How to Get an iPad Out Of Recovery Mode
Did you tried to update your iPad, and now it is stuck in recovery mode? It happens more often than you think that iOS devices get stuck in recovery mode during upgrading or downgrading the software. So, if you've run into the same problem, we can assist you in how to get an iPad out of recovery mode. We understand that not getting access to your iPad can be a frustrating situation. And chances are there that nothing is seriously wrong with your iPad, and it is just a transient problem.
So, here are the ways that you can follow to get iPad out of recovery mode.
- Way 1. Get iPad Out of Recovery Mode without Computer
- Way 2. Get iPad Out of Recovery Mode without iTunes
- Way 3. How to Get iPad Out Of Recovery Mode with iTunes
Way 1. Get iPad Out of Recovery Mode without Computer
When you get stuck in recovery mode and assured that there is no software or hardware related issues, it's possible to follow the regular method to exit recovery mode. By using buttons, this is how to get iPad out of recovery mode without a computer. As there are different models available for the iPad, we will cover all models here.
For iPad with Home button, press the Home button and Top button at the same time. Hold them and wait as the device turns off. Use the Top button to turn the iPad back on, and you will be able to exit the recovery mode right away.
For the iPad without the Home button, you need to press the Volume Up button first and release it quickly. Then repeat the same step using the "Volume Down" button. Finally, hold the Power button and wait until the device shuts down completely. Afterward, use the Top button to turn on the iPad, and it will start working normally.
Way 2. Get iPad Out of Recovery Mode without iTunes
If you realize that the iPad stuck in recovery mode due to some other serious problems, it requires a more effective solution. So, here are some third-party tools that can assist you in the process without using iTunes.
The first tool we will consider to learn how to get an iPad out of recovery mode without restoring is RecBoot. It is system recovery software that can be used for free. There aren't any additional requirements to use RecBoot. Just download and install it on the system of your choice, and it'll be ready for use.
The steps you have to follow are given below:
- 1. Run RecBoot and connect your iPad with the system. As you launch the software, the home screen interface will provide you with two options, i.e., Enter Recovery Mode and Exit Recovery Mode.
2. Choose the Exit option, and the iPad will get out of recovery mode shortly.
- RecBoot is a freeware
- Available for both Windows & Mac OS
- One-click fast operation
- Freeware often contains malware that can do more serious damage
- Older version of RecBoot won't be compatible with new iPhone X/11 and iOS 13
- It only works with 32-bit version of OS
TinyUmbrella is a very well-known freeware in the market. It has a Fix Recovery feature that can help the iOS users to get their device out of recovery mode. With the help of this tool, you won't have to worry about the iPad unnecessarily.
Here's how to get iPad out of recovery mode without iTunes and by using TinyUmbrella:
- 1. Download the TinyUmbrella app on your system and make sure that you pick the right version. Launch TinyUmbrella and connect your iPad with the system while it is stuck in recovery mode.
2. Wait for the program to detect your iPad, and afterward, the "Exit Recovery" option will be highlighted for use. Hit the button, and your device will instantly get out of the recovery mode.
- It is a well-coded program which gives effective results
- Easy to navigate and use the functions
- GUI makes the tasks easier, and additional features are also available
- It might work at some events due to Apple restrictions
- Java and iTunes are required to run the program on Windows OS
3: UltFone Free iPhone Recovery Mode Tool
Another excellent solution to try when you are searching "how do I get my iPad out of recovery mode without losing data" is using UltFone free iOS Recovery Mode software. This software is designed with such technicality that it can get any iOS device out of recovery mode with just one click. The Exit Recovery Mode function is free for 5 times use, and in case there is a deeper issue behind it, then UltFone can also fix that issue.
Get the software on your system and follow the steps here to use it.
Step 1 Download and run the software and connect your iPad. As the device connects, UltFone will detect it in recovery mode and highlight the Exit Recovery Mode option in the home interface.
Free Download For Win 10/8.1/8/7/XP Secure Download Free Download For macOS 10.15 and below Secure Download BUY NOW BUY NOW
Step 2 Hit the Exit Recovery Mode option, and you'll have to wait for only 10 seconds to get your iPad out of recovery mode successfully.
Even if this doesn't work, you can switch to the Repair Operating System function to resolve the issue with your device without losing data.
You can refer to this video to learn how easy it is to get an iOS device out of recovery mode using this free iOS recovery mode tool
Way 3. How to Get iPad Out Of Recovery Mode with iTunes
At last, we can also consider using iTunes to learn how to get iPad 2 out of recovery mode. It will restore the device to factory settings and erase data as well. And this can be alarming for the users who doesn't have backup. Still, you must know this method.
- 1. Ensure that you have installed the latest version of iTunes and connect your iPad with it. The iTunes software will then notify you that an iPad in recovery mode is detected.
2. The software will prompt you to restore the iPad before you can access it. Hit the "Ok" button and wait for the process to finish.
Your iPad will be restored to factory settings, and you'll be able to use it again.
Wrap It Up
Whether you decide to use RecBoot, TinyUmbrella, or UltFone iPad Recovery Mode tool, you'll know how to take iPad out of recovery mode. Among these options, we recommend the users to try Any iOS System Repair as it is more efficient and reliable when it comes to fixing iPhone and iPad issues.