How to Backup iPhone Contacts to Google
- Jerry Cook
- Updated on 2021-06-01 to  iPhone Backup
It’s always a good habit to create a backup of your important data on your iPhone before performing tasks like an iOS update. When it comes to creating a copy of your iPhone contacts, syncing your contacts to Google account is always a smart choice. Give that, we’re going to help you learn how to backup iPhone contacts to Google in four different ways, so you can pick any method that you find most hassle-free to get the job done.
- Method 1. Recommended Method to Import iPhone Contacts To Google Account
- Method 2. Sync iPhone Contacts to Google Automatically
- Method 3. iPhone Backup Contacts to Google Via iCloud
- Method 4. Backup iPhone Contacts to Google Contacts Using iTunes
Method 1.Recommended Method to Import iPhone Contacts To Google Account
Fortunately, Google supports to import iPhone contacts from computer to Gmail in CSV file or vCard file. So, it means you can import your iPhone contacts to the computer first and then simply import them to Google Contacts.
Step 1. Import iPhone Contacts to Computer
But, how to transfer your iPhone contacts to computer? UltFone iOS Data Manager and get your contacts transferred from iPhone to a computer in just one click. This software can even help you with a selective transfer, which means you can select specific contacts to import. Unlike iTunes or iCloud, it will help you do the job without any limitations like insufficient space.
Below is a simple guide to help you learn how to use UltFone iOS Data Manager to transfer your iPhone contacts to computer:
Step 1 After installation, run the software and connect your iPhone to the computer with the help of a digital cable and then, from the main interface, select Manage feature.
Free Download For Win 10/8.1/8/7/XP Secure Download Free Download For macOS 10.15 and below Secure Download BUY NOW BUY NOW
Step 2 This program will display your device data according to categories, please select Contacts from the left options.
- You can select all Contacts, or select those that you need to move to Google, and then click Export button on the menus. You can export as vcard or excel sheet.
Step 2. Import iPhone Contacts to Google Contacts
Now your iPhone contacts are stored on your computer. To perform iPhone contacts backup to Google, follow the below steps:
1. Sign in to your Google/Gmail account. Click on “Gmail” tab located at the top left corner under the Google’s logo to launch a drop-down menu. Then, click on the “Contacts” option and you’ll be then navigated to a new interface namely “Google Contacts”.
Or you can simply official website of “Google Contacts”.
- 2. In the “Google Contacts” interface, click on “Import” in order to upload the recently transferred contacts from iPhone to the computer.
3. From the pop-up window, click “Select File” to browse and select the recently backed up contacts on your computer.
Finally, hit “Import” and your contacts will be saved on your Google account.
Method 2. Sync iPhone Contacts to Google Automatically
This is the simplest process that ensures that your iPhone contacts are imported to Google without any installation of third-party software. Follow the below steps to perform iPhone backup contacts to Google through automatic sync option:
- 1. On your iPhone, open the “Settings” app.
2. Go to “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”>” Add Account” and then select “Google”.
3. After adding your Google/Gmail credentials, enable the “Contacts” option. Then, click on “Fetch New Data” and then tap on “Push” and that’s it.
Method 3. iPhone Backup Contacts to Google Via iCloud
You can also take advantage of iCloud service to backup your iPhone contacts to Google. Below are the steps to learn how to get the job done via iCloud:
- 1. Go to the official site of iCloud, which is iCloud.com through the web browser. Then, enter your Apple ID and passcode for login and then select the “Contacts” option.
2. Choose all the contacts so that all of them get synced. Then, right-click and select “Export vCard” to export your contacts to the computer.
- 3. Then, you can move to “Google Contacts” and log in.
- 4. Click on “Import” and tap “Select File” to select the vCard you just exported from iCloud and finally, click “Import”.
Method 4. Backup iPhone Contacts to Google Contacts Using iTunes
To import iPhone contacts to Google, you can even take the assistance of iTunes. Below are the steps to learn how to get the job done using iTunes:
- 1. Connect your iPhone to your computer with the help of Apple's digital cable. Next, run the latest iTunes version on your system and let it detects your device.
- 2. Locate the “Info” tab and tap on it”. Then, check the option that says “Sync Contacts with Google Contacts” as shown below.
3. Follow onscreen instructions for syncing your iPhone contacts to Google.
The Bottom Line
This post has provided all ways to backup iPhone contacts to Google, now pick the one that makes your job easier and quicker. Needless to say, importing your iPhone contacts to Google helps you create a backup of your important contacts safely. Additionally, you can transfer your iPhone contacts to computer or even vice versa with ease by simply using UltFone iOS Data Manager. Give a try!