How to Fix WhatsApp Temporarily Unavailable iPhone/Android? [Common & Special Fixes]
WhatsApp is about the busiest social media platform today, boasting over 1.5 billion active users monthly. However, some users have been getting a - WhatsApp temporarily unavailable please try again in 5 minutes – notification. Anytime this message is seen, it means the user cannot access their account on the platform. Users that have seen this notification have been desperately seeking answers online. Therefore, this post will be revealing the different ways through which such challenges can be solved.
- Part 1: Why is My WhatsApp Temporarily Unavailable?
- Part 2: Common Fixes of WhatsApp Temporarily Unavailable on iPhone & Android
- Part 3: Special Fixes of WhatsApp Temporarily Unavailable on iPhone
- Part 4: Special Fixes of WhatsApp Temporarily Unavailable on Android
- Free Tip: How to Backup WhatsApp Chats on iPhone with One Click
Part 1: Why is My WhatsApp Temporarily Unavailable?
Several reasons can be responsible for the WhatsApp temporarily unavailable for 5 minutes error message. The biggest culprit is internet connection. Yes, you heard me right! Anytime you have such an error on your smartphone, then it’s highly likely your internet connection is having issues. This can be very tricky because most times the network icon may still be indicating that you are connected whereas you are not.
There is nothing to worry about if you get this message though. The solutions will be discussed in the course of the post.
Part 2: Common Fixes of WhatsApp Temporarily Unavailable on iPhone & Android
- Check Whether WhatsApp is down or not on downdetector
- Close and reopen WhatsApp
- Reinstall WhatsApp
- Update to the latest version of WhatsApp
- Restart your iPhone/Android
- Check data and time is correct or not
Part 3: Special Fixes of WhatsApp Temporarily Unavailable on iPhone
- Fix 1: Disable & Enable WiFi & Airplane Mode
- Fix 2: Check Cellular Data
- Fix 3: Reset Network Settings
Fix 1: Disable & Enable WiFi & Airplane Mode
- Step 1: Toggle on from the bottom on your iPhone.
Step 2: Find the Airplane Mode icon and tap on it. Then it will turn to orange, which means that the Airplane Mode has been enabled and WiFi has been disabled.
- Step 3: Wait a few moments, disable the Airplane Mode and check whether WhatsApp works or not.
Fix 2: Check Cellular Data
- Step 1: Open your device Settings and click Settings or Cellular.
- Step 2: Look for Mobile Data. When you find it, scroll down and click System Services.
Step 3: You can easily determine if it is functioning from there.
If the bug persists, then try another solution
Fix 3: Reset Network Settings
Resetting network settings on your device is as easy as the following steps:
- Step 1: Open Settings on your device and click General.
- Step 2: Click Reset the moment you see it.
Step 3: Choose Reset Network Settings when you are done.
- Step 4: Congratulations. You just successfully reset everything about your network, including APN/VPN, passwords, and network settings.
Part 4: Special Fixes of WhatsApp Temporarily Unavailable on Android
- Fix 1: Change Network Access Point Name
- Fix 2: Clear WhatsApp Cache
- Fix 3: Enable Background Data for WhatsApp
Fix 1: Change Network Access Point Name
Are you also battling with why is my WhatsApp temporarily unavailable? You can resolve the issue by altering your network access point name. See the steps below.
- Step 1: Open your Home screen, and click on Settings.
- Step 2: Choose Connection from all the available options.
- Step 3: Click Mobile Networks and select Access Point Names.
- Step 4: To solve this problem, you must select the correct Access point name.
Step 5: Change the current Network access point name, while you input the right one.
Fix 2: Clear WhatsApp Cache
The beauty of cache is that it allows you to do things quickly on your phone. However, a corrupt cache can be the reason why your phone is showing WhatsApp temporarily unavailable for 5 minutes. One solution to the above problem is clearing your cache. Here is how you can do that:
- Step 1: Open Settings. Click Apps
- Step 2: Check for WhatsApp from among the displayed applications.
- Step 3: Click Storage & Cache
- Step 4: Tap Clear Cache
Step 5: Selecting Clear Storage is also okay.
Fix 3: Enable Background Data for WhatsApp
It will be impossible to get WhatsApp notifications when your background data is turned off. Use the following settings to have the problem fixed.
- Step 1: Open Settings App. Look for Apps
- Step 2: Locate WhatsApp from the options available
- Step 3: Navigate to Click Mobile Data & Wi-Fi
Step 4: Toggle Background Data to on, so it will be enabled.
- Step 5: It is also okay to enable unrestricted data usage. That way, WhatsApp will not be deprived of data access when the device slides into safe mode.
Free Tip: How to Backup WhatsApp Chats on iPhone with One Click
Most Android and iPhone users are not comfortable with all the steps listed above to fix WhatsApp temporarily unavailable issues. If you are one of such and fail to lose all your precious WhatsApp chats, then a one-click backup solution will be great for you. UltFone WhatsApp Transfer can help you take care of the problem identified above. The best part about this multi-purpose tool is that it can even help you resolve other related issues that you may not be aware of in a single click. Let’s go through some of the features of this tool:
- Simple transfer of WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business from iOS to Android and vice versa.
- Download, restore, and transfer WhatsApp backup stored in Google Drive to your Android and iPhone.
- Choose the WhatsApp data type you intend to transfer
- View, backup, and restore WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business (Android & iOS)
- Supported on iOS 15 /iPad OS 15 and Android OS 12.
Steps to Backup WhatsApp Chats on iPhone:
Step 1 Download the UltFone WhatsApp Transfer for Win/Mac. Use a USB to connect your iPhone to your computer. The main interface will display a WhatsApp icon. Click that icon.
Step 2 The tool bar by the side has Backup. Click that Backup. It has an option that lets you choose your backup source, whether from Google Drive or an iDevice. After selecting the backup source, click on Back Up Now, so as to commence backing up to your Mac.
Step 3 Ensure the backing up process is not interrupted unnecessarily by making sure the cable is not disconnected. How much time it will take to back up your files depends on the size of data you are backing up.
Step 4 Congratulations. Your files have been backed up to your Mac as expected.
Seeing a WhatsApp temporarily unavailable for 1 hour iPhone notification when you are eager to do something on WhatsApp can be incredibly frustrating. Fix WhatsApp temporarily unavailable issue with the above tips. Better still, if you fail to lose WhatsApp chats when facing the issue, back up WhatsApp with UltFone WhatsApp Transfer is a good option.