How to Turn off Find My iPhone on a Broken/Damaged iPhone- 2021 Updated
How to Turn Off Find My iPhone on a Damaged iPhone Screen?
A broken screen can be the biggest nightmare for an iPhone user. Of course, if your phone is still under the warranty period, you can get the screen replaced at the official service center. But, before you leave your phone at the service center, there are a few things that you should remember. First of all, backup all your files from the iPhone to a safe location so that you don’t have to deal with data loss in the future. Secondly, you’ll also need to turn off “Find My iPhone” before you leave your device at the service center. But, since your iPhone’s screen is damaged, you’ll have to resort to different methods to disable the feature. In this guide, we are going to share the best techniques on how to turn off “find my iphone” when iphone is broken.
- Part 1: How to Turn off Find My iPhone on a Broken iPhone [with Password]
- Part 2: How to Turn off Find My iPhone When iPhone is Broken/Damaged [without Password]
- Bonus Tips: How to Export Data on iPhone with Broken Screen
Part 1: How to Turn off Find My iPhone on a Broken iPhone [with Password]
The most convenient way to turn off “find My iPhone” on a broken iPhone is to go to iCloud.com. If you remember your Apple ID credentials, it’ll only take a few minutes to disable the feature remotely. Let’s take you through the step-by-step process to turn off find my iPhone when you remember the Apple ID password.
- Step 1 - Go to iCloud.com on your PC and sign-in with your iCloud credentials.
- Step 2 - Select Find My iPhone” from the list.
- Step 3 - Now, use the drop-down menu to select your device on which you want to disable Find My iPhone.
- Step 4 - Finally, click Remove from Account to complete the process.
That’s it; now the “Find My iPhone” will be disabled and you can leave your broken device at the service center.
Part 2: How to Turn off Find My iPhone When iPhone is Broken/Damaged [without Password]
Now, what if you don’t remember the password of your iCloud account? No doubt, the process will become slightly challenging, but you can still turn off the “find my iPhone” feature. To do this, you’ll have to install UltFone Activation Unlocker on your PC. It’s a professional tool that’s designed to help iPhone users bypass the iCloud activation lock on their devices. However, it also comes with a dedicated “turn off find My iPhone” feature that’ll allow you to disable the feature remotely. Even if you don’t remember the password of your iCloud account, you can easily turn off “Find My iPhone”. UltFone Activation Unlocker is available for both Windows and macOS, making it easier for everyone to install and use the application.
Here are a few key features of UltFone Activation Unlocker:
- Bypass iCloud activation lock on your iPhone and iPad
- Turn-off “Find My iPhone” remotely without using the password
- Compatible with different iOS versions
Available for both Windows and macOS
So, here’s the detailed process on how to turn off “Find My iPhone” on a damaged iPhone using UltFone Activation Unlocker.
- Step 1 Install UltFone on your PC and launch the software. On its home screen, click Turn Off Find My iPhone to get started.
- Step 2 In the next screen, click Start.
- Step 3 Now, read the agreement carefully and click Next to proceed further.
- Step 4 Then, connect your iPhone to the PC using a lightning cable.
- Step 5 Once the device gets recognized, UltFone will start downloading the Jailbreak Tool. Be patient and make sure that your PC is connected to the Internet.
- Step 6 After the downloading process completes, you’ll have to flash the Jailbreak Tool to a USB drive. To do this, connect an empty flash drive and use the drop-down menu to select it. Then, click Start to initiate the process.
- Step 7 As soon as the tool completes installing the jailbreak tool, follow the on-screen instructions to jailbreak your iPhone.
- Step 8 Once your device is jailbroken, click Start in the next screen to initiate the process of turning off Find My iPhone. Before proceeding further, make sure to disconnect your device from the Internet.
- Step 9 UltFone will start disabling the Find My iPhone feature remotely and once the process completes, you’ll see a confirmation message on your screen.
So, that’s how you can disable “Find My iPhone” when you don’t remember the Apple ID credentials.
Bonus Tips: How to Export Data on iPhone with Broken Screen
Now, that you know how to turn off “Find My iPhone” when the iPhone is broken, let’s take a look at how to back up your data from the device. As we mentioned earlier, it’s crucial to back up all your files from the iPhone before you leave it at the service center. While there are different methods to recover your data from a broken iPhone, we recommend using UltFone iOS Data Recovery It’s a fully-functional data recovery software that’ll help retrieve different types of files from your damaged iPhone. Whether you’ve shattered the iPhone’s screen or it has experienced water damage, UltFone iOS Data Recovery will help you retrieve all your files without any hassle. The tool supports a wide variety of file formats, which means you’ll be able to retrieve media files, documents, and even app data. UltFone offers three different recovery modes to help users retrieve data in different types of situations.
Follow these steps to retrieve your data from the broken iPhone using UltFone iOS Data Recovery.
- Step 1 Install and launch the software on your computer and click Recover Data from iOS Devices.
- Step 2 Grab the lightning cable again and connect your damaged iPhone to the PC.
- Step 3 Once your device gets recognized, choose the data types that you want to get back and click Scan to initiate the scanning process.
- Step 4 UltFone will display all the scanned files on your screen. Now, browse through the results and select the files that you want to recover. Then click Recover to PC to securely store the selected files on your computer.
It’s no denying the fact that “Find My iPhone” is a great feature in iDevices, considering it’ll allow you to locate your lost/stolen phone. However, if you’re stuck with a damaged iPhone and want to get it repaired, you’ll have to turn off the feature beforehand. The above-mentioned methods will help you turn off “Find My iPhone” when iPhone is broken. And, in case you don’t remember the Apple ID password, you can use UltFone Activation Unlocker to successfully disable the feature.