4 Ways: How to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
WhatsApp is a very popular communication app for many users as it allows chatting, sending messages/photos to family and friends. When you switch from Android to iPhone, you definitely want to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone. Here in this guide, we'll introduce you 3 useful methods on how to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone 12/11/X/8/7/6 free. Check them out and pick the one you prefer.
- Part 1: The Handiest Way to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
- Part 2: Can I Restore WhatsApp Backup from Android to iPhone?
- Part 3: How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to iPhone Free Using Email without PC
- Part 4: Can I Transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to iPhone with Move to iOS?
Part 1: The Handiest Way to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
This is the top recommended method to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone 12/11/X/8/7/6 by using the UltFone WhatsApp Transfer tool. You don't need a backup to move WhatsApp from Android to iPhone and this method won't cause any unexpected problems like transfer failure or data wipe. Not only WhatsApp messages will be transfered to your iPhone, but also WhatsApp contacts, call history and all the other multimedia files inside the chat conversation can be transferred to iPhone.
Key Features of UltFone WhatsApp Transfer
- Back up WhatsApp on iPhone/Android for free.
- Easily transfer WhatsApp from Android to iOS, iOS to Android, Android to Android, and iOS to iOS.
- Transfer WhatsApp Business from Android to iPhone.
- Support all iPhone models and Android models.
- Work on both Windows and Mac systems.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to iPhone 12 and Older Models Easily
Download and install this program on your PC or Mac computer, then follow the steps below to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone.
Step 1 Launch this program on your computer and connect both your Android and iPhone devices to it.
Step 2 Prior to transfer, please make a new backup on your Android phone. Click Continue after the backup is completed.
Step 3 Getting WhatsApp data from the Android device.
Step 4 Follow the on-screen instructions to verify your WhatsApp backup account.
Step 5 Generating WhatsApp data that can be restored.
Step 6 Now, your WhatsApp messages have transferred to iPhone successfully.
You may also be interested in:
Part 2: Can I Restore WhatsApp Backup from Android to iPhone?
No, you can not transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone through backup. Since when you backup WhatsApp on Android devices, the backup is actually backed up to Google Drive so you can only restore WhatsApp data from Google Drive. But iPhone backed up WhatsApp in iCloud, which is a totally different cloud storage platform. Google and iCloud adopted different storing ways and algorithm, so if you want to transfer WhatsApp from Google Drive to iCloud, it'll finally let you down.
But you can still backup WhatsApp to your local storage, in order to back up WhatsApp to local storage, you will have to select Back up to Google Drive to never, otherwise it will be backed up to Google Drive. And if your phone has a SD card, you can backup to SD card and then move the SD card to new Android phone. But as you know, iPhone did not support SD card at all.
Part 3: Transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to iPhone Free Using Email without Computer
Email is another feasible way to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone free. And the process is pretty easy to operate.
- 1. Open WhatsApp and tap Settings -> Chat Settings -> Chat History -> Email chat.
- 2. Select the chat history files from Android phone and choose to email with or without medis.
3. Send the files to the email account you have logged in on your iPhone or iPad.
Part 4: Can I Transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to iPhone 12 with Move to iOS?
No, you can't. Apple Inc. has developed an app called Move to iOS, which is able to transfer data from Android to iOS for free. But in fact it doesn't support to transfer WhatsApp, music and passwords from Android to iPhone. If you want to transfer other data, download the application from Google Play and follow the instructions below.
- 1. On the iPhone setup screen, tap "Move Data from Android" in the App & Data screen.
- 2. Open "Move to iOS" on Android phone and tap "Continue".
- 3. Tap "Continue" on iPhone and wait for the code to appear.
- 4. Enter the code on Android device and select WhatsApp data, tap "Next".
- 5. Once the loading bar completes, tap "Done" on Android phone and tap "Continue" on iPhone to perform the following setup steps.
This article has shown you several ways to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone 12/11/X/8/7/6. Choose the one according to your device situation and good luck on the process. Still UltFone WhatsApp Tranfer is the top-recommended method to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone as it is really easy to operate.