How to Turn off Find My iPhone from Windows and Mac Computer [2023 Updated]
It’s no secret that “Find My iPhone” is one of the most useful features of an iOS device. It lets users remotely locate their iPhone/iPad in case it goes missing or gets stolen. You can even virtually wipe your entire data if you’re unable to locate the device. The truth is “Find My iPhone” has helped many users find their lost devices and save hundreds of dollars. However, there are many situations when you’ll need to turn-off this feature. For instance, if you’re planning to sell your device to someone else, it’ll be important to disable “Find My iPhone” first. Similarly, if you’re leaving your device at the service center, you’ll be asked to disable the feature as well. So, in this article, we are going to discuss how to turn off Find My iPhone from the computer so that you can disable the feature without any hassle.
- Part 1: What's the Difference between Find My iPhone and Activation Lock?
- Part 2: How to Turn off Find My iPhone from Computer on iCloud.com [For Both Windows and Mac Computer]
- Part 3: How to Turn off Find My iPhone on Mac Computer
- Part 4: How to Turn off Find My iPhone from Computer without Password
- Bonus Tips: Turn off Find My iPhone on Phone with Password
Part 1: What's the Difference between Find My iPhone and Activation Lock?
Many iOS users get confused between Find My iPhone and Activation Lock. It’s worth noting that these two are slightly different from each other. “Find My iPhone” is a feature that’s designed to help users locate their stolen/lost iDevices. However, “Activation Lock” is an iOS feature that restricts unauthorized people from accessing your device (when it gets stolen or lost). Basically, when your iPhone or iPad goes missing, the ‘activation lock’ will automatically get enabled if “Find My iPhone” is turned on. So, when you want to sell your device to someone else or leave it at the service, it’ll be crucial to disable “Find My iPhone” so that the activation lock doesn’t get activated.
Part 2: How to Turn off Find My iPhone from Computer on iCloud.com [For Both Windows and Mac Computer]
The easiest way to turn off “Find My iPhone” from the computer is to sign into your iCloud account. Whether you’re using Windows or Mac, you can easily log into your iCloud account and disable “Find My iPhone” with one click.
Follow these steps to turn off Find My iPhone from a PC using iCloud.com.
- 1.Open the web browser on your PC and go to iCloud.com. Sign in with your iCloud credentials to get started.
- 2.Tap the Settings icon and expand the My Devices list. Select the device on which you want to turn off “Find My iPhone” and then, click the Remove icon to remove it from the list.
That’s it; “Find My iPhone” will be disabled on the selected devices and you’ll be able to sell it to someone else easily.
Part 3: How to Turn off Find My iPhone on Mac Computer
Alternatively, you can also use your Macbook to directly disable “Find My iPhone”. This method will be helpful for users who have configured “Find My iPhone” for their Macbook as well. Like an iPhone or iPad, it’ll be crucial to disable the feature before you give away the Macbook to someone else.
Let us walk you through the step-by-step procedure to turn off “Find My iPhone” on your mac OS.
- 1.On your Macbook, go to System Preferences and select your Apple ID.
- 2.Then, uncheck the Find My Mac option.
- 3.Enter your Apple ID password and click Continue to complete the process.
So, that’s how to turn off “Find My iPhone” from your Mac computer.
Part 4: How to Turn off Find My iPhone from Computer without Password
Now, whether you use a Windows system or a Macbook, you’ll need your Apple ID credentials to turn off Find My iPhone. But, there are many situations when the users don’t know the password and can’t disable the feature using any of the above-mentioned methods. If that’s the case, we recommend using UltFone Activation Unlocker to turn off “Find My iPhone”. It is a professional Activation Unlocker that’s primarily tailored to help iOS users bypass the activation lock on their iPhone. However, it also had a dedicated “Turn Off Find My iPhone” feature that’ll allow you to disable Find My iPhone without using the password.
Some of the key features of UltFone - Activation Unlocker include:
- Remove activation lock from an iPhone/iPad/IPod Touch
- Turn off “Find My iPhone”, even if you don’t know the Apple ID password
- Supports all iOS versions (even the latest iOS 14)
So, if you’ve also forgotten the password of your Apple ID, here’s how to directly turn off “Find My iPhone” using UltFone - Activation Unlocker.
- Step 1 Install and launch UltFone - Activation Unlocker on your PC and click Turn Off Find My iPhone.
- Step 2 In the next screen, click Start to proceed further. An agreement will pop up on your screen. Make sure to read it carefully and then click Next.
- Step 3 Now, connect your iDevice to the PC using a lightning cable. Unlock your iPhone/iPad and tap the Trust This Device option to establish a successful connection.
- Step 4 As soon as your device gets connected, the tool will start downloading the right Jailbreak tool. Make sure that your PC is connected to a stable Internet connection.
- Step 5 Once the Jailbreak tool is successfully downloaded, connect an empty USB drive to your PC. Then, use the drop-down menu to burn the Jailbreak tool to the flash drive.
- Step 6 Click Start and wait for the tool to burn the jailbreak environment to the selected flash drive.
- Step 7 Now, follow the on-screen instructions to jailbreak your iDevice.
- Step 8 After you’ve successfully completed the jailbreak process, click Start to turn off the Find My iPhone feature.
- Step 9 Once the Find My iPhone feature is disabled, you’ll see a confirmation message on your screen.
So, that’s how to turn off “Find My iPhone” from a computer.
Bonus Tips: Turn off Find My iPhone on Phone with Password
Another way to turn off “Find My iPhone” is to directly use your iDevice itself. If you have your iPhone near you, you won’t have to sign into iCloud at all. Simply follow these instructions to disable the feature instantly.
- 1.On your iPhone/iPad, go to Settings and tap your name at the top of the screen.
- 2.Navigate to iCloud>Find My iPhone.
- 3.Then toggle the Find My iPhone switch off to disable the feature. You’ll be asked to enter your iCloud credentials. Enter your Apple ID & Password and then press Turn Off to complete the process.
It doesn’t matter if you want to sell your iPhone to a friend or leave it at the service center for a while, it’ll be imperative to turn off “Find My iPhone” beforehand. When it comes to disabling the feature, you can utilize any of the above-mentioned solutions to get the job done. But, if you’ve forgotten the Apple ID password, it would be better to use a professional tool such as UltFone Activation Unlocker. It’ll allow you to turn off Find My iPhone from a computer without the password and remove the Apple ID at the same time.