Troubleshooting iPhone 15 Not Charging: Effective Solutions
There's nothing more frustrating than picking up your iPhone 15 only to find it won't charge or recognize your charging cable. A blank screen when you plug in your iPhone usually means there's an underlying issue preventing your device from charging properly.
Keep reading to learn the top reasons why won't my iPhone 15 charge or recognize a cable and actionable solutions to resolve the charging issues. With a few quick checks and tweaks, you can get your iPhone 15 up and charging once more.
- Part 1. Why Won't My iPhone 15 Charge?
- Part 2. How Do You Fix an iPhone that Won't Charge?
- 2.1 Restart Your iPhone
- 2.2 Replace Your Charging Cable or Adapter
- 2.3 Perform a Hard Reset on Your iPhone
- 2.4 Reset Network Settings
- 2.5 Fastest & Easiest Way to Fix iPhone 15 Not Charging through iOS System Repair Tool
- Part 3. People Also Ask about iPhone 15 Not Charging
Part 1. Why Won't My iPhone 15 Charge?
Many people are curious about why isn't my iPhone 15 charging. The most common reasons an iPhone won't charge but turns on when connected to power include a worn charging port, a completely drained battery, defective charging cable or adapter, iOS software issues, problems with the wall outlet, and water damage.
Here are the reasons in detail why iPhone 15 pro not charging:
- Faulty Lightning Port Prevents Charging: The most obvious place to check is the Lightning port itself. If the port is damaged, with bent or broken pins, the charger won't make the connection it needs to charge your iPhone. Debris and gunk buildup in the port can also block the charger from properly seating.
- Drained Battery Needs Time to Recharge: If you’ve run your iPhone battery all the way down to 0%, it may take some time before it will turn on and start recharging when plugged in.
- Worn Out Charging Cables and Adapters: With repeated use over time, charging cables and wall adapters can become defective. A fraying charging cable or malfunctioning wall adapter will interrupt the flow of electricity to your iPhone.
- Outdated or Buggy iOS Software: Software issues like outdated iOS versions or new buggy updates can prevent an iPhone from charging properly. Make sure your iPhone has the latest iOS updates installed to fix iPhone 15 pro won't charge.
- Faulty Electrical Outlet: Before blaming your iPhone or chargers, make sure the electrical outlet is functioning correctly. Loose, damaged, or improperly wired outlets may not deliver consistent power to your chargers.
- Liquid Damage Prevents Charging: The Liquid Contact Indicator inside your iPhone changes color if water seeps into the device. Water damage can cause charging failures. Carefully examine the LCI through the SIM card tray using a flashlight.
Part 2. How Do You Fix an iPhone that Won't Charge?
Here is how to fix iPhone charge for a second then stop:
2.1 Restart Your iPhone
Restarting your iPhone is a basic first step when troubleshooting charging issues. A simple restart can clear any minor software glitches preventing charging.
To restart an iPhone 15:
1. Press and hold the Side button and either Volume button until the power off slider appears.
2. Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone.
3. After 30 seconds, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo to turn your iPhone back on.
Restarting gives your iPhone a fresh start, which may resolve quirky charging problems.
2.2 Replace Your Charging Cable or Adapter
If your iPhone doesn't charge with one Lightning cable or wall adapter, try using a different cable and adapter. Faulty cables and adapters are a common reason an iPhone won't charge.
- Try charging your iPhone with the cable and adapter that came in the iPhone box, if available.
- Swap in any other official Apple charging cables and adapters you have.
- Test with cables and adapters you know work properly with other devices.
2.3 Perform a Hard Reset on Your iPhone
A hard reset clears out and reloads the entire software of your iPhone. It wipes out any corrupted data or settings that could be preventing charging.
To hard reset an iPhone 15:
1. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
2. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
3. Finally, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
2.4 Reset Network Settings
Resetting your network settings can be a useful step in resolving connectivity problems that might be causing your new iphone 15 not charging. Here's how to do it:
- 1. Navigate to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- 2. Select Reset and then tap Reset Network Settings.
- 3. Your iPhone will prompt you for your passcode. Enter it and then tap Reset Network Settings again.
- 4. After the reset, your iPhone will reboot, and your network settings will be returned to their default configurations.
2.5 Fastest & Easiest Way to Fix iPhone 15 Not Charging through iOS System Repair Tool
If basic troubleshooting hasn't resolved your iPhone 15 charging issues, the powerful UltFone iOS System Repair tool offers an advanced repair option without losing data.
UltFone iOS System Repair is a professional-grade utility that can fix over 150 iOS system problems without data loss, including iPhone 15, 15 pro max, or iPhone 15 pro not charging issues or iPhone 15 not charging in car. It goes beyond basic resets to repair core system files, settings, and software errors causing charging problems.
Key benefits of UltFone iOS System Repair include:
One-click to fix common issues like the iPhone not charging, stuck on Apple logo, stuck on recovery mode, looping restart, and black screen.
Repairs iPhone system fully without deleting any data or settings.
More effective than basic resets and restores, which erase the iPhone.
Safer alternative to risky DIY firmware flashing methods
Watch the Video Guide to See How to Fix iPhone 15 Not Charging
Here is how to use the UltFone iOS System Repair tool:
- Step 1Download and install the UltFone iOS System Repair software on your Windows or Mac computer. Connect your iPhone 15 to the computer with a USB cable when prompted.
- Step 2In UltFone, click "Start" and select "Standard Repair" to begin troubleshooting the charging issue.
- Step 3UltFone will automatically detect your iPhone model and download the correct firmware file to facilitate the repair.
- Step 4Once ready, click "Start Standard Repair" to let UltFone analyze your iPhone and fix any iOS issues causing the charging failure. Don't disconnect your iPhone during this process.
- Step 5The repair will take several minutes to complete. UltFone will note when the process is finished, and your iPhone will reboot, now with charging restored.
Part 3. People Also Ask about iPhone 15 Not Charging
Q1. Can iPhone 15 charge wirelessly?
The Apple iPhone 15 is compatible with the Qi2 wireless charging standard, with a caveat. Apple specifies that the iPhone 15 series supports both MagSafe and future Qi2 wireless charging. This means that the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro are the inaugural devices to embrace the Qi2 wireless charging standard, but there's more to the story.
Q2. Does the iPhone 15 have a different charger?
All the latest iPhone 15 models have made a significant shift, replacing the Lightning port with a USB-C port. This transition marks a notable change. Updated on September 12, 2023, we've incorporated official details from the Apple September Event to keep you informed about this important shift.
An iPhone 15 dead and won't charge can be extremely frustrating, but the situation is rarely hopeless. In most cases, the charging issue can be pinpointed to a worn charging port, faulty cable, software glitch, or other basic problem using systematic troubleshooting.
Work through basic steps like cleaning the port, trying new cables, restarting the device, or updating iOS. For more stubborn charging failures, advanced repair tools like UltFone iOS System Repair to fix without data loss.