Does Airplane Mode Turn Off Location? Here is the Answer
- Jerry Cook
- Updated on 2022-06-22 to  Virtual Location
My mom turned on the tracking feature on my phone so now she can see my location. Is there a way to avoid that? Maybe putting it on airplane mode?
Does airplane mode turn off location, perhaps? Airplane Mode is a helpful feature on smartphones that allows users to turn off the internet and cellular connections. On the other hand, is Airplane Mode capable of turning off GPS? If you want to discover the answer, go on to the conclusion of this essay, where we'll go through several strategies and methods for avoiding being monitored.
- Part 1: Does Airplane Mode Turn Off Location?
- Part 2: How to Completely Prevent Your iPhone/Android Phone From Being Tracked?
- Part 3: FAQs about Airplane Mode & Tracking iPhone
Part 1: Does Airplane Mode Turn Off Location?
Does Airplane mode turn off location services on Android or iPhone? Airplane Mode will not hide your location. The GPS, which can be found on the iPhone or any other device, is a different system that transmits and receives signals directly from the satellite. It also means that it's not reliant on cellular coverage, so no matter whether you're in Airplane Mode or not, someone can track you!
Fortunately, there are alternative options: using navigation software (such as Google Maps) to disable the device's built-in functionality and turning off all radios, including WiFI-enabled ones.
Part 2: How to Completely Prevent Your iPhone/Android Phone From Being Tracked?
Tip 1: Stop GPS Tracking on iPhone/Android
Does Airplane mode turn off location? For that you need to follow the below steps:
Does airplane mode turn off location on iPhone? If you have an iPhone, you may hide your GPS position by following these simple instructions.
- Step 1. To open the Control Center on your iPhone, swipe from the bottom of the Home screen. Slide down from the top-right corner of the screen on an iPhone X or later.
Step 2. Click the aircraft symbol on your iPhone to activate Airplane Mode. You may also turn it on by going to Settings > Airplane Mode.
Step 3. Toggle the button to stop GPS service and protect your iPhone from being monitored under Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
Can people track your location if you're on Airplane mode? For Android users, the method for disabling location services varies depending on the smartphone brand. In most circumstances, the methods below are sufficient to disable GPS location on most Android handsets.
- Step 1. To access the Android Notification Drawer, swipe downwards on the screen. To activate the Airplane mode, look for the Airplane symbol.
- Step 2. To disable it, go to Settings > Location in the Notification Drawer.
Step 3. Remember that specific applications, such as Google Maps, only works when your phone's location is turned on, so you may not be able to use them regularly.
Tip 2: Fake Your GPS Location On iPhone
Does Airplane mode turn off location tracking? Whether you have Airplane Mode enabled on your iPhone, you are always at risk of being followed by third-party malware or other tools. Assume you want to keep other people or entities from tracking your whereabouts. In that scenario, a location faking app like UltFone iOS Location Changer may position you wherever you wish on the globe map, leaving the rest of your thoughts behind. is recommended.
Utilizing the software, you can virtually hop your iPhone to any location or area of your choice. Not only that, but the software allows you to teleport the smartphone to many locations at once with ease. If you're concerned about someone following your whereabouts in real-time, you may easily replicate your GPS movements along a predefined path to completely prevent it.
- Change your GPS position to any place with a single click.
- Use location-based applications like Pokemon Go, WhatsApp, and Facebook, among others.
- Start your chosen routes by adding GPX files.
- With the help of a joystick, you can easily control the direction of your movement.
- iPhone 13 Mini/13/13 Pro/13 Pro Max and iOS 15.5 are supported.
Steps to change location with one click:
This program is the ideal solution whether you wish to mask your actual location for privacy or security reasons. Let's look at how it adjusts the iPhone's GPS position with a single click.
- Step 1 After the software has been installed, run it. The GPS change is the default interface. To continue, choose the disclaimer and press the Enter key.
- Step 2 On the following screen, choose an iDevice to connect.
- Step 3 You may either use your mouse to choose a location on the map or type the address into the top-left search bar. After that, select "Start to Modify" from the drop-down menu.
That's all there is to change your iPhone's location. Your iPhone's location-based apps will also be modified to the phony location.
Part 3: FAQs about Airplane Mode & Tracking iPhone
1. Is Find My iPhone Available on Airplane Mode?
NO is the answer! Because location services for tracking your device usually require a network connection, tracking an iPhone on Airplane Mode is difficult.
2. Can the iPhone be tracked after Shut Down?
The answer is a resounding YES. Even when Airplane mode is turned on, your iPhone or Android device may be monitored. The GPS feature on mobile devices uses a proprietary technique that sends signals straight to satellites without needing a network or cellular connection.
3. Which Feature will be Disabled When Airplane Mode is On?
When you switch airplane mode, you won't be able to utilize any functions that need signal transmission or a network connection. Does Airplane mode shut your location off? When you enable Airplane mode on your smartphone, the following functionalities will not work:
- Emergency calls.
- Sending an email.
- Weather updates.
- iTunes and App store.
- Online video, music, or games.
- Photo sync to iCloud.
Does Airplane mode turn off location and stop tracking? You must now know the solution. To hide your actual location and safeguard your privacy, turn on Airplane mode and disable the GPS feature on your iPhone/Android. However, utilizing UltFone iOS Location Changer allows you to keep access to specific services and functionalities on your phone.