Shadow Pokémon: How to Get it
When Team Go Rocket conquered Pokémon GO in 2019, many lost their collection items. The squad started robbing players who were mid-Pokéstop spin to grab their equipment. If you didn't previously know, Team GO Rocket steals stuff from other players using a Shadow Pokémon. The only way to avoid their Attack is to defeat the team at one of the Pokéstops, along with their three Shadow Pokémon.
We'll give you some advices on how to take down a shadow Pokémon, but more significantly, how to cleanse it to make your job easier. Therefore, without further ado, let's begin the guide.
- Part 1: Shadow Pokémon & Purified Pokémon
- Part 2: How to Catch Shadow Pokémon in Pokémon Go
- Part 3: What Are Shadow Pokémon Good for?
- Part 4: How to Get More Shadow Pokémon in Pokémon Go Effortlessly?
- Part 5: How to Purify Shadow Pokémon in Pokémon Go?
- Part 6: Is Shadow the Strongest Pokémon?
- Part 7: Can You Trade Shadow Pokemon
Part 1: Shadow Pokémon & Purified Pokémon
- After you defeat them in combat, Team GO Rocket members leave Shadow Pokémon behind, allowing you to find and capture them. More Candy and Stardust are needed for Shadow Pokémon to Power Up and unlock a second Charged Attack than for ordinary Pokémon.
- With their Fast and Charged Attacks, Shadow Pokémon are also more destructive, but they are also more vulnerable to attack damage. Similar to Weather Boosts, Shadow Pokémon's additional damage is displayed as a "Shadow Bonus" next to their attacks on the summary page.
- All Shadow Pokémon have the Charged Attack Frustration when they are captured. Except for rare occurrences, Frustration cannot be unlearned with a TM until the Shadow Pokémon have been purged. Keep an eye on our official blog for information on forthcoming in-game and live Pokémon GO events.
- Shadow Pokémon can be purified with a combination of Candy and Stardust. A Shadow Pokémon's value will increase, and the amount of Stardust and Candy needed to Power Up, Evolve or learn a new attack will decrease after purification.
- A Shadow Pokémon that has been purified will lose its Frustration and learn Return, a Charged Attack that is only available to purified Pokémon. Return, in contrast to Frustration, may always be unlearned with the use of a Charged TM.
Part 2: How to Catch Shadow Pokémon in Pokémon Go
Shadow Pokémon are beings whose hearts Team Go Rocket has tainted. The Shadow Pokémon in your possession has a menacing, red-eyed face and a foreboding purple aura. It will behave differently in addition to having a different appearance. Frustration, a charge move available to Shadow Pokémon, with a tripled Candy and Stardust cost to power it up.
So, how do you deal with an issue similar to a Shadow Pokémon? Purifying them is the solution, and owning a purified Pokémon has a lot of advantages that make the procedure worthwhile. You accomplish this by driving out the Team Go Rocket invaders from your neighborhood PokéStops. Similar to how you capture vanquished Raid Bosses, if you defeat a Team Go Rocket, they will ditch their Shadow Pokémon.
Part 3: What Are Shadow Pokémon Good for?
Shadow Pokemon were first introduced in the video games Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. Cipher described them as having had their feelings "locked off" to make them into fighting machines. They could not engage in combat and could not use attacks that weren't "Shadow" Moves. The only way to unlock the last lock on a Pokemon's heart door and restore them to normal was through a purification procedure.
Although it may share some similarities with Colosseum/Shadow XD's Pokemon, Pokemon GO's version is distinct enough to stand out. In Pokemon GO, the Shadow Pokemon are identified by their red eyes and purple aura. Although the Shadow Pokemon in Pokémon GO doesn't have the Shadow-based Moves that their Colosseum/XD counterparts do, their attacks still carry a "Shadow Bonus" that adds an extra point or two of damage. Players who successfully capture one from Team GO Rocket can purify it or keep it as a Shadow Pokemon.
Part 4: How to Get More Shadow Pokémon in Pokémon Go Effortlessly?
Players of Pokémon GO are often curious about tips and cheats that will help them gather more Pokémon. Today, we'll discuss one tip that will enable you to raid more Pokéstops to obtain more Shadow Pokémon. You can set the location of your iOS device to the location of a specific Team GO Rocket PokéSpot by using UltFone iOS Location Changer, a location-faking program. You can quickly raid the Pokéspot and battle the squad to acquire Shadow Pokémon after the location has been modified.
- One-Click to change GPS location to anywhere.
- Work with location-based apps, such as Pokemon Go,WhatsApp and Facebook, etc.
- Import/Export GPX file to create your own routes.
- Control your movement direction with a joystick conveniently
- Support the latest iOS 16/iPadOS 16 and iPhone 14/14 Pro/14 Plus/14 Pro Max.
- Step 1 Install and open UltFone iOS Location Changer and click GPS change from the main interface. Then snap the Enter button to proceed.
- Step 2Connect your iPhone to your computer via an Apple cable. Then select Next option on the screen.
- Step 3 You can pick a location on the map with your mouse or enter an area on the upper left search bar. After doing so, click on the "Start to Modify" option.
Part 5: How to Purify Shadow Pokémon in Pokémon Go?
It's time to purify the Shadow Pokémon you just saved from Team Go Rocket. Your chosen Shadow Pokémon should be located in your Pokémon storage first. Similar to how Shiny Pokémon have a set of silver stars next to their images, Shadow Pokémon have a purple flame.
A new option called "Purify" becomes accessible above "Power Up" and "Evolve" (if this Pokémon can evolve) if you've chosen a Shadow Pokémon. Depending on the Shadow Pokémon you choose to purify and how powerful it is, purifying it will cost a certain number of Stardust and Candy. A Squirtle, for instance, can be purified with 2,000 Stardust and 2 Squirtle Candy, whereas a Blastoise needs 5,000 Stardust and 5 Squirtle Candy.
You can witness a cutscene in which your Pokémon is cleansed of the evil that has crept into its heart by choosing "Purify" and "Yes" on the confirmation window. As a result, you will have a newly purified Pokémon.
Part 6: Is Shadow the Strongest Pokémon?
Pokémon Go continues the tradition of having mighty Shadow Pokémon. While in their Shadow forms, Shadow Pokémon have boosts to all of their moves in addition to being able to be purified to increase their CP and stats. However, shadow Pokémon also sustain more damage than regular Pokémon, turning many of them into glass cannons that fire ferociously yet cannot receive fire in Return.
Part 7: Can You Trade Shadow Pokemon
Because of their unique look and boosted stats, Shadow Pokémon can be an in-demand commodity. However, Shadow Pokémon cannot be traded. Trainers, while Purified Pokémon can be Traded, Shadow Pokémon cannot. This is to maintain game balance.
Despite being corrupt and terrible beings, Pokémon GO Shadow Pokémon have significance and add to the overall intrigue of the game. To obtain Premiere Pokéballs, you can either cleanse them or use their Shadow form to win more and more combats. If you're eager to step up your gameplay and want to gather some fascinating animals in the game, Shadow Pokémon are a fantastic alternative. You can locate the ideal location to capture a Shadow Pokemon by utilizing the UltFone iOS Location Changer feature.