Airdrop Not Working iPhone 14? How to Fix [Pro & Pro Max Included]
"My airdrop is not working. My wife and I just activated our iPhone 14 Pro’s and Air Drop is not working on either phone. We checked Air Drop settings, turned WiFI & Bluetooth on/off with both phones, powered the phones off/on. Any other suggestions?"
The iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro have been out for about a year now, and some users are still reporting issues with AirDrop. As evidenced by posts online, one of the more common AirDrop problems seems to be getting it to work properly between new iPhone 14 models.
If you just upgraded and are having trouble using AirDrop between your iPhone 14 and other iPhones or Apple devices, don't worry - there are several troubleshooting steps you can take to get AirDrop functioning again. This guide will walk through the most common AirDrop fixing solutions for any iPhone 14 or iPhone 14 Pro.
- Part 1. Why My Airdrop is Not Working?
- Part 2. How do I Get My Apple AirDrop to Work on iPhone 14?
- Fix 1. Check Screen Time Restrictions on iPhone
- Fix 2. Check AirDrop settings
- Fix 3. Restart Your iPhone
- Fix 4. Reset Network Settings
- Fix 5. Check for New Update on iPhone 14
- Fix 6. Reset all Settings (Data Loss)
- Part 3. Final No.7 Solution - Fix iOS System without Data Loss (Gain Airdrop in Mintes)
- Part 4. People Also Ask about Airdoop Not Working on iPhone 14
Part 1. Why My Airdrop is Not Working?
There are a few common reasons why iPhone 14 airdrop not working properly after upgrading to an iPhone 14/14 Pro. The most likely causes include incorrect AirDrop settings being enabled, bugs introduced in the latest iOS software updates, and general software errors. For example, if Wi-Fi or Bluetooth is turned off, AirDrop connectivity will fail.
The auto-accept setting may also be blocking incoming AirDrop requests. Issues can also arise after installing iOS updates that impact the AirDrop system.
Luckily, whatever the source of the problem, there are straightforward troubleshooting steps you can take to get AirDrop working again on your new iPhone.
Part 2. How do I Get My Apple AirDrop to Work on iPhone 14?
Fix 1. Check Screen Time Restrictions on iPhone
Screen Time restrictions can cause issues with AirDrop if not properly configured. To fix iPhone 14 pro airdrop not working:
1. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps
2. Make sure AirDrop is enabled here. If not, toggle it on.
3. Also, check that Contacts Only is not enabled under AirDrop settings unless all contacts are added.
4. Turning Contacts Only off makes your device visible to everyone, which can resolve connectivity problems.
Fix 2. Check AirDrop Settings
AirDrop requires both devices to have Bluetooth and Wi-Fi turned on, and be within close range. Start by verifying your basic AirDrop settings are correct. Here is how to fix airdrop is not working on iPhone 14:
1. Enable both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on both devices attempting to connect.
2. Keep the two devices within 30 feet of one another.
3. Turn off Personal Hotspot if it's on.
4. In AirDrop settings, choose "Everyone" instead of "Contacts Only" to make your iPhone 14 discoverable.
5. Make sure AirDrop is turned on in Control Center as well.
Fix 3. Restart Your iPhone
A simple restart can often resolve temporary software glitches impacting AirDrop. To quickly try this fix iPhone 14 pro max airdrop not working:
1. Hold down the Side button and either Volume button until the power off slider appears.
2. Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone 14. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Hold the Side button again until you see the Apple logo to restart the iPhone.
Fix 4. Reset Network Settings
Resetting your network settings will clear out any problematic settings that may be interfering with connections like AirDrop. Just note this will reset all network settings. Here is how to fix airdrop not working on iPhone 14:
1. Go to Settings > General > Reset.
2. Tap Reset Network Settings and confirm.
Fix 5. Check for New Update on iPhone 14
Installing the latest iOS updates can fix AirDrop bugs.
1. Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
2. If an iOS update is available, tap "Download and Install" to update your iPhone 14 to the latest version.
3. Once updated, try using AirDrop again to see if the issue is resolved. iOS 17 specifically has fixed AirDrop for some users.
Fix 6. Reset all settings (Data Loss)
As a last resort, reset all settings to factory defaults, which will force AirDrop to reconfigure.
1.Go to Settings > General > Reset.
2.Tap "Reset All Settings" to erase all settings and network settings.
3.Your device will restart. Set it up again and test if AirDrop works properly after the reset.
4.You will need to reconfigure any custom settings, like wallpaper, notifications, etc., that were erased.
Part 3. Final No.7 Solution - Fix iOS System without Data Loss (Gain Airdrop in Mintes)
If trying all the troubleshooting steps doesn't get AirDrop working again on your iPhone 14, there is still one more powerful solution - using a dedicated iOS repair tool like UltFone iOS System Repair.
UltFone iOS System Repair is an advanced utility designed to fix over 150 different iOS system issues, including problems with AirDrop connectivity. It can safely repair your iPhone's operating system without ever losing your data or settings.
Some key benefits of UltFone iOS System Repair for resolving AirDrop connection problems include:
- Works for all iOS versions, including iOS 17 and the latest iPhone models like iPhone 14/14 Pro
- No technical skills are required, just a few clicks to repair system issues
- Fixes stagnant Apple logo, restart loops, black screens, and other problems
- Repairs iOS without deleting your data or settings
- A safer alternative to factory resetting the device or iTunes restore
Here are the steps to fix Airdrop issues iPhone 14 using UltFone iOS System Repair:
- Step 1Download and install UltFone iOS System Repair on your Windows or Mac computer. Connect your iPhone 14 to the computer with a USB cable when prompted. UltFone will automatically detect your device.
- Step 2From the main interface, choose "Standard Repair" mode. This will scan your iPhone 14 and identify any iOS issues causing the AirDrop problems.
- Step 3 UltFone will then download the latest iOS firmware needed for your iPhone model. Wait for this process to finish.
- Step 4Click "Start Standard Repair" to safely repair the underlying iOS system errors without losing any data. This will put your iPhone into recovery mode temporarily.
- Step 5In just a few minutes, the repair will be complete. UltFone will reboot your iPhone 14 back to normal. After this process, AirDrop should now be working properly again on your iPhone 14.
Part 4. People Also Ask about Airdoop Not Working on iPhone 14
Q1. Where is airdrop on iphone 14?
On iPhone 14, access AirDrop through the Control Center by swiping down from the top-right corner and holding the network settings card in the top-left. Customize AirDrop preferences in the expanded card that appears.
Q2. How to turn on airdrop on iphone 14 pro max?
Many people are curious about how to do airdrop on iphone 14. To enable AirDrop on an iPhone 14, open Control Center and tap the AirDrop icon to turn it on. Choose if you want to receive from Contacts Only or Everyone. You can also turn it on in Settings under General.
Q3. How do I get my Apple AirDrop to work?
First, ensure Bluetooth and WiFi are enabled with devices close together. Check AirDrop settings are correct in the Control Center. If issues persist, use a tool like UltFone iOS System Repair to safely fix software issues causing AirDrop problems.
Q4. Can i airdrop music from mac to iPhone?
Yes, you can AirDrop music files and playlists directly from a Mac to an iPhone. Just make sure both devices have AirDrop turned on and are close to each other.
AirDrop is an incredibly useful wireless sharing feature between Apple devices. But if you just upgraded to an iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 cannot airdrop, don't panic. As covered in this guide, Using UltFone iOS System Repair can quickly get AirDrop functioning again. With the right steps, you'll be wirelessly sharing files in no time.