How to Transfer Contacts From iPhone to Computer
- Jerry Cook
- Updated on 2021-07-15 to  Transfer File
We often lose a person’s contact number without even noticing. And we only realize this when we need the number after some time. If you have also been through a situation like this, then you know how important it is to save your iPhone 12/11/X contacts to computer. But how do you export contacts from iPhone without iTunes? In this guide, we are going to explore the 4 free methods that can be used for transferring contacts from iPhone to computer. Take a look at them and decide which one suits you best.
- Method 1. One Click to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Computer without iTunes Free
- Method 2. How to Download Contacts from iPhone to Computer using iCloud
- Method 3. How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Computer with iTunes
- Method 4. How to Save Contacts from iPhone to Computer with Email
Method 1. One Click to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Computer without iTunes Free
Before we move forward to other ways that can help you transfer contacts from iPhone 12 to computer, we would like to introduce you to UltFone iOS Data Manager. This software is your best shot to backup iPhone to computer for free.
The Main Features Include
- Backup iPhone contacts to computer for free in one click. Later you can extract contacts from the backup file and export the contacts to PC/Mac.
- Manage iPhone contacts （add, merge, export, delete) in the software. Any modifications will be synced automatically to your device.
- No only contacts, but also manage other types of data in your iPhone. No storage limitation and no network required.
Just download and install the free iOS Data Manager to your computer, and the software will handle the rest. The steps you have to follow to get contacts from iPhone to computer are given below:
Step 1 Launch the program and connect your iPhone with the system. Chooes "Backup & Restore" section from the top menu bar.
Step 2 Next, you can select the file type(s) to backup to computer. If you only want to save contacts on iPhone to computer, just uncheck other files. Click Backup button to start backing up the selected data to computer.
Step 3 When the backup is completed, you can click "View Backup Data" to view the details and supports to export Contacts to computer to save it in an excel file.
This is the free way to get contacts from iPhone to computer. In addition, you can also use the "Manage" feature to export/delete/merge Contacts.
Method 2. How to Download Contacts from iPhone to Computer using iCloud
The cloud service provided by Apple is one of the best ways to save iPhone contacts to computer. Using iCloud, you can export the contacts to PC/Mac and later on get them on other devices as vCard. However, there is one catch, the sync work both ways, which means if you delete the contact from one place, the contact will be erased from other devices as well. The steps to sync up the contacts are given below:
Option 1. Sync Contacts on iPhone via iCloud App
1. On your iPhone, open Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud, make sure Contacts is turned on for sync.
2. Now open the computer and access the iCloud app. Login to your account, turn on the sync option for Contacts, and the numbers will be synced automatically.
Option 2. Download Contacts from iPhone to Computer via iCloud Website
- 1. On your iPhone, open Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud, make sure Contacts is turned on for sync.
- 2. On your computer, go to iCloud.com and sign in with the same Apple ID you use on your iOS device.
3. In the Contacts section, you will be able to see the list of contacts that are synced from your device to the computer. >In the contact list, at the bottom, you will see a Gear icon. Click on the icon, and you will see the “Export vCard” option. Click on the option to copy the contacts from your iPhone to the computer.
Method 3. How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Computer with iTunes
For all iPhone users, iTunes is the apparent data management tool. So, in this section, we will tell you how to sync contacts from iPhone to PC using iTunes. But you have to understand that iTunes doesn’t allow selective backup, which means that your whole device data will be saved along with contacts on the computer. Still, it is useful that you know how to sync iPhone data with iTunes.
- 1. Get the latest version of iTunes on your computer and launch it. Connect your iPhone with the computer, and iTunes will recognize the device.
2. Go to the Summary tab, and you will see the Backup window. Select the “This Computer” option for the backup and click on the “Backup Now” button to start the process.
Once the backup is finished, you will have all your device data on the computer, including the contacts.
Method 4. How to Save Contacts from iPhone to Computer with Email
In case both iCloud and iTunes aren’t of any help to you, there is still one other method that can help you in emergencies. You can find out how to copy contacts from iPhone to computer via Email and use it whenever you need it. Keep this in mind that by using Email, you can only transfer one item. That’s why it is suggested that you opt for the first method for quick and easy transfer.
1. Go to the Contacts App on your iPhone and find the contact you want to move. Click on the Share Contact option and choose the Mail option.
- 2. Enter your email id in the “To” column and send the mail. Now open your email on the computer and download the contact file.
And that’s it; you will have your contacts on the PC.
The Bottom Line
Here are the popular 4 free ways about iPhone contacts transfer to computer While you are syncing the contacts with a computer, we suggest that you use UltFone iOS Data Manager tool. This will be an ideal way to transfer contacts and other data stored on your iPhone with a computer.