[2024 Newest] How to Fix iPhone 15 Touch Screen Not Working
iPhone 15 Pro touchscreen issue.A couple of times today the touchscreen was unresponsive. After a few seconds it did respond,. Anyone else experiencing this?
The iPhone 15 Pro is Apple's latest flagship phone, featuring an impressive 6.7-inch OLED display with always-on functionality. However, some users have reported issues with the touchscreen being unresponsive or laggy. This can be incredibly frustrating, especially for a brand new $1000+ device.
In this article, we will explore some potential solutions and troubleshooting steps you can take if your iPhone 15 Pro touchscreen is unresponsive or laggy.
- Part 1. Why Did My Touchscreen Suddenly Stop Working?
- Part 2. What To Do If My iPhone Screen is Not Responding to Touch?
- Fix 1. Keep Fingers and Screen Clean
- Fix 2. Restart iPhone 15 to Fix iPhone Screen Not Working
- Fix 3. Charge iDevice with Original Charger
- Fix 4. Check 3D Touch Sensitivity
- Fix 5. Restore Apple Device via iTunes (Data Loss)
- Part 3. Ultimate Tips to Fix iPhone 15 Touch Screen Not Working [No Data Loss]
Part 1. Why Did My Touchscreen Suddenly Stop Working?
There are a few potential reasons why your iPhone 15 Pro touchscreen may have suddenly become unresponsive or laggy:
Software glitch - A bug in iOS can sometimes cause touchscreen issues. A reset or software update may resolve it.
App conflict - An app may be disrupting the touchscreen response. Try force closing recently downloaded apps.
Hardware problem - Issues with the screen digitizer cable or damage can lead to an unresponsive touchscreen.
Dirty screen - Debris, grease, and dirt on the screen surface can interfere with touch sensitivity. Clean your screen.
Extreme temperatures - Very cold or hot temperatures can temporarily affect touchscreen responsiveness.
Moisture in charging port - Liquid damage can impact touchscreen functionality if moisture gets into the charging port.
Outdated firmware - Make sure your iPhone is updated to the latest firmware for any touchscreen patches.
Part 2. What To Do If My iPhone Screen is Not Responding to Touch?
Fix 1. Keep Fingers and Screen Clean
Dirt, debris, and moisture on your fingers or iPhone screen can cause touchscreen issues. Make sure to keep your hands clean and wipe the screen with a soft, lint-free cloth before use. Avoid getting moisture in openings like the charging port.
Steps to clean your iPhone 15 Pro screen:
- 1. Turn off your iPhone and unplug any cables.
- 2. Use a soft, dry microfiber cloth to wipe away any fingerprints or dust.
- 3. For stuck-on debris, lightly dampen the cloth with water and gently rub.
- 4. Dry the screen thoroughly with a clean part of the cloth before turning your iPhone back on.
Fix 2. Restart iPhone 15 to Fix iPhone Screen Not Working
A simple restart can resolve temporary software glitches causing unresponsive touchscreens. To restart your iPhone 15 Pro to fix phone screen touch not working, follow these steps:
- 1. Press and hold the Side/Power button and either Volume button until the power off slider appears.
- 2. Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone.
- 3. Once the screen goes black, press and hold the Side button again until you see the Apple logo to reboot your iPhone.
If unresponsive, force restart by quickly pressing and releasing Volume Up and Volume Down and then holding the Side button.
Fix 3. Charge iDevice with Original Charger
Use the original Apple charging cable and adapter that came with your iPhone 15 Pro rather than third-party accessories. In some cases, touchscreen issues are resolved by charging with Apple's official charger and Lightning cable.
- 1. Connect your iPhone 15 Pro to the Apple USB-C to Lightning cable and 20W power adapter included with your device.
- 2. Charge until the battery icon indicates your iPhone is fully charged.
- 3. Test touchscreen responsiveness. If the issue persists, move on to other solutions.
Fix 4. Check 3D Touch Sensitivity
For iPhone models with 3D Touch, you can adjust the touchscreen sensitivity in your settings. Higher sensitivity may resolve unresponsiveness.
To adjust iPhone 15 touch sensitivity, follow these steps:
- 1. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility.
- 2. Tap 3D Touch.
- 3. Drag the sensitivity slider to your preferred level - Light, Medium, or Firm.
- 4. Test your touchscreen again and adjust as needed.
Fix 5. Restore Apple Device via iTunes (Data Loss)
As a last resort, you can wipe and restore your iPhone software using iTunes on a computer. This will erase your device and reinstall a clean OS, potentially fixing software-related touch issues.
Here is how to fix touch screen not working on iPhone 15:
- 1. Back up your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes so you don't lose data.
- 2. Install the latest iTunes on a computer and connect your iPhone via cable.
- 3. In iTunes, click your device icon and then Summary.
- 4. Click Restore iPhone - this will wipe your device and reinstall the OS.
- 5. Follow the prompts to finish the restore process. Test the touchscreen afterward.
- 6. Restore your data and settings from the backup once finished.
Part 3. Ultimate Tips to Fix iPhone 15 Touch Screen Not Working [No Data Loss]
If the troubleshooting steps don't resolve your iPhone 15 Pro touchscreen issues, there is another option to try - using a dedicated iOS repair software like UltFone iOS System Repair.
UltFone iOS System Repair is an advanced utility that can fix 150+ different iOS system problems, including touchscreen unresponsiveness, without erasing your data.
Some key benefits over standard iTunes restores include:
- Repair common issues like the Apple logo, stuck on boot, black screen, etc.
- Downgrade iOS or exit recovery mode without data loss
- No need to factory reset the device or restore and lose data
- Much easier and faster than iTunes solutions
- Works for all iPhone models, including the latest iPhone 15
- 100% safe system repair without technical skills needed
UltFone iOS System Repair scans your device to diagnose the issue and implements targeted repairs of core system files and settings to resolve software-related problems. For touchscreen issues, it can rebuild essential touch drivers and components to restore full responsiveness.
Here is how to fix if your iPhone 15 or iPad touch screen not working even after hard reset:
- Step 1Download and install UltFone iOS System Repair on your Windows or Mac computer. Launch the program and connect your iPhone 15 Pro to the computer using the USB cable that came with your device.
- Step 2In UltFone iOS System Repair, click "Standard Repair" to start the repair process. This will scan your iPhone 15 Pro and detect any system-level issues causing the touchscreen to be unresponsive.
- Step 3UltFone will automatically detect your iPhone model and prompt you to download the correct firmware file needed for the repair. Choose a location to save the firmware package and click "Download."
- Step 4Once the firmware is downloaded, click "Start Standard Repair." UltFone will now fix corrupted files, conflicts, and settings related to the touchscreen drivers to resolve the unresponsiveness.
- Step 5Be patient during the repair process. Do not disconnect your iPhone 15 Pro until the repair is fully complete. This will fix the touchscreen issue without erasing any of your data.
iPhone 15 or iPhone 14 screen unresponsive can be incredibly frustrating, but the issue can often be resolved with a few targeted troubleshooting steps. Start by cleaning the screen, restarting the device, adjusting touch sensitivity, and using original charging accessories.
For software-level problems that persist, UltFone iOS System Repair provides a powerful data-safe repair option that can accurately diagnose and fix underlying iOS issues causing touchscreen malfunctions. With the right approach, you can get your iPhone 15 Pro's touchscreen working and responsive again quickly.