How to Activate iPhone without Apple ID or Password
It would be easy to activate iPhone when you know the password, however, there is a scenerio when you forget the password or when you bought the device from another person, who had linked it with his or her Apple ID. Without an Apple ID, you won't be able to access Apple services such as iCloud, the App Store, the iTunes Store, Apple Music and more. The good news is that if you're wondering how to activate iPhone without Apple ID or password, then you're in the right place. This article will explain simplified methods that will help you to go through this problem. Let’s get started.
- Forgot Apple ID or Password? Find or Reset It
- Activating iPhone without Apple ID Password
- Activating your iPhone with Previous Owner's Help
- People Also Ask
Forgot Apple ID or Password? Find or Reset It
If it's your own phone and you just forgot your Apple ID and password. Before going any further, let's first learn the conventional way of how to reset your credentials for your Apple ID account.
- Step 1. Click to open Apple Official Website.
- Step 2. Tap on Forget Apple ID Password and then enter your personal information
- Step 3. Apple will confirm your identity. Then you can verify your Apple ID by answering security questions or asking it to send you an email.
- Step 4. Upon Successful Verification, "Enter your new password" and then click to update your password.
Activating iPhone without Apple ID Password
Plainly speaking, to activate iPhone without Apple ID password will be so challenging for you. But there is an option to bypass these hurdles by using a special tool to accomplish the task. In this article, we highly recommend you a special tool called UltFone Activation Unlocker.
First of all, the Ultfone Activation Unlocker is a piece of software used to remove or unlink Apple ID credentials from iOS devices, including iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. It works by using a method called "iOS jailbreaking".
The term jailbreaking refers to modify a smartphone or other electronic device to remove restrictions imposed by the manufacturer or operator, e.g. to allow the installation of unauthorized software on the device. So, in the context of iOS jailbreaking, this refers to the privilege escalation of an Apple device for the purpose of removing software restrictions imposed by Apple on iOS.
Ultfone Activation Unlocker is able to jailbreak an iPhone after installing a special firmware used to manipulate the iOS. Without this firmware, the process of iPhone jailbreaking would totally be impossible. However, there's no need to worry, cause the firmware package is 100% safe and will do no harm to your device.
Here're specific steps to use this software:
Step 1 Launch the UltFone Activation Unlocker on your computer and connect your device, which has an Apple ID or iCloud you would like to remove.
Step 2 Download Jailbreak Tool: Once your device is recognized after connecting it to the computer, UltFone Activation Unlocker will start downloading the jailbreak tool.
Step 3After downloading the jailbreak tool, follow the interface tips to jailbreak your device.
Step 4Once the jailbreak process is complete, click the Next button. Now, in the next screen, the program will display the device info, please confirm and click Start Remove button to start removing the iCloud activation lock.
Once iCloud activation lock has been removed successfully, please note the following important recommendations:
- Don't factory reset or flash firmware of your device after bypassing the iCloud activation lock, or the device will be locked again.
- Don't log in to iCloud account from Settings.
Activating your iPhone with Previous Owner's Help
In this step, we assume that you don't have the login credentials for the iCloud account linked to your device. If you bought your iPhone from another person then you need to tell them to either supply you with the credentials for iCloud linked to that device or ask them to login and unlink the device for you.
The previous owner will have to take the following steps to activate your iPhone.
- Step 1. Sign in to iCloud.com with their Apple ID and password.
- Step 2. Select Find My iPhone from the main interface.
- Step 3. Click All Devices and then choose the device on which the activation lock needs to be removed.
- Step 4. Click Erase [Your Device]. Select Next until the device is erased.
- Step 5. Click Remove from Account to complete.
Please note that, after the previous owner has successfully removed the device from his iCloud account, you will need to turn off the device and then turn it back on to begin the setup process.
People Also Ask
1. Does resetting really remove an Apple ID?
When you a buy a iCloud locked device, resetting the device won’t remove the Apple ID credentials. And during the device setup process, you will be prompted to fill in the Apple ID credentials that is originally linked to that device.
2. Why Does My iPhone Keep Asking for Someone else's Apple ID?
This happens especially if the iPhone you're using is linked to someone else's Apple ID. When you buy a secondhand iPhone, it is highly likely that it has the Apple ID login credentials of the previous owner. This is why before you finalize the deal of buying a secondhand iPhone, ask the previous owner to unlink for you the device from his Apple ID account and iCloud.
The Bottom Line
Lacking access to your device is so painful, so that if you've tried all other methods to remove Apple ID but failed, you can always try out UltFone Activation Unlocker, and follow the steps we recommended in this article.