How to Delete Specific/All LINE Chats on Computer & Phone?
- Jerry Cook
- Updated on 2022-04-21 to  Transfer
LINE is one of the widely popular messaging platforms that millions of global users use to stay in touch with their close ones. While it may not be as popular as WhatsApp, LINE still has its fair share of a fanbase who uses it on a daily basis. Now, anyone using LINE would also want to know how to delete LINE chat history as it can be quite helpful in different situations.
Let’s say you are switching to a different smartphone and want to erase all the personal messages on your older device. In this situation, it would be crucial to personally delete all the LINE messages to ensure that no one could read your private conversations whatsoever. So, if you’ve been looking for ways on how to delete LINE messages permanently, continue reading. In this guide, we’ll walk you through different ways to erase LINE chat on both smartphones and computers.
- Part 1: FAQs about Deleting LINE Chat History
- Part 2: Delete Specific LINE Chats on Computer/Phone
- Part 3: Delete All LINE Chats on Computer/Phone
- Part 4: Transfer LINE Chats from Android to iPhone
Part 1: FAQs about Deleting LINE Chat History
Now, before we start discussing different ways to delete LINE chat history, let’s first address a few frequently asked questions that are common for users who want to get rid of their conversations in LINE.
- 1. Will Other People Know If I Delete LINE Chat History?
The answer is No! Even if you delete your LINE chat history, no one in your contact list would get a whiff about it. However, if you unsend a particular message, the receiver will get notified that you have unsent the message.
- 2. Can I Still Unsend a Message After Deleting it?
Another query that users have regarding what happens when you delete chat history on LINE is if it’s possible to unsend a message after one has deleted it manually. Unfortunately, if you have deleted a text inside a LINE chat room, you won’t be able to unsend it because it would already have been removed from the room.
Part 2: Delete Specific LINE Chats on Computer/Phone
So, let’s quickly walk you through the detailed step-by-step procedure to delete LINE chats on your computer phone. We’ll first understand how you can delete a particular LINE chat from your list on both devices.
- Step 1: One your phone/computer, open LINE and select the conversation from which you want to delete the message.
Step 2: Then, long-press the particular message. A pop-up will appear on your screen. Here tap the “Delete Message” button to complete the process.
If you are using LINE on a computer, you can simply click on the particular conversation and tap the “Delete” button to remove it from the chat room.
Part 3: Delete All LINE Chats on Computer/Phone
Now, if you are looking to delete LINE messages permanently, the process will be slightly different. Follow these steps to delete all LINE chats on your computer or phone.
- Step 1: On your system, open LINE and hover the mouse to the bottom-left corner of the screen. Here, tap the “Settings” icon and click on “Chat”.
- Step 2: Then, tap “Chat History” and click on “This Device”. This will automatically select the current account you have logged into on your device.
- Step 3: Finally, click the “Delete” button to delete all your LINE conversations immediately.
- Step 1: On your smartphone, open the LINE app and tap the “Settings” icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
Step 2: Under the “General Settings” tab, click on “Chat” and then, click the “Delete Chat History” button.
- Step 3: If a pop-up appears on your screen, simply tap the “Delete” button again to complete the process. This will delete all your personal LINE conversations.
Part 4: Transfer LINE Chats from Android to iPhone
Now, in some cases you may not even want to delete the LINE chats. For instance, if you are switching your smartphone, it would be better to transfer LINE chats instead of deleting them permanently. Of course, there are direct ways to transfer LINE chats from one device to the other, things can easily become tricky when we talk about cross-platform data transfer.
If you want to transfer LINE chats from Android to iPhone, you would need a professional tool such as UltFone for LINE. It’s a professional data transfer tool that’s primarily designed to move WhatsApp from one device to the other.
However, it also supports other messaging platforms, which means you can also move it to transfer messages from LINE, KIK, WeChat, etc. As far as LINE is concerned, UltFone Transfer supports Android to iPhone data transfer. So, if you are moving from Android to iOS and need to move your LINE conversations to the new device, simply install UltFone Transfer on your system and use it to complete the process.
Some of the key features of UltFone transfer include:
- Transfer WhatsApp & WhatsApp Business from Android to iOS and vice versa
- Backup & Restore WhatsApp/LINE/Kik/WeChat Data with a Single Click
- Transfer LINE from Android to iPhone using Google Drive
- Compatible with iOS/iPad 15 and Android OS 12
So, here’s the step-by-step process to transfer LINE chats from Android to iPhone using UltFone Transfer.
Step 1 Launch UltFone Transfer on your computer and select the “LINE” icon from the list.
Step 2 Now, connect both the devices to the computer and click the “Transfer” button. Make sure to choose Android as the source and iPhone as the target device.
Step 3 UltFone will display on-screen instructions to back up LINE chat to Google Drive on your Android device. Follow these instructions carefully to successfully back up LINE chat to Google Drive.
Step 4 At this point, you’ll have to authorize your Android device by scanning the QR code appearing on your screen. Then, follow the on-screen instructions again to log into the Google Drive account you have used on your Android device to backup LINE chat.
Step 5 Now, simply install and log in to your LINE account on the iPhone and tap the “Logged IN” button on your screen.
Step 6 UltFone will automatically start restoring the LINE conversations on the iPhone. This process might take a few seconds to complete, depending on the overall size of the LINE backup.
Step 7 Now LINE transfer is completed. Go to check the backup data on your iPhone
That’s everything you need to know about how to delete LINE chat history on your smartphone or computer. Whether you want to permanently delete your LINE account or simply want to move to a different device, deleting LINE chats will ensure that no one could get access to your private conversations. And, if you are looking for an effective way to transfer LINE chat from Android to iPhone, install UltFone for LINE on your computer and use it to move all your LINE chats to the latter.