iPhone 11 CarPlay Not Working? Here's The Fix
Apple CarPlay is very useful for all iPhone users. It was designed to provide a smart and safe way to enable users to keep using their iPhone while driving. From making calls, using apps, listening to music, and using the text message service while staying safe. That’s why; it is frustrating when the iPhone 11 Pro CarPlay is not working. The issues arise after the iOS 14 update. So, in this guide, we are going to resolve the CarPlay working issues quickly.
- Part 1. Make Sure You've Set Up CarPlay Correctly
- Part 2. Some Tips to Fix If CarPlay Not Working on iPhone 11 and Other iOS 14 Devices
- Part 3. None Works?
Part 1. Make Sure You've Set Up CarPlay Correctly
Before you consider that the iPhone 11 Apple CarPlay is not working, you need to make sure that you’ve set up the CarPlay feature in the correct manner. When the feature is not set up carefully, it is apparent that you are going to experience some kind of issue. Follow the steps below to set up CarPlay:
- 1. Make sure that the region you are living in supports CarPlay and your Car has the support as well.
- 2. Start your car, and make sure that Siri is on. If your car supports USB connection for CarPlay, plug in your iPhone, and you will see the CarPlay icon or smartphone icon on the screen.
If the car supports the Wireless CarPlay feature, access the voice command button on the steering wheel. Keep the stereo in wireless or Bluetooth mode.
Take your iPhone and open settings > General > CarPlay, and you will see the available car list on the screen. Select your car, and you are all set to use the iPhone features directly from your car.
Part 2. Some Tips to Fix If CarPlay Not Working on iPhone 11 and Other iOS 14 Devices
If you have connected the iPhone with a car accurately and still having issues, this means there is another dormant problem with the feature. So, we have gathered up some tips that will help you to fix the CarPlay not working issue.
- Tip 1. Restart your iPhone and CarPlay System
- Tip 2. Update iOS to the Latest Version
- Tip 3. Make Sure Siri Is On
- Tip 4. Check Your Restrictions
- Tip 5. Disable Bluetooth and Enable It Again
- Tip 6. Pair Your iPhone With the Car Again
- Tip 7. Reset Network Settings
- Tip 8. Repair iPhone System to Fix CarPlay Not Connecting on iPhone
Tip 1. Restart your iPhone and CarPlay System
The simple and straightforward fix to resolve the CarPlay not working on iPhone 11 errors is to restart your iPhone and the CarPlay system. This will halt other activities that might be interrupting the working and fix the problem.
For the iPhone, press the Power button and wait for the slider to appear on the screen. Drag the slider to the right and turn off your iPhone. Restart it after a few seconds and then try to connect it with the car.
If the connection problem continues, turn off the Infotainment system on your car and switch it back on. See if this fix resolves the issue; if not, then try the next tip.
Tip 2. Update iOS to the Latest Version
Apple Inc is trying to fix the bugs and errors that are caused by the iOS update. The “iPhone 11 pro not working with CarPlay” problem might be a result of the update. So, you should check for a new update and install it right away.
Open Settings > General > Software Update. See if any update is available and download it. Install the update as soon as possible, and the problem will be fixed.
Tip 3. Make Sure Siri Is On
When the iPhone 11 Apple CarPlay is not working, don’t forget to check if there is a problem with Siri. If the glitch is related to Siri, then the feature obviously won’t work. Try turning off Siri and switching it back on to fix the error.
1. Open Settings and go to Siri. Tap on the option that says, “Allow Hey Siri” and set up voice recognition for Siri.
- 2. Once the feature is enabled, turn it off and on whenever there is a problem using CarPlay.
It will stop Siri and clear out minor errors that might have been causing the problem firsthand.
Tip 4. Check Your Restrictions
In some cases, users experience the iPhone 11 Pro Max CarPlay not working issue because the feature is restricted on your iPhone. It will disable the CarPlay feature without your knowledge or displaying any notification. To fix this, you can follow the steps below:
Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. See the list of Allowed App and make sure that the CarPlay feature is not restricted.
As you disable the restrictions, your problem will be solved, and the CarPlay feature will work again seamlessly.
Tip 5. Disable Bluetooth and Enable It Again
If the CarPlay is still not connecting, then you need to check your Bluetooth connection. It goes without saying that if the problem is with Bluetooth, you won’t be able to establish a connection with the car. Try disabling Bluetooth and enabling it after some time.
1. Open Settings > Bluetooth, and toggle the bar to switch the Bluetooth off.
- 2. Exit the app and again head to Bluetooth settings to turn it on.
Check again if there is a problem with the connection or not.
Tip 6. Pair Your iPhone With the Car Again
When the Bluetooth fix doesn’t work, try unpairing your iPhone with the car and pairing it again. It often happens that the Bluetooth connection between the car and the iPhone gets corrupted. So, all you need to do to resolve the iPhone 11 CarPlay not working issue is to pair your iPhone once more with the car.
- 1. Launch the Settings app and open Bluetooth. While the iPhone is connected to the car, you will see the “i” icon next to the car’s Bluetooth connection.
2. Tap on the icon and hit the “Forget this Car” option. Once you have unpaired the device with the car, turn off Bluetooth and close the settings from background apps as well. Don’t forget to restart your iPhone.
- 3. Now relaunch the app and open Bluetooth Settings. Look for your car name under the available device's screen and pair your iPhone with the car.
This method is likely to fix your problem, but if you are not having much luck, then there are still a few other methods left to try.
Tip 7. Reset Network Settings
At last, the conclusion can be drawn that there is a network problem on your device. Hence, to rectify the iPhone 11 Pro CarPlay not working error, you need to reset the Network Settings on your iPhone. Don’t worry; it won’t erase data from your device. Only the device settings will be reset to default to make sure that CarPlay has all permissions it needs to work correctly.
1. Go to the Settings app > General > Reset, and there you will see the Reset Network Settings.
- 2. Select the option and enter your device passcode when prompted to confirm the reset.
Wait as the network settings are reset to default, and your iPhone will restart automatically. Pair the device with the car and try using the CarPlay feature one more time.
Tip 8. Repair iPhone System to Fix CarPlay Not Connecting on iPhone
When the CarPlay is not working on iPhone 11, and you can’t resolve the problem with common fixes, it is time to use UltFone iOS System Repair tool. It is a professional tool that can be used for various software related issues, including CarPlay not connecting, recovery mode stuck, Apple logo stuck, black screen, etc. With a simple and user-friendly interface, the software can be used by any non-technical user to repair their device.
All you need to do to get the software is to download it from the official website. Carry out the installation process carefully and when the software is ready for use, follow the steps below:
1. Launch the program and connect your iPhone with it. You will see three different options on the screen. Select the Repair Operating system feature and specify which mode you want to use. Then click on the “Fix Now” button.
Free Download For Win 10/8.1/8/7/XP Secure Download Free Download For macOS 10.15 and below Secure Download
- For better results, you can consider using Deep Repair Mode, but keep in mind that it will erase data from your device.
2. To prepare for the repair process, the software will prompt you to download the firmware file that is compatible with your device. Click on the “Download” button and wait as the file is downloaded on the system and verified.
3. Now, click on the “Repair Now” button from the screen and initiate the repair. Wait patiently as the software works and resolve software issues on your device.
When the process ends, your device will automatically reboot, and you will have an issue-free device. The software will repair the iOS system like a pro.
Part 3. None Works?
There are still many users who can’t fix the CarPlay, not connecting issue after trying all these methods. In such conditions, it will be better to contact Apple support and get expert help. As long as the problem is software related, it can be fixed by UltFone iOS System Repair tool with guarantee, but if the cause can’t be determined, then you must leave the matter to Apple.
These are the fixes that can help you resolve the CarPlay not connecting issue. We hope that at least one of the fixes works out for you. That’s why we recommend using UltFone iOS System Repair tool as it can eliminate all major and minor software related issues on iOS devices.