7 Tips to Fix Samsung Tablet Frozen
My niece was using my tab to play the temple run game. Suddenly, my tab froze and won’t turn off, and it keeps presenting the same screen. Is there any way to fix this issue?
If this situation sounds familiar to you, there is no need to fret. However, the Samsung tablet frozen won’t turn off or on issue has to be inspected and resolved as soon as possible. Otherwise, things can get worse. Fortunately, you are in the right place. Be calm and continue reading. In this post, we have covered all possible solutions that can help unfreeze your frozen Samsung tablet.
- Part 1. The Common Tips to Unfreeze a Samsung Tablet
- Part 2. Fix a Frozen Samsung Tablet without Data Loss
Part 1. The Common Tips to Unfreeze a Samsung Tablet
Here are all the common workarounds you can try when your Samsung tablet is frozen. Keep in mind that you may have to go through multiple solutions to find out which one works for you.
Tip 1. Force Restart a Frozen Samsung Tablet
In case you wonder Samsung tablet frozen how to restart, try force restarting your device. With force reboot, your device’s operating system will forcibly shut down. This will give a brand-new start to your Samsung tab and ensure that you do not encounter the frozen issue on your device.
Here’s how to force restart your Samsung tablet:
- Press and hold the “Volume Down + Power” keys at the same for about 7seconds.
- If the above does not work for you, press and hold down the “Power” ley for about 2 minutes. Once the device has turned off, leave the tab off for a while. Then, press and hold the “Power” key again to power on.
- If you are still cannot reboot your tab using keys, let the device drains out and then charge it for about 30 minutes before you turn it on again.
Tip 2. Close or Uninstall Apps
If your Samsung Galaxy tablet frozen while using a specific application, then simply force quit or uninstall the app to fix the issue.
- On your device, navigate to the “Settings” menu.
- Click on “Apps.”
- Locate and choose the application that is causing this issue.
- Click on the “Force Stop” option.
- If your application keeps freezing even after force stopping it, uninstall the app from your device. for that, you need to then click on the “Delete” or “Uninstall” option.
Tip 3. Free Up Memory Space
One of the plausible reasons your Samsung tablet frozen won't turn on/off could be many unwanted data stored on your tab. Therefore, if you believe that you do not have enough free memory space available, you need to free up memory space to resolve the issue.
Thanks to the Device Maintenance feature present in Samsung devices, you can now remove unwanted data from the device with ease. No worries!! This will only erase residual, cached, and advertisement content from your device. Your data such as videos, messages, audios, and photos will not be deleted.
Here’s how to free up memory space:
- Step 1: On your Samsung device, go to “Settings”.
- Step 2: Click on “Device Maintenance” or “Device Care”.
- Step 3: Once the device completes the scan process, click on “Storage”.
Step 4: Click on “Clean Now”.
Tip 4. Install Updates
It could be possible that you are facing a Samsung tablet screen frozen issue due to an outdated software version on your device. So, to fix the problem, check whether your device is up-to-date or not. Here’s how to do that:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Click on the “Software Update” option.
- Tap “Download and Install.”
- If any updates are available, then install them right away.
Tip 5. How to Restart a Frozen Samsung Tablet in Safe Mode
You can also try restarting your frozen Samsung device in Safe mode to fix the issue. We recommend this method, especially if you have lately installed any new apps on your device. It could be possible that these new applications are causing your device to freeze up. With Safe Mode, you can figure out this and then simply delete these apps from your tab.
Here’s how to enter Safe Mode on the Samsung Galaxy tab:
- Step 1: Press and hold down the “Power” button until the Power off screen appears.
- Step 2: Click and hold down the “Power off” option until you see the “Safe Mode” option.
Step 3: Click on “Safe Mode” and then your tab will reboot to show the Home Screen in Safe mode.
- Step 4: You can now turn on your tab in Safe mode. To do so, turn off your device and then turn it back on. After that, press and hold down the “Volume Down” button when the Samsung logo appears. Now, the device will enter Safe mode, and you will see the Safe mode option display on the bottom left of the screen.
- Step 5: Use your device usually to inspect if the problem you were facing has been fixed while your device is in Safe mode. If yes, then the problem is the apps you have installed lately. So, simply get rid of these apps to fix the issue.
To exit Safe mode, simply press and hold down the “Power” button and then click “Restart”. If the problem “my Samsung tablet is frozen” persists when your tablet is running in Safe mode, then it simply means that the issue is not related to apps.
Tip 6. How to Reset a Frozen Samsung Galaxy Tablet
If nothing above helps you fix the issue, your final common workaround is factory resetting your device. Resetting your tablet to the factory settings will erase all the data and settings. If you wonder how to reset frozen Samsung Galaxy tablet, then there are two ways:
1. Factory reset via the Settings menu
To factory reset your Samsung tab through Settings, follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Go to Settings.
- Step 2: Click on “General Management”.
- Step 3: Tap “Reset”>” Factory Data Reset”.
Step 4: Click on “Reset”.
2. Factory reset Samsung tablet via Recovery Mode
To factory reset your Samsung tab using the key combinations, follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Power off your device.
Step 2: Launch the recovery menu using the key combinations.
On devices with a home button: Press and hold down the “Volume Up + Home + Power” keys at the same time. Release keys when you see the recovery menu.
On devices without a home button: Press and hold down the “Volume Up + Power” keys at the same time. Release keys when you see the recovery menu.
Step 3: Once you see the recovery menu, use the “Volume” keys to highlight the “Wipe data/factory reset” option. And then use the “Power” key to select.
- Step 4: Use the “Volume Down” key to highlight the “Yes” option and “Power” key to select it.
That’s how to unfreeze a Samsung tablet by resetting the device to factory settings.
Part 2. Fix a Frozen Samsung Tablet without Data Loss
In case common troubleshooting solutions are of no help to you, no worries!! Try UltFone Android System Repair and fix Samsung Galaxy tablet frozen won’t turn off/on issue without data loss. With its one-click solution, you can fix 150+ Android issues, including frozen screen, black screen, and more. Above all, you do not need any technical skills to use it.
Here’s how to unfreeze a Samsung Galaxy tablet without data loss.
Step 1 Run the UltFone Android System Repair tool, connect your device to the computer and click on the Repair Android System option.
Step 2 Once clicking on the “Repair Now” button, you need to enter your device information.
Step 3 Let the software download the firmware package for your device. After downloading it, again click on the “Repair Now” button.
Step 4 After the firmware package is downloaded successfully, you can click “Repair Now” button to put your device into download mode by following the onscreen instructions. Once the tablet is in download mode, this program start repairing the system using the firmware package.
The Bottom Line
There is no need to fret when your Samsung tablet frozen on logo, app or won’t turn off/on. The common troubleshooting methods mentioned here may help you fix the problem on your device. If not, the UltFone Android System Repair tool will surely come in handy to eliminate the problem once and for all on your Samsung Galaxy tab.