How to Fix Your Apple ID Has Been Locked for Security Reasons
If you or others enter your password, security question, or other account information in error, Apple will automatically close your Apple ID for security reasons. You screen will show options mentioned below if this happens to you:
- This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons.
- Your Apple ID has been locked for security reasons.
- You can't sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons.
- Part 1. What Causes "This Apple ID Has Been Locked for Security Reasons"
- Part 2. How to Unlock "This Apple ID Has Been Locked for Security Reasons"
Part 1. What Causes "This Apple ID Has Been Locked for Security Reasons"
Some common reasons why your Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons are:
- Someone has tried to log in to your Apple ID too many times.
- Someone has entered wrong answers to your security questions too many times.
- Use several different tools to access the same account over a short duration of time.
- Use third-party tools based on iCloud's open source code.
The good news, though, is that you can unlock your Apple ID in many ways. So please keep reading to try them out and see which one is best for you!
Part 2. How to Unlock "This Apple ID Has Been Locked for Security Reasons"
You must confirm your Apple ID to open your Apple ID account. Apple may ask you to use several different methods, depending on your account security settings.
You may not be able to use any of the Apple services by signing in such as iCloud, mail and other services. When it comes to Apple ID unlock in iPhone and iPad, we always try to provide you several awesome ways and this time too we have some fixes to unlock Apple ID. Read this to the last and learn what and how to do:
1. Remove Locked Apple ID using UltFone Activation Unlocker
When Apple detects any type of suspicious activity, it will display the prompt "This Apple ID is locked for security reasons." If you have forgotten your password to your iCloud account and your Apple ID is locked, UltFone Activation Unlocker is the best solution you can always trust on. I is the most ideal way to fix your Apple ID locked for security reasons issue. Compared to iTunes, Ultfone Activation Unlocker is faster and works everytime with a 100% success rate. You can also use it to turn off Find My iPhone/iPad feature. Now, check out this step-by-step guide to learn how to unlock Apple ID locked for security reasons.
Step 1Launch Ultfone Activation Unlocker on your computer, click Start and consent to the agreement. Then, connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
Step 2Once your iOS device gets recognized, follow the on-screen instructions to download the jailbreak program.
Step 3 After downloading the jailbreak tool, click Start Jailbreaking to jailbreak your device.
Step 4 Once the jailbreak process completes, click the Next button to proceed.
Step 5 Now, please confirm the device info and click Start Remove button to start unlocking your device.
Method 2. Unlock Apple ID Locked for Security Reasons via iforgot.apple.com
Another method that you can use to unlock Apple ID disabled for security reasons is by visiting Apple official website and then by clicking in forget password. This method is effective when you know whether the recovery key or any security questions or if you will be able to do the two factor authentication. It depends on the form of security you have setup while at the time of creating your account. This method only works if you remember or are able to perform any of the tasks mentioned above. Do follow the step by step guide to perform this process and to unlock your Apple ID account.
- 1. Visit iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID in the box.
- 2.1 If you have setup the older security method, then enter your 14-digit code and click Continue.
- 2.2 If you have set up two factor authentication, then it will send a code to your other trusted device or a text message on your phone. You have to enter this information and then click Continue.
- 3. After verification, you can create a new password. Once done, you can log in to your Apple account with your new password and Apple ID. Your iPhone should work properly and now you will be able to use it as before.
When your Apple ID has been locked for security reasons, you need to follow the above steps remove or unlock your Appld ID. Although, all the steps mentioned are effective but sometimes, we don’t have any other trusted device and don’t have access to any recovery email too. So here UltFone Activation Unlocker plays an important role. It is safe, trustable and very fast. No doubt, you can use it to remove your Apple ID from a device. UltFone support team is available most of the time and replys as soon as possible. So don’t hesitate reaching out to it to fix the "this Apple ID has been disabled due to security reasons" issue.