Clear WhatsApp Cache on iPhone/Android
The cache on WhatsApp is a temporary storage space that keeps data so that the program can load it considerably faster the next time you use it. This means that when you clear WhatsApp cache, it will wipe and reload all of your data.
Nonetheless, more users are interested in learning how to clear the WhatsApp cache in order to optimize their WhatsApp experience. It's vital to know how to do this because there are a variety of reasons why you might wish to erase old texts or media files from your phone. Especially if someone has been doing anything on your smartphone that they shouldn't if you're selling your old phone, or if you simply need more capacity for new goods.
- Part 1. Why Clear WhatsApp Cache?
- Part 2. Is It Safe to Clear WhatsApp Cache?
- Part 3. Two Ways to Clear WhatsApp Cache on iPhone
- Part 4. Two Ways to Clear WhatsApp Cache on Android
- Part 5. Bonus: 1-Click to Backup WhatsApp Data with UltFone Transfer [Free for iPhone]
Part 1. Why Clear WhatsApp Cache?
The Facebook-owned instant messaging software collects information about the messages, emojis, audios, and stickers you send and receive. The cache should be cleaned to improve the app experience. Additionally, by doing so, you will protect your privacy from potential cyber-attacks and hacks.
If your data is a concern, rest assured that it will not be destroyed, nor will your images, information, or conversations. It will simply make your application run as if it were newly installed.
Part 2. Is It Safe to Clear WhatsApp Cache?
When we talk about clearing cache, a question arises in our minds that what happens if I clear WhatsApp cache. It is safe to clear the WhatsApp cache if the following requirements are met:
- 1. You have an iPhone and use WhatsApp
The WhatsApp data can be accessed and deleted from the Settings menu as the iPhone runs on a different operating system. So, deleting the WhatsApp cache on iPhone isn't a bad idea.
- 2. Before cleaning the data, you have stored all of your chats and media files
If you're using WhatsApp on an Android phone, clearing the cache is safe as long as you've backed up your chats and media files to an external storage or other devices.
- 3. While clearing cache, the phone was not stolen, lost, or broken
No one else will be able to view or read the WhatsApp data this way. Your chat history will be recoverable from your iCloud or Google account.
Part 3. Two Ways to Clear WhatsApp Cache on iPhone
Way 1. Clear WhatsApp App Cache from WhatsApp
WhatsApp allows you some fine-grained control over which data you can delete. So, you may go straight to the WhatsApp App's Settings and delete photographs or videos from a specific thread with a specific contact. The following is a step-by-step guide to clear WhatsApp cache on iPhone.
- 1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and navigate to "Settings".
2. Select "Data and Storage Usage">"Storage Usage" from the drop-down menu.
- 3. It will provide a list of chats and threads, as well as the overall size of each thread's storage. To check the details, select the discussions.
- 4. Scroll through the list of facts about the conversation with that contact (including total counts, storage space, and photos, GIFs, Videos, Voice Messages, Documents, Stickers, and so on) and then touch "Manage".
- 5. Tap on the data types you want to clean and eliminate, or pick all of them, then tap "Clear".
Way 2. Clear WhatsApp Cache from iPhone Settings
How do I clear WhatsApp cache? Here’s the step by step guide:
- 1. Open the "Settings" app after unlocking your iPhone.
- 2. To access WhatsApp, go to "General">"iPhone Storage">"WhatsApp".
- 3. To uninstall WhatsApp from your iPhone, tap the "Delete App" option.
- 4. After you've deleted WhatsApp from your iPhone, go to the iTunes App Store and reinstall it.
5. You'll need to log back into your WhatsApp account once you've reinstalled WhatsApp. The caches will be removed, and the app's overall size will be reduced. You can double-check this by going back to the settings"Storage" section and looking for the WhatsApp app again.
Part 4. Two Ways to Clear WhatsApp Cache on Android
Way 1. Clear WhatsApp App Cache from WhatsApp
The first method for clearing WhatsApp cache on Android is through WhatsApp settings. The appearance of removing cache will be slightly different due to the availability of an upgrade to the WhatsApp operational system.
The steps are as follows:
- 1. On your phone, open the WhatsApp.
- 2. In the upper right area, tap the three dots icon. From the drop-down menu, choose "Settings".
- 3.Select and press the "Storage and Data" option once you've logged in.
- 4. The "Manage Storage" menu can be found at the very top. Select that option. In the beginning menu option "Manage Storage", the amount of the existing cache is shown to you.
- 5. After selecting this option, you will be presented with a yellow and green column bar as well as a summary of the colors' meanings.
- 6. A list of WhatsApp contacts can be seen at the bottom of the column bar. Choose the contact with the most memory capacity, whether it's a personal or group contact. To the right of the contact, the name is the nominal memory number.
- 7. There is video, music, photographs, GIFs, and voice messages that take up space in these selections. Then choose files you want to delete. If you want to delete everything, use the box icon in the upper right corner to select "Select All".
- 8. The amount of cache in the column bar will decrease once you delete the file.
Way 2. Clear WhatsApp App Cache from Android Settings
Depending on the kind of version of the operating system, the method for clearing the WhatsApp cache from this phone's settings may differ from that of other Android phones.
The guidelines, on the whole, are similar. See how to delete the WhatsApp cache:
- 1. Navigate to the phone's settings menu. After that, scroll or scroll till you find and hit the "Applications" option.
- 2. After you've located the WhatsApp app, tap it. Choose "Storage" from the drop-down menu.
- 3. After that, select the option "Clear Cache". WhatsApp's cache has been successfully cleaned.
4. Remember not to pick the "Clear Data" option because this would delete your account as well as all of your WhatsApp chats.
Part 5. Bonus: 1-Click to Backup WhatsApp Data with UltFone Transfer
If you are afraid of losing the data that you don’ t want to delete when clearing the WhatsApp cache. Or you don’ t want to delete cache but put them in another bigger place because your phone is in poor storage. Then backing up your data to a computer is a good choice. But how would you achieve this goal? UltFone Transfer can give you a helping hand as it supports backup WhatsApp data from Android/iOS to computer. Moreover, it can not only backup data but transfer, export and restore social apps data. Below is the main feature of UltFone.
- Easily move WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business to a new phone [Android/iOS].
- WhatsApp data and WhatsApp business may be backed up or restored with a single click.
- Google Drive backups can be downloaded and restored (iOS only)
- Backup WhatsApp/WhatsApp Business from iPhone/Android to computer
- Backingup WhatsApp/WhatsApp Business from iPhone to compter is 100% FREE.
- iOS 15/iPadOS 15 and Android OS 11 are both supported.
With this WhatsApp backup and restore program, you can backup WhatsApp chats, messages, and other data from your iPhone to your computer with just one click. This feature is currently only available on Mac.
Step 1 Download UltFone WhatsApp Transfer on your Mac, then use the USB cord to connect your iOS device to the computer. Click the WhatsApp icon on the main interface.
Step 2 Click "Backup" on the side toolbar and then select a device from the drop-down list. In this way, you will confirm the device you want to backup WhatsApp from. To begin backing up WhatsApp to your Mac, click "Back Up Now".
Step 3 Please do not disconnect your device when backing up your WhatsApp data to avoid losing data. The length of time it takes to back up your data is determined by the size of your backup file. The longer it takes, the larger the file is.
Step 4 Your WhatsApp backup files have been successfully backed up and stored on your computer.
Cache data plays an important part in iPhone speed. However, it is recommended that you clear WhatsApp cache junk regularly. There is no direct way to backup WhatsApp chat to computer, but with the help of the above guide, you should be able to backup WhatsApp without a hitch using UltFone Transfer.