How to Transfer Music from Mac to iPhone?
I have searched for so many articles, but I cannot find the best alternative to transfer my music from the apple music app running on my m1 Mac to my iPhone? I don't want to use iCloud music sync, and I wouldn't say I like it very much. I want to transfer my files to my phone like you can do with iTunes.
Is there any alternative way to transfer music from Mac to iPhone? Here in this article, we will tell you all the feasible ways to download music from Mac to iPhone 12/11/XR/XS/X/8//6.
- Way 1. The Best Way to Transfer Music from Mac to iPhone without iTunes
- Way 2. How to Sync Songs from Mac to iPhone with Finder or iTunes
- Way 3. How to Transfer Songs from Mac to iPhone using Airdrop
- Way 4. How to Add Music from Mac to iPhone with Cloud Services
Way 1. The Best Way to Transfer Music from Mac to iPhone without iTunes
Looking for the best way to transfer music from Mac to iPhone without iTunes? Look no further; try to use UltFone iOS Data Manager. It is a one-stop solution to backup, restore, manage and transfer iOS data. It manages all your tasks in real-time and in the most efficient manner.
The Advantages of Transferring Music to iPhone using UltFone iOS Data Manager
- Transfer Music from Mac to iPhone without syncing.
- Put music from Mac to iPhone without erasing the current music files.
- One click to export all your photos from your iOS device to PC/Mac.
- Manage (add/delete/import/export) music files on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch in one click.
- Backup iPhone to computer without iTunes. Free and selectively.
- Transfer media data to/from iTunes easily.
The Steps to Import Music from Mac to iPhone with iOS Data Manager
Free download this iPhone transfer software and install it to your Mac computer. Here are the easy steps to transfer songs to iPhone from Mac computer.
Step 1 Connect your iPhone to computer and select the Manage tab from the top menus.
Step 2 Once this program detects your device, it will display the file categories on the program interface, so you can manage the iOS data in this software. For music management, click Music category on the left sidebar, and then choose Music file. All music files in this type appears on the right panel. To import music files from Mac computer, click Import button from the menu options. In the pop up window, choose the music files you’d like to import and click Open button. These music file(s) will be imported to your iPhone.
The transferred music files can be found in the Music app on your iPhone. This is the easiest and quickest way for music transfer on Mac. However, if you are curious about the traditional ways for adding songs from Mac to iPhone, read on.
Way 2. How to Sync Songs from Mac to iPhone with Finder or iTunes
When it comes to syncing songs from Mac to iPhone, iTunes (Finder for macOS Catalina or above) is one of the most popular methods and the official way to back up the iOS devices and sync data from Mac to iPhone /iPad.
How to Sync Music from Mac to iPhone Using Finder on macOS Catalina or Above
- Step 1: First of all, connect your iPhone to the Mac with the help of a USB cable and launch Finder.
- Step 2: Now, In the Finder window, select your device under the "Locations" section and go to the "Music" tab.
- Step 3: Select the option "Sync music onto [your iPhone name]" now, you will see the option to either select the "Entire music library" or "Selected artists, albums, genres, and playlists." Click on what you like.
Step 4: Ensure the music files you wish to sync are selected, and then press on "Apply" to begin syncing songs from Mac to your iPhone.
How to Sync Music from Mac to iPhone Using iTunes
- Step 1: First of all, be sure to connect your iPhone to your Mac.
- Step 2: Launch iTunes and click on the device icon to select the connected device.
- Step 3: Now, select "Music" from the left side panel and tap on the "Sync Music" option.
- Step 4: Choose the songs you wish to transfer from Mac to your iPhone.
Step 5: Once selected, click on the "Sync" option to start transferring songs from your Mac to your iPhone, and you are done. Enjoy your music!
Way 3. How to Transfer Songs from Mac to iPhone using Airdrop
If you want to transfer music from Mac to iPhone wirelessly, Airdrop should be an excellent pick. Most of the new iOS models support an inbuilt Airdrop feature. It allows you to transfer all kinds of data between your Mac device and iPhone device. Before you begin with the procedure:
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection is turned on both devices.
- Place both the gadgets nearby. Once that is done, follow the steps listed below to know how to copy music from Mac to iPhone using Airdrop.
How to Airdrop Songs from Mac to iPhone
Step 1: First of all, enable the Airdrop app from Finder or Spotlight on your Mac device and change its visibility to everyone for a seamless connection.
Step 2: Similarly enable the airdrop feature on your iPhone and set its visibility to everyone.
- Step 3: Launch Finder and go to the location where your music files are stored.
Step 4: Now, simply drag and drop the music files you like to transfer to the Airdrop app and select your iPhone as the target device.
Step 5: As soon as you complete the 4th step, you will get the notification on your iPhone asking for approval to transfer data. Click on the "Accept" button, and you are good to go.
Way 4. How to Add Music from Mac to iPhone with Cloud Services
Popular Cloud-based music streaming services such as Google Play Music, Dropbox, and Amazon Music also allow users to instantly move music from Mac to iPhone by syncing it to all their devices. These cloud music streaming services not only enable you to sync your music across your devices but also encourages you to enjoy your favorite songs without actually downloading them, saving your iPhone storage. Of course, you have an additional option to download music to your device if you like to listen offline.
To sync music to iPhone from Mac using Dropbox, follow the given steps:
- Step 1: First, Download and install Dropbox on your PC and iPhone.
- Step 2: Sign in to your Dropbox account with the same account on both devices.
- Step 3: Now quickly Upload the songs from the computer to your Dropbox account.
- Step 4: Open Dropbox on your iPhone; there, you will find all the songs you uploaded.
- Step 5: Finally, Download the songs you want from your Mac to your iPhone.
The Bottom Line
As you can see, compared to iTunes, using UltFone iOS Data Manager to transfer music from Mac to iPhone is a relatively easier and faster option. Even if you have no prior experience, you can easily send music from Mac to iPhone by following the above-mentioned steps.