5 Ways to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from Android
We all love capturing photos on happy moments, such as birthday, vacations, and more. The loss of your precious photos captured on any of these events is undoubtedly maddening situation, especially when there’s no backup in place. After data loss, the next thing that comes to our mind is how can I recover deleted photos on my Android phone? Isn’t, it right? Well, it’s indeed possible to get back permanently deleted photos from Android device. In this post, we’ll help you explore several ways to recover deleted photos from Android.
How Do I Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from Android?
Following are all plausible ways on how to recover permanently deleted photos from Android phone. So, have a look and see which one works for you.
- Way 1: The Best Recommend: Using Android Photo Recovery Software
- Way 2. How To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from Android using Google Photos
- Way 3. Recover Deleted Pictures on Android using Google Drive
- Way 4. Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from Android phone using DropBox
- Way 5. How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from Android SD Card
Way 1: The Best Recommend: Using Android Photo Recovery Software
By default, Android devices save photos to internal storage, and such photos are automatically shown in the Android gallery. When photos are lost/deleted from the Android gallery, they will be stored in its internal memory before they get overwritten by new data. To locate these hidden and deleted photos, you need a powerful Android data recovery software to find and recover the deleted photos from your Android internal memory. UltFone Android data recovery tool serves the purpose best when it comes to rescuing deleted pictures from your phone memory.
So, the answer to the question – “can I recover permanently deleted photos from my Android internal memory?” Is Yes. All you need is UltFone Android data recovery tool.
Here are the key features of the software:
- Besides photos, it helps you recover videos, messages, contacts and WhatsApp data.
- Works under any data loss scenario: accidental deletion, broken screen, virus attack and more.
- Support all Android phones and tablets, including LG, Samsung, Sony, Motorola, Huawei, and more.
- Allows you to preview and choose your target photos before performing the recovery.
- Requires no rooting of your device to rescue your deleted/lost data.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to recover permanently deleted photos from Gallery using UltFone Android data recovery tool:
Step 1 Launch the software and select “Recover Lost Data” feature from the main screen.
Step 2 Connect your Android device to a computer with the help of a digital cable.
Step 3 Choose the target file types and hit “Start” button. The software will then scan your Android device to look for the deleted photos.
Step 4 After the scan, you can preview and select the photos you would like to get back. Finally, hit the “Recover” button and that’s it.
Way 2. How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from Google Photos
Can I recover permanently deleted photos from Google Photos? If you have used “Back Up & Sync” feature to back up your device data, then your pictures are automatically stored on Google Photos Cloud for 60 days unless you haven’t erased them from the trash. So, you can restore permanently deleted photoss from Google Photos within 60 days. Below is how to recover permanently deleted files from Google Photos.
- Step 1: On your phone, launch Google Photos app.
Step 2: Go to “Main Menu”>” Trash”.
Step 3: Choose the target photos you would like to recover and hit “Restore”. In a while, your selected photos will be retrieved on your Android phone.
Way 3. Recover Deleted Pictures on Android using Google Drive
Google Drive is one of the most popular cloud storage utility that helps you store your valuable data such as photos, notes, documents and more security and safely up to 15 GB. Therefore, if you’ve uploaded your precious photos to Google Drive before the data loss, then follow the below steps to get back them with ease.
- Step 1: Launch Google Drive app on your Android phone.
- Step 2: Tap “My Drive” and choose the pictures you want to retrieve.
Step 3: Click on “Menu” icon located at the upper-right corner of the screen and choose the “Download” option to access your photos from your device’s gallery again.
Way 4. Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from Android phone using DropBox
Like Google Photos, you can keep your precious photos on Dropbox, and it even comes with a trash folder that stores lost pictures for 30 days. Therefore, to learn how to retrieve permanently deleted photos from Dropbox, follow the below steps:
- Step 1: To commence, sign-in to Dropbox desktop.
Step 2: You can first look into “All Files” tab to locate your deleted files. If you find there, then select them and click “Download” option.
Step 3: If not, then Navigate to “Deleted files”. Choose the target pictures you want to recover and click “Restore”.
Way 5. How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from Android SD Card
If it’s about how do I recover deleted photos from my Android phone SD card, then all you need is a powerful data recovery tool. With the help of UltFone SD Data Recovery, you can easily rescue your deleted photos from an SD card of your Android phone. In fact, it can help you recover any kind of file lost or deleted from Android SD card and no matter how you lost.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to recover deleted photos from Android SD card using UltFone Windows/Mac data recovery tool:
Step 1: Run the software after downloading and installing it on your computer. After that, eject the SD card from your Android device and connect it to a computer using a card reader. From the software’s main interface, choose SD card as location and hit “Scan”.
Step 2: The software will now scan the SD card to look for deleted photos.
Step 3: Upon the successful scan, the software will show all data that can be recovered from SD card. You can preview them and select pictures you want to get back. Finally, hit the “Recover” button and select a location on the computer where you want to save recoverable data.
Part 2. Bonus Tip: How to Avoid Losing Photos on Android?
It’s smart to take a backup of all your valuable photos in a somewhere safe place. This, in turn, will help you avoid unwanted data loss scenario. Below are some tips to backup data from your Android device.
- Connect your Android device to a computer with the help of a digital cable and move all the essential photos or files to the computer.
- Take advantage of Google Photos app where you can store unlimited pictures to restore them later whenever needed. So, navigate to “Settings”>” Backup & Sync” and choose how often you would like to backup all your pictures.
- You can also use cloud storage services such as Dropbox, Google Drive or your smartphone’s own cloud storage such as Samsung Kies, Mi Cloud and others.
The Bottom Line
That’s all on how to recover permanently deleted photos from Android. As you can now see that there are many ways to get back your deleted photos from Android device. Though you can easily recover permanently deleted photos using the UltFone Android data recovery tool, we recommend regularly back up your valuable photos in a safe place.