How to Sync Contacts From iPhone to Computer
We often lose a person’s contact number without even noticing. And we only realize this when we need the number after some time. If you have also been through a situation like this, then you know how important it is to sync your iPhone 12/11/X contacts with the computer. But how do you sync contacts from iPhone to computer? In this guide, we are going to explore the 4 common methods that can be used for syncing contacts between an iPhone and a computer. Take a look at them and decide which one suits you best.
Here is the list of methods to learn how to sync contacts from iPhone to computer. You can try using any of these methods as per requirements.
- Method 1. Sync Contacts from iPhone 12/12 Pro (Max)/11/XR to Computer by One Click
- Method 2. How To Sync Contacts from iPhone to PC with iCloud
- Method 3. How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to Computer Using iTunes
- Method 4. How to Move Contacts from iPhone to Computer with Email
Method 1. Sync Contacts from iPhone 12/12 Pro (Max)/11/XR to Computer by One Click
Before we move forward to other ways that can help you sync contacts from the iPhone to the computer, we would like to introduce you to UltFone iOS Data Manager. This software is your best shot to manage the iPhone data in an optimized way. The manage feature provided in the software enables the users to export contacts from iPhone to computer directly. So, you won’t have to worry about any type of data loss as you can transfer everything on PC with just one click.
Just download and install the software on your computer, and the software will handle the rest. The steps you have to follow to import the contacts to your PC are given below:
Step 1 Launch the program and connect your iPhone with the system. By default, the Home Tab will open up, and you will have to switch to the Manage Tab.
Step 2 As you switch the tab, on the left side panel, you will see the supported file types that can be imported/exported to and from the iPhone and computer. Select the Contacts option, and you will see the list of contacts saved on your iPhone.
- Step 3 Select the contact and save them on your computer manually. You can choose to import/export multiple contacts at once to get them on the computer.
Depending on the number of contacts you are syncing, the process will only take a while. Along with this, you can also transfer photos, videos, music files, messages, bookmarks, and applications as well.
Method 2. How To Sync Contacts from iPhone to PC with iCloud
The cloud service provided by Apple is one of the best ways to learn how to sync contacts from the iPhone to the computer. Using iCloud, you can export the contacts to the system and later on get them on other devices as vCard. However, there is one catch, the sync work both ways, which means if you delete the contact from one place, the contact will be erased from other devices as well. The steps to sync up the contacts are given below:
1. Take your iPhone and open Settings. Go to iCloud and make sure that you have turned on the Sync option for Contacts.
- 2. Now open the computer and access the iCloud app. Login to your account, turn on the sync option for Contacts, and the numbers will be synced automatically.
3. You can also manually copy contacts from the iPhone to PC by signing in to the iCloud website. In the Contacts section, you will be able to see the list of contacts that are synced from your device to the computer.
In the contact list, at the bottom, you will see a Gear icon. Click on the icon, and you will see the “Export vCard” option. Click on the option to copy the contacts from your iPhone to the computer.
Method 3. How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to Computer Using iTunes
For all iPhone users, iTunes is the apparent data management tool. So, in this section, we will tell you how to sync contacts from iPhone to PC using iTunes. But you have to understand that iTunes doesn’t allow selective backup, which means that your whole device data will be saved along with contacts on the computer. Still, it is useful that you know how to sync iPhone data with iTunes.
- 1. Get the latest version of iTunes on your computer and launch it. Connect your iPhone with the computer, and iTunes will recognize the device.
2. Go to the Summary tab, and you will see the Backup window. Select the “This Computer” option for the backup and click on the “Backup Now” button to start the process.
Once the backup is finished, you will have all your device data on the computer, including the contacts.
Method 4. How to Move Contacts from iPhone to Computer with Email
In case both iCloud and iTunes aren’t of any help to you, there is still one other method that can help you in emergencies. You can find out how to move contacts from iPhone to the computer via Email and use it whenever you need it. Keep this in mind that by using Email, you can only transfer one item. That’s why it is suggested that you opt for the first method for quick and easy transfer.
1. Go to the Contacts App on your iPhone and find the contact you want to move. Click on the Share Contact option and choose the Mail option.
- 2. Enter your email id in the “To” column and send the mail. Now open your email on the computer and download the contact file.
And that’s it; you will have your contacts on the PC.
The Bottom Line
Here are the popular 4 ways to learn how to sync contacts from iPhone to PC. While you are syncing the contacts with a computer, we suggest that you use UltFone iOS Data Manager tool. This will be an ideal way to sync contacts and other data stored on your iPhone with a computer.