How to Fix Could Not Activate iPhone 5S on iOS 12/11
Recently, some people reported iPhone 5S activation error on iOS 12/11 after updating in iTunes. While iPhone displaying "the activation server cannot be reached" notice, iTunes also popping out an error code 0xE8000013. Apple server busy, unstable network connection and system glitch may all be the reasons for this issue. Luckily, here are some tips fix this error, take a look and have a try.
7 Ways to Fix Could Not Activate iPhone 5S
- 1. Try to Wait and Retry
- 2. Try to Hard Reboot iPhone
- 3. Try to Restart Router
- 4. Try to Try to Contact You Carrier
- 5. Try to Activate iPhone Via iCloud
- 6. Try to Repair iOS System
- 7. Try to Restore iPhone in iTunes
1. Try to Wait and Retry
Sometimes your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server is temporary unavailable. The Apple servers may be busy holding a large volume of traffic when you are activating iPhone, this could cause the failure. So just wait for a while and try again.
2. Try to Hard Reboot iPhone
Hard restart is always a good trick to try when facing issues on iPhone. To reboot an iPhone 5S, Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
3. Try to Restart Router
Unstable Wi-Fi connection is also a possible cause for iPhone 5S activating failure after iOS 11 update. Plug out the power cord on the router and plug it back in after 10 seconds to restart router.
4. Try to Try to Contact You Carrier
If you saw iPhone 5S activation no SIM card installed error occurred when trying to activate iPhone with a SIM card, the SIM card you are using to set up iPhone is from a different carrier. Just contact your carrier for help.
5. Try to Activate iPhone Via iCloud
If your iPhone is still not setting up properly after trying the methods above, inactive it in iCloud and then try again.
Go to iCloud from browser, log in your Apple ID and click on "Find iPhone".
Select "All Devices" in the middle of the page and tap the "X" button behind the name of iPhone.
Click "Yes" to confirm the inactivation and then active your iOS device again.
6. Try to Repair iOS System
When the activation request could not be completed on iPhone 5S running iOS 12/11, there's a large chance is something wrong with the newly installed software. Try to repair the system with an easy tool called UltFone iOS System Repair (ReiBoot). This software is designed to fix any iOS glitches by updating to the latest software version. Moreover, you are also allowed to reinstall the current system if you have downloaded the IPSW files.
- Download and install UltFone iOS System Repair (ReiBoot) on your computer, connect iPhone to PC and click "Fix All iOS Stuck" once detected. Click "Repair Now" and choose "Fix Now (All iOS 11 Stuck)" to go on.
- Now you'll get into the firmware downloading page, choose a save path and click "Download" to download the firmware package. This process will complete in minutes.
- Then you can click "Start Repair" to fix activating error on iPhone. When the repairing process ends, set up your iPhone 5S from scratch.
7. Try to Restore iPhone in iTunes
If you are still unable to complete your activation at this time on iPhone 5S, restore in iTunes will be your last resort. Remember that this operation will erase all the contents from your device, back up iPhone before getting started.
- Run iTunes and connect iPhone to computer, click on the iPhone icon once the device is recognized.
- Click "Restore iPhone" to put iPhone into its default settings. After that, try to active iPhone again.
With the solutions introduced in this post, you must have learnt how to fix could not activate iPhone 5S after iOS 12/11 update clearly. For more similar questions like activation request could not be completed, iOS 11 SIM card not supported, contact us at any time by commenting below.