can change the font/tint/background color from their respective columns.
- Step 5. Once you are done with the editing, save the widget.
- Step 6. Long press your home screen till the apps start vibrating. Click on the "+" sign at the top to add the widget.
- Step 7. Scroll down the list to WidgetSmith.
- Step 8. Long press your home screen till the apps start vibrating.
- Step 9. Click on the "+" sign at the top to add the widget. Pressing on it shall display your customized widget.
- Step 10. Tap on the widget of your choice and place it on your main screen. Click done when ready.
That's it. Following the procedure shall help you customize your home screen widgets to a new and different look.
What to do if iPhone Stuck on Widget Screen iOS 14
Getting stuck on the iPhone widget screen is a major annoyance, especially when it gets in the way of important alerts. And if you are confused about why this happens, we have the answer to your perplexed state. It usually occurs due to some software bugs that cause the widgets on the iPhone home screen to misfunction. Fortunately, this annoying issue can be fixed by a third-party application UltFone iOS System Repair. It is a powerful software to repair the iOS system without data loss. It has an easy to use interface and provides an effortless solution to fix various iPhone issues. The significant options available in Ultfone iOS System repair are:
- Fix 150+ iOS system issues like Apple logo, reboot loop, and black screen without any data loss.
- Factory reset your iOS devices without password.
- Repair 200+ iTunes errors without data loss.
Here is the procedure you need to follow:
Step 1 Download and launch UltFone iOS System Repair on your computer and connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable. Select the "Repair Operating System" option from the main screen.
Step 2In the next screen, click on the "Fix Now" option to proceed.
Step 3Now, download the firmware package that automatically matches your device.
Step 4 After the download, click on the "Repair Now" button to repair iPhone stuck on widget screen iOS 14.
That's all, your iPhone will get back to normal in a few minutes.
After going through the article, you shall have a clear understanding of applying widgets to your home screen and make it look more elegant. But if this leads to any lag in your phone, we provide you with the best fix to the annoying issue using the UltFone iOS System Repair. Furthermore, the software is capable of repairing 150+ iOS system problems. If you are an iPhone user, then UltFone iOS System Repair is a must-have for you.