iOS 16 Awesome New Features
iOS 16 is packed with a bunch of new features that help you connect with others, be more focused, explore the world and do more with on-device intelligence.
Prepare iPhone and iPad for iOS 16 and iPadOS 16
Before you start the iOS 16 update, you’d better do some preparations like backup iPhone data. Let’s see what we should do before starting downloading the new iOS!
1. Check for Compatibility
2. Backup Your iOS Device Before iOS 16 Update
Data loss due to iOS upgrade occurs every year. Therefore, before performing iOS 16 upgrade, we recommend that you back up your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch. In this way, you can restore data from the backup if any of your data is lost during or after the upgrade. In addition to the traditional iTunes and iCloud backup choices, there are now many third-party iPhone backup tools. We have compared the three methods for your reference.
- Step 1. Connect your iOS device.
- Step 2. Choose the data to backup.
- Step 3. Back up data to a computer in one click.
- Full backup or selective backup.
- Saves multiple backup files.
- Extracts data from backup file(s).
- Restore data to iPhone/iPad selectively.
- No network and unlimited storage.
- 100% free backup feature.
- Step 1. Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Step 2. Go to Settings > [your name], and tap iCloud.
- Step 3. Tap iCloud Backup.
- Step 4. Tap Back Up Now.
- Automatically back up.
- Easy and secure to use.
- 5 GB free storage.
- Only back up an iPhone under a Wi-Fi connection.
- Can't extract backup data.
- Slow and time-consuming.
- Step 1. Open iTunes or Finder on the computer.
- Step 2. Connect your device to the computer with a USB cable.
- Step 3. Select your device under Devices on Mac, or select your device in iTunes.
- Step 4. Click Back Up Now
- No network required.
- Provide unlimited storage.
- Slow backup and restore process.
- Can't preview data in the backup file.
- iTunes backup or restore errors occur frequently.
How to Update Your Device to iOS 16/iPadOS 16
Learn how to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS — wirelessly or using your computer.
- Step 1. Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- Step 2. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
- Step 3. Tap Download and Install.
- Step 4. To update now, tap Install.
- Step 5. If asked, enter your passcode.
- Step 1. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or a PC, open iTunes.
- Step 2. Connect your device to your computer.
- Step 3. Locate your device on your computer.
- Step 4. Click General or Settings, then click Check for Update.
- Step 5. Click Download and Update.
- Step 6. If asked, enter your passcode.
Update to iOS 16 without iTunes
- Download a iOS 16/iPadOS 16 firmware file to a computer.
- Install iOS 16/iPadOS 16 to iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without iTunes.
- Fix 150+ iOS/iPadOS/tvOS System Problems, like update errors, bootloop, Apple logo, recovery mode, etc.
4,140,396 people have downloaded itLearn More
The steps to update to iOS 16
- Download and launch iOS System Repair.
- Connect your device and click the Start button.
- Download the firmware file.
- Wait for the program to install the iOS 16 firmware file to your iDevice.
Have an iOS 16 Update Problem?
You may encounter a problem during or after the update, how to solve these problems to get iOS 16 installed successfully? We have listed several upgrade issues that users have encountered most and gave some suggestions on how to solve them.
iOS 16 Downgrade Tips
If you overly excitedly updated to iOS 16 and are now faced with regret, or iOS 16 is causing issues on your iPhone, you still have a chance to downgrade your iPhone to iOS 15.
Downgrade from iOS 16 with UltFone iOS Downgrade Tool
- 1. Connect your device and click on the Start button on the main interface.
- 2. Choose Deep Repair.
- 3. Download the latest official iOS firmware file.
- 4. Start removing the iOS 16 from your device.
- 5. After the downgrade, your device is back to the latest official iOS version.
- Your data are kept intact after downgrading with UltFone iOS Downgrade Tool, though some of the data like messages may get lost.
- This iOS downgrade tool only supports downgrading from iOS 16 to the latest official iOS version. It does not support downgrading to a customized iOS version.
- The software can fix all issues you face with an iOS 16 update or downgrade.
Downgrade iOS 16 with iTunes
- 1. Back up your iPhone.
- 2. Go to ipsw.me and download the firmware that matches your iOS device.
- 3. Launch iTunes or Finder on your computer and connect your device to a computer.
- 4. Click Restore iPhone while holding down the Option/Alt key (Mac) or the Shift key (Windows) and locate the IPSW file you downloaded earlier.
- 5. Wait for the new IPSW file to be installed on your device.
- Downgrading iOS 16 with iTunes will result in complete data loss, and you can't restore from the previous backup files you created with iTunes or iCloud. So, remember to backup your iPhone with a third-party backup tool.
Pro-tips for iOS 16 Downgrade
1. The Usable iOS Versions Are Limited
To accomplish the downgrade, you should first go to ipsw.me to download your wanted iOS version. You can tap Choose a product > Choose a platform > Choose a version on the website to preview the versions and choose a suitable one to download.
2. Cannot Restore the Backup after the Downgrade
After you uninstall iOS 16, you'll be unable to restore your device with the backup that you created before the downgrade. If you want to get back the files, you should turn to some tools like UltFone iOS Data Recovery.
Celebrate iOS 16, Use Our Storewide Coupon
Choose the product you need and go to the purchase page
Choose the license type and enter the shopping cart
Enter coupon code
Redeem the Storewide Code on iOS 16 Hot Products
iOS Data Recovery
- Recover lost data on iPhone/iPad/iPod without backup or extract data from iTunes/iCloud backup file.
- Support iOS 16/iPadOS 16
iOS System Repair
- Fix iOS 16 system issues on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without data loss.
- Enter and exit recovery mode in one click.
- Backup and restore WhatsApp on iOS/Android devices.
- Transfer WhatsApp between iOS and Android devices.
- Backup and restore LINE/Viber/Kik/WeChat on iPhone.
iOS Data Manager
- Transfer data between iOS device and computer without iTunes.
- Backup & restore iOS data without iTunes. More flexible.
- One click to export iPhone photos to PC/Mac.
iCloud Activation Unlocker
- Bypass iCloud activation unlocker on iOS device.
- Turn off Find My iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without a password.
iPhone Backup Unlocker
- Recover iPhone backup password when forgotten.
- Remove Screen Time passcode without data loss.
- One click to remove iTunes backup encryption.