How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Mac
I recently bought a new Mac. And now, I wish to transfer all my music from iPhone to Mac. Since I spent years cultivating my playlist, I do not want to lose my songs. Can someone suggest how I can solve the issue?
You may need to transfer music from iPhone to Mac to back up your valuable music files on your iPhone or to listen to iPhone music on your computer. Unlike exchanging images or videos between an iPhone and a Mac, sending soundtracks from an iPhone to a Mac or vice versa is more challenging due to copyright restrictions.
Fortunately, with the right tools, transferring music from iPhone to Mac is straightforward. Using iPhone transfer software, Apple Music, or iTunes, you may quickly transfer your playlist from your iPhone to Mac.
- Part 1: One-Click to Copy Music from iPhone to Mac with Third-Party iPhone to Mac Music Transfer Software (Non-purchased Songs Included)
- Part 2: How to Sync Music from iPhone to Mac with iTunes (Doesn’t Work for macOS Catalina or Later)
- Part 3: How to Get Music from iPhone to Mac via Apple Music
- Part 4: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Mac via AirDrop
Part 1: One-Click to Copy Music from iPhone to Mac with Third-Party iPhone to Mac Music Transfer Software (Non-purchased Songs Included)
UltFone iOS Data Manager is an all-in-one iOS file manager that can backup, recover, transfer, and manage all your data on iOS devices. When working with iOS data, you will never have to worry about laborious tasks.
The ability to transfer files between an iPhone and Mac/PC will be far more flexible than before. Music, images, movies, WhatsApp messages and attachments, contacts, and messages are among the file formats supported.
Advantages of Ultfone iOS Data Manager
- You can back up specific files on a case-by-case basis.
- You can preview backup files for free and then restore them selectively later.
- Back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to your computer without worrying about running out of space.
- Time-saving. For a backup of a 50GB file, only half an hour is required.
- There is no need for a network.
- You can transfer non-purchased music too.
- View all backup lists, including backup dates and device models, as well as free backup previews.
How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Mac Using iOS Data Manager Without Syncing
If you want to copy music from iPhone to Mac, use the steps mentioned below:
Step 1 Connect your iOS device to your computer and select “Manage” feature from the top menu bar.
Step 2 On the left sidebar, select the Music category, and then choose Music type under the category. All music files in your device will be displayed in the list. You can select the music you need to export and click the Export button from the top menu. The selected music will be transferred to computer.
Part 2: How to Sync Music from iPhone to Mac with iTunes (Doesn’t Work for macOS Catalina or Later)
iTunes will help you transfer songs from iPhone to Mac as long as the soundtracks were purchased from the iTunes Store. iTunes is the best choice if you wish to share tracks that you've downloaded from other sources as well. It is worth mentioning that iTunes has been replaced by Finder on macOS Catalina or later.
- Step 1: Use the USB cable to connect your iPhone to your Mac.
- Step 2: On your Mac, go to Account > Authorizations > Authorize This Computer > Authorize.
Step 3: Locate the File tab, then click on “Devices” from the drop-down menu. Choose “Transfer Purchases from [your device].”
Part 3: How to Get Music from iPhone to Mac via Apple Music
If you have an Apple Music subscription, your iPhone music will be synced across all your devices, so you won’t have to move it to your computer manually. All you have to do is enable the iCloud Music Library or Sync Library on your iPhone and Mac and sign in with the same Apple ID on both devices. After that, you may wirelessly and automatically import music from iPhone to Mac.
To sync music from your iPhone to your Mac using Apple Music, follow these steps:
Step 1: Sign up for Apple Music.
- On your iPhone, go to the Music app and select For You.
- Choose a subscription plan by tapping Try it Now.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and double-check the billing details.
Step 2: Log in using the Apple ID you used to purchase the Apple Music membership on your Mac.
- Open iTunes or the Apple Music app.
- Select “Account” > “Sign In” from the drop-down menu.
- Your Apple ID and password must be entered.
Step 3: On your Mac and iPhone, enable iCloud Music Library (in older macOS or iOS) or Sync Library.
- Toggle on “iCloud Music Library” or “Sync Library” in the iPhone’s Settings > Music menu.
- Open the Apple Music app on your Mac and go to Music > Preferences. To enable the option, go to the General page and pick “iCloud Music Library” or “Sync Library.” Click on OK.
Part 4: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Mac via AirDrop
To transfer music from your iPhone to your PC using AirDrop, follow the steps below:
- 1. From the Control Center, enable AirDrop on your iPhone.
- 2. Turn on WiFi and Bluetooth on your Mac by going to AirDrop in Finder (if turned off).
3. On both devices, set AirDrop discovery to Everyone.
- 4. Open the Music app and select the songs that you want to Airdrop from iPhone to Mac.
5. Tap on Share button and choose the Mac of yours for sharing.
When you get a new Mac and want to move music from iPhone to Mac, the solutions listed above can assist you in accomplishing the feat with ease. While other methods have some shortages and inconvenience, UltFone iOS Data Manager offers an easy and quick way to transfer music from iPhone to Mac with one click.