How to Recover Deleted Whatsapp Messages on iPhone
WhatsApp is the most widely used messaging apps that allow you to send/receive text messages, documents, images, current location and make voice/video calls. Currently, it has more than I billion users from all over the world.
More importantly, WhatsApp has made it easy for iPhone users to communicate with their friends and family. However, many users end up losing their important WhatsApp messages while trying to free up storage space on their iPhone. If this sounds you and wondering "can i recover deleted whatsapp messages iPhone", then you've come to the right page.
In this guide, we will tell you whether it's really possible to get back deleted WhatsApp messages from iPhone. And if so, then we will introduce you with several ways to do so.
Part 1: Can I Retrieve Deleted Whatsapp Messages iPhone?
Most users after losing their WhatsApp messages have a question in their mind - is it possible to recover deleted WhatsApp messages from iPhone?
Well, the first thing you need to know that you aren't alone to lose WhatsApp messages. There are so many users who accidentally delete the messages on their iPhone. You can easily recover your WhatsApp messages either from iCloud or ITunes backup. If you have a habit of taking a backup of your important messages before losing them, then you can easily restore them from backup.
But, what if you haven't created any backup before losing your messages? Then, you will be pleased to know that you can still get them back with the help of data iOS recovery software. In the next part of our guide, we will show you both ways to recover deleted whatsapp messages iPhone i.e. with backup and without backup.
Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Whatsapp Messages on iPhone?
Following are possible ways you can try to get back your deleted WhatsApp messages from iPhone without much hassle.
- Way 1: How to Recover Deleted Whatsapp Messages from iPhone without Backup
- Way 2: How to Retrieve Deleted Whatsapp Messages on iPhone from iCloud Backup (WhatsApp Settings)
- Way 3: How to Recover Deleted Whatsapp Messages on iPhone from iCloud Backup (Apple's Way)
- Way 4: How to Retrieve Deleted Whatsapp Messages from iPhone By Extracting from iTunes Backup
Way 1: How to Recover Deleted Whatsapp Messages from iPhone without Backup
If you don't have any backup, then UltFone iOS Data Recovery software can help you restore deleted WhatsApp messages directly from iPhone without backup. With this software, you can scan your device to look for the lost WhatsApp messages. No matter whether you delete messages on iPhone 8 or iPhone X, the software provides support to recover deleted messages on all iPhone models. More importantly, it is powerful enough to recover various files types besides WhatsApp messages under various data loss situations, which include accidental deletion.
Download UltFone iOS Data Recovery software to recover deleted whatsapp messages iPhone from its official site and follow the below steps:
Step 1 To start with, run the software and connect your iPhone to the computer using a digital cable. Next, choose "Recover Data from iOS device" mode.
Step 2 Now, you can select the file types you would like to recover (in this case-Whatsapp &Attachments). Next, click on "Start Scan" button to begin the scan process to look for the lost messages on the device.
Step 3 Once the scan process completes, you can preview the files and select desired WhatsApp messages you would like to get back. Finally, hit on "Recover" button.
While saving the recoverable messages, you are provided with two options either Recover to Computer or Recover to Device. You can pick one according to your preference.
Way 2: How to Retrieve Deleted Whatsapp Messages on iPhone from iCloud Backup (WhatsApp Settings)
WhatsApp let users to backup their chat history as well as media to iCloud by simply turning on chat backup from its settings. Thus, if you've enabled iCloud backup feature in your WhatsApp settings, then you can recover deleted whatsapp messages on iPhone from WhatsApp iCloud backup. Here's how you can do that:
1. To start with, you need to ensure that you've backed up your WhatsApp messages to iCloud before. To do so, open the WhatsApp Settings>Chat>Chat Backup.
- 2. Next, uninstall WhatsApp from the device. And re-install it from the App store.
3. Now, you need to verify your phone number and follow the instructions to restore WhatsApp Chat history.
Way 3: How to Recover Deleted Whatsapp Messages on iPhone from iCloud Backup (Apple's Way)
If you've activated iCloud backup on your iPhone, then you can recover deleted whatsapp messages from iPhone as described below.
- 1. Make sure that you have turned on iCloud backup on the device. To do that, open "Settings">"iCloud">" backup".
2. Next, again open "Settings">" General">" Reset">" Erase All Content and Settings".
- 3. Now, you can set up your device as new. When you reach the "App & Data" screen, you need to select "Restore from iCloud backup" option.
4. Finally, enter your iCloud login details and select the most recent iCloud backup and in a while, restore process will be completed.
Way 4: How to Retrieve Deleted Whatsapp Messages from iPhone By Extracting from iTunes Backup
Those who have a habit of backing up their iPhone to iTunes on a regular basis can recover their WhatsApp messages from iTunes backup.
Here's how to retrieve deleted whatsapp messages on iPhone X from iTunes backup.
- 1. To start with, run the latest version of iTunes on your computer and connect the device to the computer using a cable.
2. Next, click the device icon and go to the "Summary" panel to choose the "Restore Backup" option.
- 3. Now, choose the backup file from which you would like to restore your WhatsApp messages. Finally, click on "Restore" to get them back on your device.
This method of retrieving WhatsApp messages on iPhone will restore whole backup and replacing current data. If you want to view iTunes backup and extract WhatsApp from iTunes data without restoring, iOS Data Recovery is the best choice. It is one of the best iTunes backup extractor (iCloud backup also) that allows you to view iTunes backup and selectively restore WhatsApp chat deleted messages on iPhone.
The Bottom Line
That's how to recover deleted whatsapp messages from iPhone without backup and with backup. This guide has the best possible methods you can try to get back WhatsApp messages you lost somehow. The most recommended way is using our UltFone iOS Data Recovery software. This will help to recover various your WhatsApp messages and attachments without any requirement, unlike recovering from iTunes/iCloud backup.