Effective Ways to Transfer WhatsApp Backup from iCloud to Google Drive
Android phones can only backup WhatsApp data to the chosen Google Drive account. Whereas, iPhones only backup WhatsApp data to the iCloud account. The need to transfer WhatsApp backup on iCloud to Google Drive occurs when you plan to update your iPhone to a new Android device. It could probably be Samsung, Huawei, or some other Android-operated device. This guide will help you to backup your precious data and cover all your queries.
- Part 1: Can I Transfer WhatsApp Backup from iCloud to Google Drive?
- Part 2: Transfer WhatsApp Backup from iCloud to Google Drive [100% Work]
- Part 3: Transfer WhatsApp Photos from iCloud Drive to Google Drive
Part 1: Can I Transfer WhatsApp Backup from iCloud to Google Drive?
No, it is impossible to transfer WhatsApp backup from iCloud to Google Drive directly. No known method could make a direct transfer possible. The reason this transfer didn't happen is pretty solid. WhatsApp has end-to-end encryption to ensure the security and privacy of your conversations.
Both Android and iOS devices have different end-to-end encryption methods. Therefore, no known process could transfer iCloud WhatsApp to Google Drive directly. But some third-party apps and software can make data transfer possible. Continue reading the article to learn more about how to transfer WhatsApp from iCloud to Google Drive.
Part 2: How to Transfer WhatsApp Backup from iCloud to Google Drive?
First of all, you need to transfer all your WhatsApp data from iCloud to your iPhone. Then, send all the recovered data from the iPhone to the Android device. After that, save WhatsApp data to Google Account for backup. In this part of the article, you will find out how to do it. Let’s dive into it!
Step 1: Restore WhatsApp from iCloud to iPhone
If the data you are trying to transfer is there in your iCloud, you must follow these steps. Read all the steps carefully to make the transfer successful:
From the App Store, download the latest version of WhatsApp. Then open the app and enter your phone number with which you have backed up WhatsApp and plan to transfer.
Restore Your WhatsApp Data
After giving the phone details, WhatsApp will ask whether you want to restore WhatsApp from your iCloud or not.
After clicking "Restore Chat History," you can get back all the data backed up the last time. You must ensure the following points before restoring the backed data:
- You must have enough free storage on your phone to support the restoring process. Usually, you need to keep a room double the size of the backed data for convenience.
- Make sure you enter the correct phone number. Use the phone number whose data you had previously backed up. You must not restore the chat history from a different WhatsApp number.
Step 2: Transfer WhatsApp Backup from Your iPhone to Android Device
The next step after restoring WhatsApp data is to transfer it to Android device. Due to advancements in technology and the launch of new software, it is easy to transfer files between two devices. We can shift a great deal of data from one device to another with just a single click. With UltFone WhatsApp Transfer Software, you can transfer the restored WhatsApp data from iPhone to any Android device.
- Transfer WhatsApp and Business WhatsApp betweeb iOS and Android devices.
- Back up WhatsApp and restore whenever you want.
- Restore iTunes WhatsApp backup to iPhone or Android.
- Support more than 5000 devices.
Here is how you can use the software to transfer your WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android:
Install UltFone WhatsApp Transfer on Computer
Go and visit the official website of the UltFone WhatsApp Transfer and download it for desktop. Install and open the software, then select WhatsApp Transfer. This software supports all iPhone and Android devices, including flagship phones.
Connect both the Devices to PC
Connect both phones using connecting ports to the computer. Ensure that the source device (iPhone) displays as you see on the left side of the screen.
Choose to Transfer WhatsApp Messages
Click the Transfer button to start transferring the data from the iPhone to an Android device. It will take some time as UltFone WhatsApp Transfer will backup data on iPhone before shifting it. Verify the backup account for WhatsApp and generate files for transfer. Finally, you will have your files transferred. You can check detailed guide here.
Along with that, UltFone also specializes in backup and restoration of Business WhatsApp data.
Step 3: Back up WhatsApp from Android to Google Drive
It is the final step of transferring WhatsApp backup from iCloud to Google Drive. Before backing up the data to Google Drive, you must have:
- Signed in your Google Drive account on your Android phone.
- Installed Google Play Services on the phone.
- Sufficient storage space is available on Google Drive.
- A stable internet connection.
You can back up the WhatsApp data in the following steps:
Launch the WhatsApp app and navigate for chat backup. Go to settings > Chats > Chat backup.
Google Drive and Backup Settings
From here, choose the Google Drive account that you are using to backup your WhatsApp data. You can add a new Google Drive account if you wish. You can also choose the backup frequency from here. We do not recommend that you select Never.
Select Network for the Backup Process
Tap on Backup Over to select your internet provider for backing up. You can choose your Wi-Fi or Cellular Data. You can also choose to back up your data manually. It allows you to back up your chat history on Google Drive at any time.
Part 3: Transfer WhatsApp Photos from iCloud Drive to Google Drive
The following method will help you to transfer photos from iCloud to Google Drive WhatsApp. For that purpose, PC users need to download the iCloud Drive app.
1. Open two Finder windows on Mac and two File Explorer windows on PC.
2. Tap on iCloud Drive in the left bar in one window.
3. Select Google Drive in the other window.
4. Click on the first file in the iCloud Drive folder.
5. Select the last/ending file in the iCloud Drive folder while holding the shift key. It will select all the files in between.
6. Drag the files over to the Google Drive folder to transfer them.
With the advancements in software technologies, you can now switch from iPhone to Android without fearing losing your WhatsApp data. Software like UltFone WhatsApp Transfer makes the transfer of iCloud WhatsApp to Google Drive possible. You can control data transferring from one device to another with just a single click. We hope this step by step guide will have given you enough knowledge to transfer WhatsApp backup from iCloud to Google Drive and retrieve all your backed WhatsApp data.