How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to Mac
Your iPhone stores your most important contacts, such as family members, friends, coworkers, and business partners. You may wish to transfer contacts from iPhone to Macbook to build a backup or use them on a computer. And most probably, you are wondering how do I sync all my contacts to my Mac? In this post, we will show you how to import contacts from iPhone to Mac in five different ways.
If you have the same question, then let's have a closer look in this guide as here we will walk through the detailed steps to import iPhone contacts to mac with iCloud, iTunes, Finder, or a third-party tool.
- Way 1. How to Sync iPhone Contacts to Mac with iCloud
- Way 2. How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Mac without iCloud
- Way 3. How to Import Contacts from iPhone to Mac via iTunes/Finder
- Way 4. Transferring Contacts from iPhone to Mac using AirDrop
- Way 5. How to Backup Contacts from iPhone to Mac via Mail
Way 1. How to Sync iPhone Contacts to Mac with iCloud
One of the simplest ways to transfer iPhone contacts to Mac is to use iCloud - Apple's cloud storage solution that lets you access your contacts, calendars, photos, and more from any device, whether PC, Mac, or another iOS device, or even a web. To use iCloud sync, you must first configure iCloud on your iPhone. The steps are as follows.
Option 1. Sync iPhone Contacts to Mac via iCloud App
- Step 1: First, navigate to "Settings" > [your name] > "iCloud" and then enable "Contacts" on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Next, on your Mac, tap on the Apple menu > Select "System Preferences" > Enable "iCloud," and after that, enter the same Apple ID which you have entered on your iPhone.
Step 3: Check all of your "Contacts" and then select "Manage." The contacts will then be imported to Mac. When it's finished, you can check the items in your Mac's Contacts app.
Option 2. Transfer iPhone Contacts to Mac via the iCloud Website
- Step 1: On your, iPhone navigates to settings and Enable iCloud Contacts.
- Step 2: On your Macbook, go to iCloud.com and sign in with the same Apple ID you use on your iOS device.
- Step 3: Next, select the "Contacts" among all options.
Step 4: Finally, choose all the contacts you want to sync from your iPhone to Mac and then go to "Settings" > "Export vCard."
Problem: iPhone Contacts Not Syncing with Mac
Problems may happen while syncing iPhone contacts with Mac because of an unstable network connection, insufficient iCloud storage, incorrect iCloud settings, and so on. If you're having issues, follow the steps below to learn how to solve iPhone contacts not syncing with proven tips.
Tip 1. Make sure you have enabled your device to show iCloud contacts
- Step 1: On your Mac, open "Contacts," then tap on the "Groups" in the upper-left corner.
- Step 2: To save contacts to iCloud on iPhone, make sure "All iCloud" is selected.
Tip 2. Check whether your contact is stored with iCloud
- Step 1: On your Mac, open "Contacts," then click "Groups" in the upper-left corner.
- Step 2: For any third-party account, such as Gmail or Yahoo, deselect the All [account] option.
- Step 3: Ensure that your "All iCloud" is selected.
- Step 4: Click "Done" to see your "Contacts" list. If you don't see the contact you're looking for, it's likely in another account.
- Step 5: From a third-party service, you can export contacts into iCloud.
Tip 3. Make sure iCloud is the default Contacts account
If your device has numerous accounts, like iCloud, Gmail, and Yahoo, Ensure that iCloud is your default Contacts account.
- Step 1: Go to "Settings" and then "Mail, Contacts, Calendars."
- Step 2: In the "Contacts" section, tap Default Account and ensure iCloud is chosen.
Way 2. How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Mac without iCloud
When you think of how to transfer contacts from iPhone to MacBook, iCloud is the first thing that springs to mind. However, you may not want to use iCloud because it is inoperable or has a storage restriction (You only get 5GB of free storage). So, how do you import contacts from iPhone to Mac without iCloud? There are several other choices, but the most recommended is the third-party free UltFone iOS Data Manager. This desktop software provides free backup feature which allows you to backup iPhone contacts to Mac in one click.
The main features include:
- Backup iPhone contacts and other data to computer in one click. Supports selective backup and restore, which is much smarter than iTunes or iCloud.
- Extract data from backup to Mac or PC with a single click.
- Manage iOS data more easily than iTunes (Import/export/delete/edit).
- One click to sync media between iOS device and iTunes.
- Compatible with the new iPhone 12 series and iOS 14/iPadOS 14.
The Steps to Backup Contacts from iPhone to Mac without iCloud
Download and install this program to your Mac, here are the steps to backup Contacts to Mac
Step 1 Connect your iOS device to your PC and then tap "Backup & Restore." The interface will then appear, with all files selected by default, but you can selectively choose files for backup.
Step 2 When you click the "Backup" button, it will begin backing up the data you have selected on your iPhone/iPad/iPod.
Step 3 In a while, your contacts has been backed up to Mac successfully. You can click View Backup Data to view details.
Tips: When you select "View Backup Data," all backed-up files are extracted and displayed for preview. If you wish to export backup files to your computer, click "Export to Computer," select a location, and then press "OK."
If users wish to manage contacts on an iPhone, they can utilize the "Manage" option offered by UltFone IOS data manager, which also allows them to export contacts, add contacts, and delete contacts in bulk.
Attach your IOS device and tap on "Manage" from the top menu bar.
Then, connect your device to computer with a USB cable, and all data in the device will be displayed according to the file types. Select Contacts from the left sidebar to preview all contacts on your iPhone.
Tick the Contacts that you’d like to transfer to Mac, and then click Export button from the menu bar. The selected Contact(s) will be transferred to Mac.
Way 3. How to Import Contacts from iPhone to Mac via iTunes/Finder
Another way to import contacts from iPhone to Mac is to use iTunes or Finder. Contacts from iPhone to Mac can be synced with iTunes on macOS Mojave and earlier. However, because Finder has replaced iTunes in macOS Catalina, you must follow a new set of steps to move contacts from iPhone to Mac using Finder. Here are the steps to follow whether you're using iTunes or Finder.
1. Sync All Contacts from iPhone to Mac via iTunes
- Step 1: First, attach your iPhone device with your Mac using a USB cable, and then tap on "iTunes" on your Mac.
- Step 2: Now tap on the "Info" button and hit the "Sync Contacts" box.
Step 3: Finally tap on "Apply" to start syncing and wait for a few minutes, and you are done!
2. Sync All Contacts from iPhone to Mac with Finder
- Step 1: First, connect your device to your Macbook and open “Finder.”
- Step 2: Now tap on your “iPhone Name” and then click on both “Finder Window & iPhone.”
Step 3: In the last tap on"Info," then check the box next to "Sync contacts onto [the name of your iPhone]," then click "Apply” to sync contacts.
Way 4. Transferring Contacts from iPhone to Mac using AirDrop
You want to sync a few contacts rather than your whole address book, you can transfer them over AirDrop, but the question arises how to transfer contacts from iPhone to MacBook Air? So, AirDrop is pre-installed on Apple devices. It allows you to transfer contacts, images, videos, notes, and other data between two devices, including the iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Mac. You don't need to install any tool or connect a USB cable to use AirDrop. First, check that both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are turned on your devices, then proceed with the steps below to transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac via AirDrop.
Step 1: Open the Control Center and enable both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to do this. After they are activated, select the AirDrop icon and choose to whom you want to send the contacts.
Step 2: Now, open your MacBook and click on the Finder and select AirDrop option. From the interface, click on the "Allow me to be discovered by Everyone" option if you want to receive contacts from every iPhone.
- Step 3: Unlock your iPhone and then open the "Contacts App."
- Step 4: Now look for the contacts you want to send, and then click on “Share Contact” and tap on “Airdrop.”
Step 5: Finally, your device looks for available devices, and then tap on “Mac” and click “Accept” on your Mac to transfer contacts.
Way 5. How to Backup Contacts from iPhone to Mac via Mail
There is one more method that can be used to transfer iPhone contacts to Mac. But with this method, there are some limitations. You can't send multiple contacts via an email which means that it will be time-consuming. But this method still works for fine for the users.
Scroll below and learn how to sync iPhone contacts with Mac using Mail:
- Step 1: Open the Contact list of your iPhone and select the contact that you want to transfer to Mac.
Step 2: Tap on the Share Contact option and select the Mail option. As you select the mail, you can send the contact to the email you want to.
- Step 3. Then afterward, you can access that mail on your Mac and download the contact to save them on your Mac.
The Final Words
That's all about how to sync iPhone contacts to MacBook. All five ways will assist you in syncing contacts from iPhone to Mac. You can find the right solution whether you want to import contacts from iPhone to Mac without iCloud or obtain iPhone contacts to Mac wirelessly. free UltFone iOS Data Manager is ideal if you prefer an easy and quick method and wish to transfer contacts selectively. It is not only easy but also 100% efficient.